Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:32:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128914 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: May 08, 2014, 10:16:54 AM »

I had laser eye surgery today. It cost me about $7000, which is quite a lot of money for me but the results are absolutely amazing - I already had (near) perfect sight three hours after the surgery. I can only recommend such a procedure if you can afford it and there's a high chance that it will have a desirable effect on your eyes. The risks are extremely low nowadays.

I would consider it but I have an unstable prescription. I'm afraid of getting the surgery only to have my eyesight deteriorate again in 5-10 years.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:38:43 PM »

I've spent a decent amount of time in both cities (more than any other cities, in fact) and never gotten that impression, but I adore San Francisco and don't really care for Washington much at all. To me Washington seems awfully artificial; the immense tourist trap that is the federal buildings in the heart of the city serves as a real impediment to the creation of real communities like San Francisco has.

I've always felt it strange when people talk about "real communities" in a city. For one thing, if you are not a part of those communities, why do you care? What value does it bring to you? On the other hand, if you are a part of a community, then again, I would say it's more about your personal connections than the physical space. I can see myself living in the middle of a relatively close residential "community" and yet still be quite isolated. So what you're talking about is really the snobbery of preferring one type of city to another.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies