Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:32:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 130952 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: January 06, 2014, 09:12:08 AM »

^^^

Opted not to go to the first class of the semester. I tried to, but I slipped twice because the entire city has turned into a massive skating rink in which basically every thing is slippery as hell. Further motivation to GTFO of this sh**thole country asap.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 03:45:16 PM »

I've never taken a fully online course (or at least I don't remember) but there was some online component of my first year Spanish classes (which was mandatory but also required us to pay extra) which was horrendous torture.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:37:41 PM »

I waited 45 minutes for my bus home yesterday. Given that is very cold and windy (hence creating snow tornadoes and massive blowing snow gusts), I would have understood something like 10 minutes, but since I was freezing after 45 minutes at the bus stop, I was flaming when it finally decided to show up. Public transit is a disaster.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »

I've had 11 interviews so far (7 last week, 4 so far this week including 3 today) and one final one tomorrow. My 3 interviews and an early-morning midterm have exhausted me Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 07:26:29 PM »

Oh yeah, I found my coop internship for the summer. Pretty cool.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 09:54:24 PM »

I started my work at PHAC and my office has a window overlooking the lake and the canal. Pretty cool.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »

Tried dealing with the finance/awards people at the university. These people are the worst and should be shot. Incompetent domkops.

I will be glad to take a break from this dump in a few months time.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 05:56:26 PM »

I just got offered a job (to teach English - in a legit place) in Medellín, Colombia! I have one month to think about it and consider it, but it sounds pretty damn enticing (not a good pay, but accommodation+internet and food 2x day 6x week is included).
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 06:03:49 PM »

I just got offered a job (to teach English - in a legit place) in Medellín, Colombia! I have one month to think about it and consider it, but it sounds pretty damn enticing (not a good pay, but accommodation+internet and food 2x day 6x week is included).

Would it be a temporary or a permanent job? How much per hour?

It's 3 months (and can be extended to 6) for 35 hours/week (flexible). It's $122 per month, but the guy tells me it's only a bit below local minimum wage and can definitely cover the extra food I need. Frankly, my main worry is getting by - the guy said it's a tight budget - but I have extra cash to spare if need be, and the no rent/no cable-internet/free food most of the time is a good deal.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 04:06:23 PM »

My blog got a new follower on Twitter. A member of the NPD executive committee and a district chairman. Sorry, time to shut down the blog now.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 04:51:42 PM »

Just finished my last coop internship (at the Public Health Agency) yesterday, getting treated to a nice lunch. Heading off to Niagara Falls for a short while next week.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 05:33:23 AM »

Leaving for Niagara Falls this morning, driving through the empire of Dark Lord Cuomo.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 02:35:47 PM »

Last semester of undergrad begins tomorrow; I have zero-motivation after a much too short week-long holiday and anticipation for Medellín. help me
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 02:25:22 PM »

I had a fun weekend. Me and my friend should definitely just pack up, move to Sweden (or Denmark), get on welfare, marry the Icona Pop duo and play kubb for a living. This whole uni semester (although it's my last one... for a short period of time) and other associated horsecrap in my life is wearing me down, and my friend is in an even direr state.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies