Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:46:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 130370 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: January 03, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »

Hope the new semester helps too, Cathcon.

I just sent off the final revised version of the manuscript for my second book to the press that will publish it.  Still have to work through the index and the page proofs once they typset it, but the last year-and-a-half on this project is finally done.  I had a surprisingly hard time clicking the "Send" button on my email--strangely hard for an author to just let the thing go at the end.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »

My mother turns 90 years old today.  Happy Birthday, mom!
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »

Speaking of winter, I'm sitting in a Halifax, Nova Scotia pub this afternoon, and as I type this, the sun is shining in the west and snow is falling freely from the sky. 
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 02:31:08 PM »

Speaking of winter, I'm sitting in a Halifax, Nova Scotia pub this afternoon, and as I type this, the sun is shining in the west and snow is falling freely from the sky. 

Temperature?  (outside, not inside the warm pub Tongue  )

Pretty warm outside too, about 23 F.  Rarely gets below zero F in this part of Canada since I've started visiting here.  But I put in my time with low temps growing up in NoDak.  Smiley
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »

Have been very busy with lots of projects lately, and so have not been posting much.  I've been playing a lot of chess on Gameknot and have achieved a much higher rating than I had when I was in my early 20's playing tournaments, so am thinking about getting back into over-the-board live tournament play.  I'm going to be taking a leave of absence from my job here to teach for a year in Halifax, Nova Scotia for AY 2014-15, after which I'll return to my department here to begin my first term as its chair.  I'm also going to visit Columbia next March for some lectures and to spend time with friends, which I'm quite happy about because it will be my first trip to South America.  I'm generally too busy, but otherwise life has been good.

Hope those of you having a hard time yourselves lately or who have loved ones struggling will be met with a change of fortune soon.  Glad others are doing well.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 03:21:31 PM »

I have just moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia, where I will live for the next fifteen months.  So, new avatar.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 06:46:30 PM »

Torie, might Dan be talking about the Canadian government's ongoing interactions with the Mi'kmaq people, their mandated reorganization of the Mi'kmaq governing body in the late nineteenth cent., ect.?  In any case, other than a short trip away from here I'll be taking from June 19-22, I will be here the whole summer, so you and Dan are more than welcome to visit!  Can show you a little around the city and, if your interested, maybe even take you two around Nova Scotia wine country, only an hour and a half or so drive away from here.  Not California wine, but not bad, and a good chance to see some of the province's nice countryside.

Nathan, I took a leave of absence from my teaching job in Illinois this coming year, as I got a one-year appointment to do some teaching and tutoring at King's College and Dalhousie University, which in turn gives me a chance to spend a year with my girlfriend here.  I spent my sabbatical here and have visited often since she moved here in 2010, so I like the area a lot.

Best of luck, Duke!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies