Who is most likely to win the 2016 GOP presidential nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:21:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who is most likely to win the 2016 GOP presidential nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who is most likely to win the 2016 GOP presidential nomination?
Bolton

Bush

Carson

Christie

Cruz

Huntsman

Jindal

Kasich

Peter King

Paul

Perry

Rubio

Ryan

Santorum

Walker

NOTA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Who is most likely to win the 2016 GOP presidential nomination?  (Read 3306 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »

I voted Christie due to a split conservative vote. However, I have actually started to rate Paul's chances higher than I have in the past due to his attempts at pragmatism and Cruz's posturing.  If he can peel off enough moderates from Christie, I think he could be the "true conservative" who breaks out of the pack.

Walker is the dark horse, but I can't help but think that the triumverate of Christie/Paul/Cruz sucks all of the oxygen out of the room.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 03:13:18 PM »

I voted Christie due to a split conservative vote.

While I voted for Walker, the splitting of the conservative vote is how Christie could win. However, this assumes Christie run unopposed from the the moderate/establishment wing. What if Bush, Kasich, Thune, Huntsman and/or someone else splits the vote with him? And even people like Walker and Jindal can appeal to the moderates.

ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »

I voted Christie due to a split conservative vote.

While I voted for Walker, the splitting of the conservative vote is how Christie could win. However, this assumes Christie run unopposed from the the moderate/establishment wing. What if Bush, Kasich, Thune, Huntsman and/or someone else splits the vote with him? And even people like Walker and Jindal can appeal to the moderates.

With the possible exception of Kasich, I don't think Bush, Thune, or Huntsman will run. Also, in this scenario, Bush strikes me as the only one who could effectively compete with Christie in the moderate wing of the party. The rest I just see getting lost in the shuffle, which on that same note is what I think will happen with Walker and Jindal. Albeit I could see possibly a small opening for Walker. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies