Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:14:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 131448 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: October 18, 2013, 03:05:16 AM »
« edited: October 05, 2014, 12:51:09 AM by Tik's Palatial Regalia »

I couldn't find the last thread (I didn't try very hard) and wanted to post about my last few days. I'd also like to hear about your last few days, sweetie. I'll make some popcorn. My update is not altogether pleasant, just a forewarning.

Yesterday I had to leave work early after getting a distressed call from my partner. Our beloved cat has been unwell and it was time for him to pass on. One last cuddle and a few teary goodbyes, and he was put to sleep. I'll never forget that. We stayed in the room with him as it happened (is that weird?) and he gave the most haunting baoow.. ugh. We spent the rest of the day crying off and on.

And then today after work on the drive home I was overtaken by two cars after a red light, both driven by young guys. The second guy was tailgating the first, waving his arms around. They pulled ahead, then the second guy swerved into the passing lane and began tailgating someone just ahead of the first guy. Suddenly he slams into the side of the first guy, pulls away slightly, and does it again. The guy getting slammed into it was shoved off the road and began spinning out, barely missing a line of trees. I was horrified. I pulled off the road and, shaking, made my way towards the car, meeting a few others who witnessed it. The guy was alright, though his car was totaled. No one called the police. The kid was unlicensed and unregistered. The other guy drove off.

And after I got home and told my partner the story, she surprised me with flowers and tickets to see Neutral Milk Hotel later next month, and I felt better.

The end Smiley
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 05:42:41 PM »

Thanks for the sympathy, guys. It is sad to sit around the house so we've been going out to distract ourselves a lot. Life goes on.

Fender benders like that scare me, Sanchez. I'm always afraid when it's my fault that the other person will fly off the handle. Luckily cars seem pretty resilient to bumps these days and most people are kind and understanding.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 10:44:01 PM »

Is eating a lot of cough drops dangerous? Is there medicine in them or is it just minty not that sweet candy?

There's usually menthol or something like that. I don't think that that would be dangerous, really. If it were, it would probably indicate so on the packet.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 03:31:07 AM »

Is eating a lot of cough drops dangerous? Is there medicine in them or is it just minty not that sweet candy?

There's usually menthol or something like that. I don't think that that would be dangerous, really. If it were, it would probably indicate so on the packet.

It is possible to overdose on menthol, but in order to do that with cough drops, you'd need to literally ingest thousands of cough drops at one time, which is impractical.  Several 6 oz jars of Vicks VapoRub might do the trick if ingested because the menthol in it is far more concentrated than in cough drops.

I'm fairly certain you can buy concentrated menthol, actually. I was told by a fellow smoker that you can buy it to spray on fresh tobacco then put it in the freezer to roll your own menthol cigarettes. So you could probably just drink that. Why the hell are we talking about this?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:19:08 AM »

So while I was at work today my ..uh, step-father-in-law, happened upon a little furball on the street. He sort of nudged it with his foot and it gave a little squeek. It was a newborn kitten. He tried to find its mother for a half hour to no avail, so he brought it home. When I say newborn kitten, I mean it.. it was probably born last night. Umbilical cord still was attached and everything.

So they managed to give the cold little kitty some warmth and a little bit of milk and he perked up and began squeeking. After a few calls they found some volunteers who take in cats until they can be put up for adoption. We passed the cat on to one of them who knew someone else whose cat just had a litter. So she/he is being adopted by that cat until he grows up a bit more. And then, he'll be ours Smiley

That's if he/she makes it. It's hard to say so early on. They did find the original mother cat and her owner. The owner had stray cats running around everywhere and didn't even know one of his cats was pregnant. So they decided that giving it back was a waste of time.

I'm not altogether happy about getting a new cat so quickly after losing our last one. But, as my partner said, it was pure chance and we probably saved his life. So, good news Smiley
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 05:19:58 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2013, 05:21:38 AM by Tik: Born a FF, Identify as a HP »

By the way if anyone has any ideas for a name, please share. Weird names especially.

Oh and if my story made you want to squee then this video is really similar to what happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds4eA6V8o9k (except with a slightly less hilarious accent. I keep hearing this guy saying "So my buddy found this cat and I was like, eh, bring it over to my place. And then I shot 'im."
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 06:54:46 AM »

The little kitten we found sadly did not last through the night. After she passed my partner sort of realised that we need a feline around for her to stay sane - I guess it's some kind of constant. So we ended up going animal shelter cruising and happened upon two six month old fluff balls, one all black and one all white. We bought them and now they are livening up the place being little psychotic idiots.

And then, yesterday, my sister-in-law finally gave birth to a little boy, so I have been re-uncled for the seventh time and will get to warp his developing mind with stupidity. Hurray.

Work is stressing me out. Being in charge kind of sucks, you take all of the blame when things go badly and none of the credit when things go smoothly. Sucks the most when your boss is an unapproachable Japanese guy with no clue as to Australian work ethics and only a mediocre grasp of English. It has gone from a friendly place to work to an environment where everyone is looking behind their backs for knives. I have never been in this kind of leadership position before and don't know how to change it into a more positive, pleasant place to work again. Maybe it never was a pleasant place to work and I just didn't know about it as a peon. What's the worst is that I feel I cannot take a day off to make heads or tails of anything - whenever I do my bosses and coworkers complain that the day went horribly and then I have twice as much to do correcting the previous day's issues. While it's reassuring to feel needed, it's also pretty suffocating.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 08:15:59 AM »

I am organizing the music for my mother-in-law's 60th birthday party. A bit of the obvious.. Beatles, Rolling Stones, with some Janis Joplin thrown in and, hell, some Jimmy Barnes for good measure for the old Aussies. Besides a few singles I've downloaded myself over the years, I'm out of solid ideas. I need help. I've looked up the chart-toppers for the mid to late 60's and early 70's, but I want to know much more than just the #1's. There must have been great songs that didn't reach the top that people remember. I want stuff that was huge that they don't even play often on the Oldies stations anymore. I'm probably over-thinking it.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 07:25:27 AM »

I had a very nice excursion to Portsea and discovered that it's a decent enough place to look at but an awful place to meet someone who isn't a self-absorbed douche.

I lost my debit card but I didn't lose my wallet. I'm wondering how the hell that happened.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 05:55:35 PM »

The constant minor inconveniences of everyday life are eating away at my mental health. I guess. I took a sickie to help recuperate my sanity and help with some errands but now I just feel like a failure because if I pulled through I could've at least gone to work late and dealt with home obligations later. In summary I feel like I've let myself down by talking a day of to process how I can grapple with letting myself down. That's some dumb sh**t.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 07:12:52 AM »

I spoiled my partner for Valentine's Day. First I worked an 11 and a half hour day, then on the way home I picked up some Hungry Jack's. We dined, and later I took her to the pub so she could lose twenty bucks. I then bought some beer and entertained myself hiding cat treats while she played Happy Street. Basically we are rock stars.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 02:38:20 AM »

I met a girl online today who said she really likes mountains.  Do you think it would impress her if I told her I pioneered legislation that banned mountaintop removal mining in Atlasia?

Whoa, there, champ. Boasts like that make a woman so hot and wet that devastating hurricanes tend to develop months later. We don't want the eastern seaboard underwater again, do we?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 10:41:16 PM »

Biked 25 k's and my legs are made of jello.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 07:43:59 PM »

Going to a work soirée tonight, pulled out my old suit and realized the pants are a size 31 while I'm a size 34, minimum. I will blame it on quitting smoking.

Seeing as how this will be a large celebration with a lot of work mates I am utterly terrified. I'm sure once we get into the evening and I've knocked back a few glasses of champagne it'll be alright, but the anxiety just before the event will be excruciating. Ugh.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 08:08:19 AM »

I don't have anywhere else but here to semi-publicly say that I am going to soon shake hands with Mr. Polyamory. How terrifying and exciting for me and disgusting for everyone else!

Oh, and I'll probably lock this thread about the time it's a year old (holy crap this thread is almost a year old).
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 08:50:20 AM »

Y'know, LeBron, most dudes would be excited to be surrounded by chicks and have so little competition in any club they joined.

Generally lesbians are not interested in having sex with gay men though. Actually from my experience having many gay male friends, they usually hate lesbians and vice versa.

I've always found it odd that while gay men and straight women can be such compatible friends, you never see gay female-straight male friendships. If anything, your "typical" gay man often feels perfectly at ease around the opposite sex and may prefer the company of women to the company of men (in a non-sexual context), while lesbians often seem to avoid men in general at all costs.

The lesbians that I know have many male friends, gay or straight, and I often hear that the more stereotypically masculine lesbians get along with straight males splendidly. I don't know what lesbians you've met.. "avoid men in general at all costs?" That's downright bizarre. How does one manage that?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 07:56:25 AM »

Have you ever hugged a throw pillow? Insta-gay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies