OLD Department of Forum Affairs

(1/10) > >>

King:

Welcome to the official thread of the NEW Department of Forum Affairs. 

For a list of registered voters (sorted by District, last updated 4.25.05), click here.

For a current map of regions and districts, click here.

NEWS Last Updated 3.8.05
Policy Decision on All * Voters from February
I have decided to be lenient on all * members who voted in the deleted elections but not in the new one.  All of these members will not have their registration revoked.  Instead their votes will be counted as "invalid" meaning they lose their *, but do not impact the February 25th election result.  I hope to set this as a precedent for future Secretary of Forum Affairs.

New Register Thread COMING SOON, NEED Party Descriptions!
If you are the leader of an organized political party that wishes to be listed in the new register thread, please PM a short paragraph description of your party to Secretary King.[/tt]

King:

The first of seven installments for my Senators to debate over:

Senate Proposal #1:  The Deputy SoFA Bill

1.  The government of Atlasia shall hereby establish the office of the Deputy Secretary of Forum Affairs.

2.  The Deputy's duty shall be to fulfill the obligations of the Secretary in his/her absence.  The Deputy shall also act as the official Interim Secretary in cases of resignation.

3.  The Deputy Secretary shall not be considered a member of the cabinet unless acting as Secretary in his/her absence and is therefore not part of the Presidential succession.

4.  The Deputy Secretary shall be appointed by the Secretary and confirmed by the President.  The Senate shall not intervene unless there is a motion to block the appointment.

Reaganfan:
Sounds like a plan.

King:

The second of seven installments for my Senators to debate over:

Senate Proposal #2:  Senator Resignation and Replacement Amendment

1.  All Senators wishing to resign their seat must give notice one week before they officially leave office.

2.  If the resignation is within three weeks of that particular seats election, a special election will not be held for an interim.  The President of the Senate, or Vice President, shall appoint an interim from that district to serve out the remainder of the term.

King:

The third of seven installments for my Senators to debate over:

Senate Proposal #3:  Census Act

1.  The official time of the Census shall be the first Friday of March, July, and November at Midnight.

2.  Only voters who have cast a valid ballot in the last election before the Census will have their registration counted in the Census.

3.  Redistricting must be completed within two weeks after the Census.  If the Governors are unable to come to an agreement, the current district map will remain until the next Census.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page