Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:42:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129218 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 19, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »

Apparently the #CancelColbert girl is coming to my school Friday.

I'm all for LGBT equality but I'm not pleased my tuition is going to support this crap

Wait, why are LGBT activists going after Colbert?

She's speaking at a pro-LGBT conference at my uni about feminism. It's not really an LGBT thing.

I'm completely behind the social justice movement, but I'm not behind juvenile SJW bullsh*t. And if you look at Suey Park's interview, she has the mentality of a SJW.

But again, why would these groups of people have anything against Colbert? He seems pretty clearly to be on the right side of social justice issues.

This girl started the #CancelColbert hashtag because he (in character obviously) made a racist joke against Asians on his show, to mock the Redskins owner trying to deflect criticism of his racist team name and mascot by donating some money to some Native American foundation. The show's Twitter (which of course is not made by Colbert himself) retweeted the joke but with the context missing it sounded worse than it actually was. It was deleted but that wasn't enough for her and a couple of her colleagues who started the campaign. Backlash resulted, mostly just laughing at her but of course there was a little bit of sexist and racist comments which she cherry picked to highlight and prove she was right all along. All around stupidity ensues.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies