Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:30:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128981 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: September 29, 2014, 04:06:25 PM »

Decided this morning to quit cigarettes to get ready for a 5K on October 25th. We'll see if this holds up.

Good for you. I'm in the process of quitting for good too. Good luck.
Yeah, I think I have to quit...but I don't think I'm going to be able to unless I get with a girl who is disgusted with the habbit.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1376 on: September 29, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2014, 04:26:30 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

The Trial of the d-bag who killed Sanchez's step-uncle saga: day 1.

The trial of the man who killed my mom's step-brother has begun today. He was murdered when I began Freshman year, and now as I start my final year the trial has just begun. I am not pro-death penalty and the killer is not likely up for the sentence, but I wouldn't shed any tears if he did get the needle. And I say that as a person who barely knew the victim or his family (I swear to God, I have relatives who met him once twenty years ago and who are basically only cousins by marriage that are more emotionally involved than I am), but I hope justice is served.

Long story not so short, (I think I posted about this when it happened shortly after I joined the forum), my step-uncle was shot dead during a burglary that he walked in on when he returned home from his son’s baseball game to get his cigarettes. He encountered the two suspects in the house and attacked them with the flag pole on his front porch and trapped them in a bathroom. Apparently, they shot him twice through the door and he was dead before he hit the ground. The defense claims that the killers were two other people who were selling him drugs when the deal went down. A small amount of cocaine was found in his body, though it is believed that it was last used six weeks prior to the killing. The killers fled the scene and were witnessed before and after the shooting by neighbors who thought they were casing the area (we believe that these same two men burglarized several houses-including three neighbors of my grandma’s a few blocks south).

The one killer was in his mid twenties, while his accomplice was only 15 at the time. The 15 year old has been trying to pin the killing on the older man, and may make a deal with the prosecution in order to get a lighter sentence. I sympathize with the kid; he comes from a blighted part of town and was part of a gang initiation. I don’t think his life should be ruined because of this, though the older man (and the man who they believed fired the gun) should rot in prison to his last dying day.

The prosecution seems fairly strong, though the sketch artists failed to get a decent image of the man. Also, the gun has never been recovered and neither suspect’s fingerprints were found on the scene. While that looks promising for the defense, the defendants alibi has been disproven as he claimed to have been in Ft. Lauderdale when a gas station across the town (the same gas station near my other relatives house that I frequent when in Vero by the way) as security camera footage proving that the two suspects were indeed together and in town on the night of the murder. I’ll continue to provide updates on the trial as it progresses, and I might go up on Friday to personally witness the trial out of morbid curiosity.

Edit: Also, the victim’s wife took the stand. She has always hated my grandmother (her step-mother-in law) and my other Aunt who lives up there. She once kicked my uncle out for making a semi racist joke in the house since she is the ultimate stereotype of a wealthy white SJW. She played the emotion card well, and has been from the start. In fact, her two children’s college trust funds are overflowing with money and she milked her way into getting their house out of foreclosure (even though it was their fault for buying such an expensive house to begin with), so this isn’t a surprise. I’d like to request that this stays off of Facebook for now, even though I am not connected with anyone remotely related to the tragedy on there.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1377 on: September 29, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »

I just got push polled!

First I was asked some mundane questions about myself, my interest level in the upcoming elections, and my approval rating (1-100 scale) on the following people:  Cliven Bundy, Rush Limbaugh, the Tea Party, Lucy Flores, Sharron Angle, Barack Obama, Brian Sandoval, Robert Goodman, Harry Reid and Mark Hutchison.

Then she read out a cheesy positive statement about Lucy Flores, and asked if I found that a 'convincing' influence on my decision to vote.  That was followed by a blistering attack statement on 'Tea Partier' Mark Hutchison, with the same question asked afterwards.

Then there was a series of about ten statements, all pro-Democrat and anti-Republican, each time asking me if they were 'convincing' or not.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1378 on: September 29, 2014, 10:41:37 PM »

I thought pretty much all college campuses were smoke-free at this point.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1379 on: September 29, 2014, 11:10:04 PM »

I thought pretty much all college campuses were smoke-free at this point.
The no smoking signs at every college I've visited has been next to tree pots overflowing with cigarette butts. It's almost a cliche.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1380 on: September 30, 2014, 06:25:38 AM »

Decided this morning to quit cigarettes to get ready for a 5K on October 25th. We'll see if this holds up.

Good for you. I'm in the process of quitting for good too. Good luck.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1381 on: September 30, 2014, 05:42:48 PM »

The Trial of the d-bag who killed Sanchez's step-uncle saga: day 2.

So, today the accomplice of the man charged with killing my mother’s step-brother sold him down the river, as was expected. First, they showed evidence of the burglary that occurred before the killing. Again, no fingerprints have linked the suspects, but a footprint on the window (?!) fit the shoes of the suspect. As his alibi was deconstructed yesterday, we know that he was definitely in the house at some point. There is apparently no way to prove how long they have been there. The prosecution claims that the lack of finger prints is due to the presence of gloves, but wouldn’t gloves leave a residue? My hunch until today was that the victim (we’ll call him Bill for simplicities sake) let them in the house voluntarily to purchase drugs. After all, he did have trace amounts of it in his body. Today’s events disproved that entirely. Most relatives left the room when they began showing crime scene photos.

Later, the flag that Bill used to attack the burglars with was presented. It was splattered with blood and was found within the house. The ballistics theories are bizarre; I can’t tell what happened, but it appears that the prosecution now doubts that the killer fired from inside the bathroom as the door was slightly ajar and they were believed to have fled through the bathroom window, not the house itself. Apparently due to gunshot residue on the back of his arm, Bill had his arm raised and that some of the powder flew out of the bullet on impact. This seems to indicate that he was holding the door of the bathroom in, IMO. BTW, reading the minute by minute tealeaves from the local newspaper has been entertaining. I’m enjoying this mock jury thing I’m doing here, as sad as it all was.

Various neighbors give the same circumstantial stories; two black men in hoodies on a hot day prowling the neighborhood. Points towards the defendant, but it could be anyone. Around 2:30, the defendant’s alleged accomplice agreed to testify against him. He said they were fixing to rob some homes in the area, stole some bicycles from three streets down, and rode around looking for a unidentified house that they knew had a safe in. They saw Bill leaving his house, and entered shortly after they were sure he was gone for the evening. While the accomplice went out back, he heard noise and entered the house through the back window again to find the defendant barricading the door to the bathroom. Apparently Bill had returned home and found him. They fled on bikes with a bag of jewelry and a phone and took a motorcycle that had stashed under the nearby bridge all the way down to Fort Lauderdale (that’s a long drive on a motorcycle just to pawn some jewelry). The accomplice testified that in the days following the attack they searched the area but couldn’t recover the gun.

Looking forward to seeing how tomorrow progresses. As I said before, I don’t really have any emotional involvement but none the less the trial fascinates me and I look forward to seeing how it progresses. It’s a really interesting process.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1382 on: September 30, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »

So I was standing in a rather large line at my local Wal-Mart today behind a couple families that I know from when I went to church with my family in year younger. It was the only register open so there wasn't much of another option to get my 12 pack of Mountain Dew for a party I was heading to. I was wondering why the line was going nowhere when I decided to poke my head up front to see what the holdup was. It was a little old lady who didn't have enough for her groceries and she was trying to talk the cashier into letting her get away with being short. This struck me as odd until I found out she was a mere $0.21 short of her purchase. Now all these families were just staring and there was even two making fun of her. I walked up and handed my soda to the cashier, handed him a $5 and told her to keep the change. One of the middle aged women (I knew these people, so I also knew that they all make over 6 digits) grabbed her kid and yelled very loudly, "See that man? He's acting just like Jesus wants us to." For some reason this set me off, so I turned around. I haven't shaved in awhile so I'm rocking some nice scruff, a Slayer shirt, and gym shorts, so it must have been a nice sight. Very loudly, I said "Like Jesus? Ma'am I'm an atheist who makes minimum wage and I was the one who stepped up to help her? Your hypocritical Christianity is an inspiration to us all." As I stormed out, a couple of the cart boys started to whistle and cheer, soon shoppers joined in and even the cashier. I gave a wave and went off with a feeling of accomplishment.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1383 on: September 30, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »

So I was standing in a rather large line at my local Wal-Mart today behind a couple families that I know from when I went to church with my family in year younger. It was the only register open so there wasn't much of another option to get my 12 pack of Mountain Dew for a party I was heading to. I was wondering why the line was going nowhere when I decided to poke my head up front to see what the holdup was. It was a little old lady who didn't have enough for her groceries and she was trying to talk the cashier into letting her get away with being short. This struck me as odd until I found out she was a mere $0.21 short of her purchase. Now all these families were just staring and there was even two making fun of her. I walked up and handed my soda to the cashier, handed him a $5 and told her to keep the change. One of the middle aged women (I knew these people, so I also knew that they all make over 6 digits) grabbed her kid and yelled very loudly, "See that man? He's acting just like Jesus wants us to." For some reason this set me off, so I turned around. I haven't shaved in awhile so I'm rocking some nice scruff, a Slayer shirt, and gym shorts, so it must have been a nice sight. Very loudly, I said "Like Jesus? Ma'am I'm an atheist who makes minimum wage and I was the one who stepped up to help her? Your hypocritical Christianity is an inspiration to us all." As I stormed out, a couple of the cart boys started to whistle and cheer, soon shoppers joined in and even the cashier. I gave a wave and went off with a feeling of accomplishment.

Well done, FF. 
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1384 on: October 01, 2014, 12:42:04 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2014, 01:25:20 AM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx for Governor »

Still a wreck. For some strange reason during the day I'm completely fine but at night I basically fall into a 20RP12-esque depression so that sucks
Ntwadumela
Rookie
« Reply #1385 on: October 01, 2014, 12:58:39 AM »

Well, I've made a couple of acquisitions on the hobby front, nothing too radical Wink

(sorry for the wrinkled sheet for a backdrop, had to hide some 'illegal' activities from prying eyes)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1386 on: October 01, 2014, 01:06:13 AM »

Nice telescope, jmfcst.
Ntwadumela
Rookie
« Reply #1387 on: October 01, 2014, 01:12:03 AM »

Hi Joe, have a heart and don't delete that pic.  I waited 13.5 years on a waiting list for the opportunity to buy the 175EDF Starfire (the white one).  Only 55 were made and I have serial number 48.  I paid $21K for it in June 2013, and a couple of months ago someone offered me $40k for it.  I turned them down.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1388 on: October 01, 2014, 01:22:33 AM »

allthefucksigive.jpg

Tell me, how many sock accounts have you created to come back after your ban?  Two dozen already?  I stopped counting a while ago, so maybe you can help me out.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1389 on: October 01, 2014, 06:39:51 AM »

Looks like I may have damaged a very crucial organ. Ugh, this is just terrible.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1390 on: October 01, 2014, 08:41:45 AM »

You got your heart broken too? Sad
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1391 on: October 01, 2014, 08:43:37 AM »

Cirrhosis of the liver or something else?
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1392 on: October 01, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »

You got your heart broken too? Sad

Join the club. Here's your complimentary Take Care CD and tub of ice cream.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1393 on: October 01, 2014, 12:43:28 PM »

Is it just me, or is this kind of like the atheist version of those Christian FB memes?

Still a wreck. For some strange reason during the day I'm completely fine but at night I basically fall into a 20RP12-esque depression so that sucks

I'm sorry man. Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1394 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:32 PM »

You spent 21K on telescope JMFCST?!

What you did was FF move, and I say that as a Christian-was the woman who said the Jesus thing the same as the people cracking jokes about the poor old woman who was short $0.21? Good for you, even if I don't quite embrace all of what you said in the end.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1395 on: October 01, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »

Well done, FF. 

What you did was FF move, and I say that as a Christian-was the woman who said the Jesus thing the same as the people cracking jokes about the poor old woman who was short $0.21? Good for you, even if I don't quite embrace all of what you said in the end.

oh my god
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1396 on: October 01, 2014, 02:30:26 PM »

Well done, FF. 

oh my god
FTR, I was talking about his helping the woman out, not the outburst....hence the "I don't quite embrace what you said part."
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1397 on: October 01, 2014, 02:31:23 PM »

Well done, FF. 

oh my god
FTR, I was talking about his helping the woman out, not the outburst....hence the "I don't quite embrace what you said part."

(for the record i did not actually do that. it's a well-known reddit copypasta)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1398 on: October 01, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »

Well done, FF. 

oh my god

(for the record i did not actually do that. it's a well-known reddit copypasta)
I didn't know that, because Reddit is a hillariously horrible website that I never, ever waste my time visiting.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1399 on: October 01, 2014, 02:40:04 PM »

Snowstalker is one of those people not allowed to make jokes.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies