Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:19:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 130314 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 23, 2013, 11:43:48 AM »

I'm in Korea for work, staying in a nice hotel with computer and many amenities, including a wonderful robotic toilet, all for free, with free meals, flight, and they even payed me a token $200 for the 'work'.  The good life.

be sure to update the Dinner thread once or twice.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

yeah Scott you're holding yourself to too high of a standard, to a PhD standard when you've yet to enter college.  and you'd find that most people writing at that level don't necessarily know much about a lot that ends up in their works: they have teams of research-slaves working for them.  presumably you don't.  shua's advice is good.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »

That is very good advice.  Like I said, I've already taken to writing things down (mostly outlines), and I'm sure what I've written will be useful in the future, but I think I'll hold off on writing publishable books and things like that until I'm at least somewhat comfortable with what I know on the subject.  I'll have plenty of time to organize my thoughts in college, anyway.

also the simple fact that you're concerned with this stuff at age 17-18 instead of alcohol, weed, women, GTA V, etc. puts you ahead of ~98% of the white male population.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 09:12:32 PM »

155 on the LSAT. Maybe I need to find something else to do with my life.

you shouldn't go to law school anyway, but with falling admission standards 155 should get you in somewhere in the top 50.  or even top 30.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 11:31:03 PM »

I have massive f[inks]ing chest cold.  Ugh.

for whatever f'ing reason I first read this as "I have massive fcking credit card debt".  which presumably isn't true.  which is nice.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 11:49:15 PM »

my 19" TV died, about 4 years into duty.  was a bummer, but I was pleasantly surprised by the prices for new TVs.  I got a 23.6" Samsung for $170.  the 4.6" make quite a difference, as all I really use my TV for is live sports (and the Mike Francesa simulcast).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies