Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:01:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129181 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 26, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »

My exams start a week from today. I won't have much of a thanksgiving holiday. At least I got tomorrow off, but only because my professors cancelled class. RIP Duke.

Good luck Dukey. And between then and now, my suggestion is to stay the hell away from this place. It's in a bad patch, and terribly distracting. Focus, focus, on what is really important.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »

My exams start a week from today. I won't have much of a thanksgiving holiday. At least I got tomorrow off, but only because my professors cancelled class. RIP Duke.

Good luck Dukey. And between then and now, my suggestion is to stay the hell away from this place. It's in a bad patch, and terribly distracting. Focus, focus, on what is really important.

My presence will be very scarce over the next few weeks, especially after Thanksgiving. My Secured Transactions exam is so long the professor is sending it to us the fact pattern 24 hours in advance so we will have time to read it.

If that is about the UCC, rather than mortgages (and secured real estate transactions, or all that stuff about securing law suit judgments by liening assets, seemingly a trivial and simple matter, but actually quite annoying complex and subtle), I got my worst grade in Commercial Transactions. The problem? There were no "hooks." It was a self contained body of little rules, that could not be tied to economic theory, or much of any other theory, or what is just and fair, and doing what is equitable, and all that good stuff, so one could just get the pattern, and fill in the blanks reverting to theory, and then, and so many terms of art to boot. So the students who could master a puzzle palace that was self contained, with their little rat trap brains, some almost savant like, at the University of Michigan Law School, ran circles around me. It was awful!  Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2013, 01:14:25 PM by Torie »

Did somebody get out of the wrong side of bed this morning? Or is the problem is that your bed only has one side, so that you get up off the wrong side of the bed every morning?

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 01:15:49 PM »

Partied with total wild abandon last night (good conversation too), slept very soundly for 8 hours, but still woke up before partner Dan, relaxed and happy and ready for more. Looking forward to receiving the DJ mix that was cut by my architect whose hobby is creating music mixes for his DJ gigs, this one for a double gay weddings in Palm Springs where in the first wedding ceremony the couple  and guests getting married were dressed in white, and the other wedding party in black, and then in the second wedding ceremony, everyone switched colors, so those dressed in black were now in white, and visa versa. And then everyone danced to my friend's music from Midnight to 4 am (at least that was the agenda as described to me - alas we weren't invited). Those hedonistic gays sure know how to have fun! Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 03:45:57 PM »

Visiting Grinnell College. Also its rather embarassing to admit, but it'll be the first time I'm out of California...

My older brother went there. He gives it mixed reviews, but then he was there in the late 1960's, so his experience is rather out of date.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 04:04:09 PM »

Apparently the neighbours think me and Michael are too noisy during certain activities :/

Inadequate insulation eh?  You know what?  Where two bedrooms will be sharing a wall in my buildings in Hudson, I am making them sound proof. The only panting and grunts that I want to hear, are those of myself and my partner at the time.  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 07:38:00 PM »

102 degrees at the gym today, which was nevertheless "cool" because I love hot and sweaty muscles (The gym is at the epicenter of the current Santa Ana wind condition when the winds reverse their prevailing direction from the sea and blow from the desert, and the air heats as it compresses when descending back down to sea level at the beach), and 93 degrees on top of my little bit of heaven hill in Laguna Niguel, which I am abandoning for a more arduous regime. Time to toughen up!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 03:58:36 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2014, 04:10:16 PM by Torie »

I have just moved to Halifax, Nova Scotia, where I will live for the next fifteen months.  So, new avatar.

My partner Dan announced that he wants to go to Nova Scotia this summer (he has all kinds of things he is cooking up in his mind as trips from our new Hudson base camp). I asked why, other than the fact that it was there. He replied that it was because that was last place that native Americans in North America got screwed by the White man, so he needs to visit. I am not sure that I understand the nexus, but whatever - whatever keeps Dan happy. If Dan is happy, Torie is happy.  Smiley So ... we may be hitting you up this summer anvi!  Tongue

Oh, I got my variance granted by the Hudson Zoning Board of Appeals btw, and again my name graced the local paper on the front page. I am getting famous, or perhaps infamous would be more accurate, in the hood even before moving there. I am also commencing taking the NY Barbei Bar Review course, so I will be ready to take the NY Bar Exam test at the end of July in Albany. Torie has no plans whatsoever to retire or slow down until he assumes room temperature. He has just too much to do, and too many miles yet to go, before he sleeps.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies