Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:18:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 130429 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: December 20, 2013, 02:43:54 PM »

Did eating become too tedious?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 10:07:48 AM »

I had laser eye surgery today. It cost me about $7000, which is quite a lot of money for me but the results are absolutely amazing - I already had (near) perfect sight three hours after the surgery. I can only recommend such a procedure if you can afford it and there's a high chance that it will have a desirable effect on your eyes. The risks are extremely low nowadays.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »

I had laser eye surgery today. It cost me about $7000, which is quite a lot of money for me but the results are absolutely amazing - I already had (near) perfect sight three hours after the surgery. I can only recommend such a procedure if you can afford it and there's a high chance that it will have a desirable effect on your eyes. The risks are extremely low nowadays.

I would consider it but I have an unstable prescription. I'm afraid of getting the surgery only to have my eyesight deteriorate again in 5-10 years.

I have been told that it's not a good idea to get eye laser surgery if you have an unstable prescription precisely because of the risk you mentioned, yeah. Indeed, from what I have read, most responsible surgeons will not do such a surgery if your prescription hasn't been stable for at least a few years.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 12:45:59 AM »

I would consider it but I have an unstable prescription. I'm afraid of getting the surgery only to have my eyesight deteriorate again in 5-10 years.

I have been told that it's not a good idea to get eye laser surgery if you have an unstable prescription precisely because of the risk you mentioned, yeah. Indeed, from what I have read, most responsible surgeons will not do such a surgery if your prescription hasn't been stable for at least a few years.

That's what my optometrist told me when I asked about it. My eyesight was changing as of my last check-up, but I want to look into surgery in a few years once I've paid off my student loans.  In any case, I'm glad to hear that it worked so well for you. It seems like an amazing quality of life improvement.

Thanks.

It's not that wearing glasses is horrible, of course, but as you say living without glasses or contacts is generally more comfortable. Also, the high costs are the only really unpleasant aspect about laser eye surgery. All in all, the entire laser procedure itself only takes a few minutes and is painless.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies