KS-Survey USA: Davis leads Brownback (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:28:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  KS-Survey USA: Davis leads Brownback (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS-Survey USA: Davis leads Brownback  (Read 5116 times)
hopper
United States

« on: October 26, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »

There's a year left to go and KS is a ruby-red state.

I would also say this, I don't expect this to last forever.

If we see Dems like Wendy Davis or this Davis start to take leads in ruby red states, small sign that GOP may lose the House because of GOP gerrymand in Romney districts.  Kasich losing will probably signal that because the rigorous gerrymand.

Wendy Davis will not lead in Texas, and republicans are at one of their lowest points of popularity in modern history. With a year left, I don't see how the environment won't change. I wouldn't say they are going to lose anything as of yet.
Wendy Davis is a lost cause, but OC is right about Kasich. If a big liberal like Paul Davis can lead and possibly win in Kansas of all places, then I see no reason why Ed FitzGerald should have a hard time at all in swingy Ohio. Although given that, surprisingly Democrats have won more Governor's elections in Kansas than Ohio since 1990, but I still doubt that changes the likewise scenario in both situations here.

Davis and FitzGerald are both low in name recognition and because of that, the polling suggests Davis counting the 33% who might change their mind and 6% undecided is not home free yet while FitzGerald who has a 3 point lead over Kasich still has 27% of undecided voters mainly from the 62% who don't have an opinion on FitzGerald. The Medicaid expansion is widely liked, but it shouldn't help Kasich out too much especially because of HOW he passed it and he literally thinks he's St. Peter because of the expansion.

.....And I got off-track lol. But imo, right now Davis stands about as good of a chance as Ed FitzGerald in Ohio. Both of them are great, young, appealing and very liberal politicians and the key to maintaining that voter hate of the two Republican Governor's is reminding the constituents that they supported the 1995-1996 shutdown (which is true) and from what a lot of the House of Reps polls have indicated as of late, that connection goes really, really bad for any GOP politician and it's no wonder why.

Why are you comparing the 1995-1996 shutdown to the 2013 shutdown? 1995-1996 the issue of the shutdown not ObamaCare like it was in 2013. House of Reps is for another thread so I won't get into that here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies