Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:31:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129154 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: November 30, 2013, 05:49:20 PM »

Had fun owning everybody at darts.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 04:50:09 PM »

Got called a 'evil moralising bourgeouis prick' by the school's resident pseudo-marxist crazy woman. I'm rather proud of it Smiley
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »

Finished the first wave of A2 modular exams yesterday. Celebrate good times.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 08:26:39 AM »

I've just discovered that most of my Ethics classmates are seemingly well-disposed towards eugenics. Ugh.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 05:40:03 PM »

Ah, life is good. The modular results for January are in; 97.5 percent in Economics, 87 percent in Philosophy. I repeat, life is good.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »

Ah, life is good. The modular results for January are in; 97.5 percent in Economics, 87 percent in Philosophy. I repeat, life is good.

Congratulations, Cassius. I may otherwise consider you an HP, but as a fellow student fighting his way through exams at the moment...solidarity!

Oh definitely. Exams, I find, always draw together even the bitterest of opponents, united in the face of a greater enemy. So good luck to you in your exams too!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 04:19:56 PM »

My sister just got engaged to her boyfriend of 10 years Smiley

Huzzah Smiley
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »

Is the answer Argentina or Brazil?

Argentina, which I figured out primarily because plenty of Italian (and German and even English, but mostly Italian) immigrants populate Jorge Luis Borges' stories.  

(And, well, Argentina is a lot whiter than the rest of Latin America, and it wasn't gonna be Canadia or Australia or anything like that.)

Did 'which country was the first to introduce female suffrage' question come up. That piece of trivia has come in useful for me on many a school trip/end of year/New Years quiz Wink. Almost every time...
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »

As a prefect, I've been landed with the onerous duty of rounding up money for the end of year school ball/prom from recalcitrant stragglers. Oh well, at least I have a date this year, unlike last time (which was a rather comical affair).
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2014, 01:00:32 PM by Assemblyman Cassius »

Condolences to you Flo Sad

Yesterday I got my first pay check Cheesy. I was (and am) so happy!!!!

The pleasure of earning money Smiley

Anyway, today we had our penultimate assembly (basically the last serious one before what is essentially the joke informal assembly next Friday), where they doled out some individual subject prizes. I somehow managed to stumble into winning the Ethics and Philosophy Sixth Form prize for 'academic rigour and balanced contributions to class debate' Cheesy
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »

Woohoo, my final day of school today... ever (unless I completely f up my exams Tongue). There was a little joke award assembly (you know the sort of thing, 'worst driver', 'worst drunk' 'least successful in the gym'), and I received the 'biggest Bible thumper' award (largely due to my contributions to Ethics and Philosophy debates Tongue). Then, we all went into town, descended upon the pubs and bars and generally had a great (and in my case sober) time. Twas' a great day.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 05:30:08 AM »

I've now entered the last desperate days of revision before my exams begin (on Monday). I'm confident (ish) that I know my stuff and what I've got to do. But still, it's not a nice time Sad
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 03:58:18 AM »

My brother threw up in my Mum's car following his English A.S. Paper. Another reason why its a bad idea to have a big breakfast before an exam.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 03:21:43 PM »

3rd week of studying for the bar, and I've never wanted to die as badly as I do right now.

I feel for you man (even if what your doing is probably ten times harder than the stuff I'm doing) Sad. Ah well, the day of freedom must come eventually Smiley
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 05:25:34 AM »

Have completed my last exam, thus muh freederms are finally restored!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 09:01:18 AM »

Well that holiday was... interesting.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 04:07:37 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2014, 04:10:26 PM by Assemblyman Cassius »

So yeah, today, I was in town, minding my own business, when all of a sudden this uncleanly rabble of pro-Palestinian protestors came blundering down the street, waving their bloody flags and poorly crafted placards whilst simultaneously gibbering 'free Palestine' and 'down with Israel', or some rubbish like that. I had half a mind to shout 'go Israel' or somesuch other provocation, but in the end my lack of backbone got in the way of that. However, once the circus had passed, I spied a solitary Palestinian flag that they'd left behind. So, surreptitiously, I walked over, snatched the flag, which I then proceeded to dump in the nearest bin. Made a statement and all that.

Apparently some of the protestors also got into a bit of a ruckus with some dudes outside a pub. Ouch.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 04:16:00 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2014, 04:22:46 AM by Senator Cassius »

Well, to temporarily disrupt the currently serious and sombre nature of this thread, I have now met the conditions of my university offer (by getting three A's in my A-Levels), meaning that my place at uni is officially confirmed. I'm firmly of the opinion that this is down to divine providence. The Lord is good Cheesy
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 04:26:14 AM »

Congrats. And it's not somber, don't worry. It's a good thing! Smiley

I was referring to your poor cat.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 02:34:01 AM »

Currently winging my way to university.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length