Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:50:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128895 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: September 14, 2014, 09:48:18 PM »

chapstick works wonders
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1301 on: September 14, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »

Even though halloween is still a couple weeks away, I already know what I'm going as.  I going as Gandalf the Rainbow.  It is also when I'm coming out to a few more people.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1302 on: September 14, 2014, 10:47:03 PM »

Even though halloween is still a couple weeks away, I already know what I'm going as.  I going as Gandalf the Rainbow.  It is also when I'm coming out to a few more people.

It was Saruman who was the wizard of rainbows.
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1303 on: September 15, 2014, 10:25:15 AM »

I'm so glad I don't have any women drama these days. I don't envy any of you. I just need to make sure each girl doesn't find out about the other! But no harm when nothing is official.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1304 on: September 15, 2014, 04:17:42 PM »

I'm leaving for Chicago on Thursday, coming back Sunday (won't be posting during that time).  Looking forward to it. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1305 on: September 15, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »

Oh, I know that, but most people don't.  That's why I'm going as a gay Gandalf who is also rainbow.  Much easier to explain.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1306 on: September 15, 2014, 10:41:35 PM »

Oh, I know that, but most people don't.  That's why I'm going as a gay Gandalf who is also rainbow.  Much easier to explain.

That's a horrible costume.

No.  The costume is fine, but the backstory is horrible.  For any non-Tolkien fanatics he meets, calling himself a gay rainbow Gandalf isn't going to make his costume seem any different than if he just called himself a gay rainbow wizard.  But he'll have to put up with insufferable Tolkien fans such as myself who will point out that Saruman was the Wizard of Many Colors and not Gandalf.  Unless the whole point of the exercise is to find out who among his friends are fellow Tolkien geeks, I just don't see the point.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1307 on: September 15, 2014, 11:21:41 PM »

No.  The costume is fine, but the backstory is horrible.  For any non-Tolkien fanatics he meets, calling himself a gay rainbow Gandalf isn't going to make his costume seem any different than if he just called himself a gay rainbow wizard.  But he'll have to put up with insufferable Tolkien fans such as myself who will point out that Saruman was the Wizard of Many Colors and not Gandalf.  Unless the whole point of the exercise is to find out who among his friends are fellow Tolkien geeks, I just don't see the point.
The point is to come out to people.  So I'm using rainbows and someone everyone recognizes.  Is it the best idea, no, but it works.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1308 on: September 15, 2014, 11:50:49 PM »

The point is to come out to people.  So I'm using rainbows and someone everyone recognizes.  Is it the best idea, no, but it works.

But only Tolkien nerds would recognize Gandalf, and as I said, for them a rainbow outfit will scream Saruman more than it will gay.  Please, keep the costume but lose any mention of Gandalf when you tell people who you are when you're in it.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1309 on: September 16, 2014, 12:08:24 AM »

I mean, I have very little authority on coming out, but when I make the full leap, I don't think I'll want to do it in a costume where people might get confused. "Are you actually gay, or are you just dressing up as a gay character?"

Best of luck however you do it, but... I want to be 100% me when I let people know. I understand what you're going for, but I feel like, for me, it might complicate things.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1310 on: September 16, 2014, 12:50:58 AM »

I think the Gandalf reference will say gay anyway... gay gandalf... meh?

But coming out via costume? Really?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1311 on: September 16, 2014, 12:51:36 AM »

Cheesy

... Does anyone know how to remove hickeys?

Don't try... attempts to cover up hickeys just make it far more obvious you have them...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1312 on: September 16, 2014, 12:36:11 PM »

Just go as gandolf the gay!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1313 on: September 17, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »

Is Gandalf gay???
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1314 on: September 17, 2014, 06:39:44 PM »

The actor in the movies is.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1315 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »

If a girl tells you she fantasizes about you constantly, and you aren't sure you want to date her, what should you do?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1316 on: September 17, 2014, 10:18:56 PM »

her.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1317 on: September 17, 2014, 10:25:22 PM »

Yes, I've done her many times, I am a greek after all, it's what we do, but I'm not sure I want anything serious, and I worry if I keep doing her, she'll want that, and I'm just a mess right now, I drink too much, my sleep schedule is sporadic, I'm a lowly law clerk and I don't know if I passed the bar yet. I just don't know if I'm in the position to start something with a new girl, and she's the needy type.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1318 on: September 17, 2014, 10:43:51 PM »

I hate allergy season.  (For me this time of year is allergy season.) Despite taking a bunch of stuff, I still had fun with a runny nose today (moderately better than a clogged nose).  Plus I couldn't fully enjoy the trivia contest at the bar tonight.  Our table won three rounds of shots, but I didn't want any alcohol to go with the medicine (I was already feeling somewhat loopy even before going in the bar) so I let other people at my table have the shots I won.  We normally do well enough that my usual order is only a diet coke and some waffle fries, plus something alcoholic to drink if we don't do well in the early rounds.  Since I have a fair distance to drive afterward, I don't want too much alcohol in my system.  Even with no alcohol tonight, I was not in the best of shape driving wise tonight.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1319 on: September 18, 2014, 12:05:25 AM »

If a girl tells you she fantasizes about you constantly, and you aren't sure you want to date her, what should you do?

Duke, you always seem to have this problem, but I am skeptical we are the people you should be asking...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1320 on: September 18, 2014, 12:52:58 AM »

Duke, you always seem to have this problem, but I am skeptical we are the people you should be asking...

Maybe not. I just don't know where to go from here.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1321 on: September 18, 2014, 01:08:49 AM »

Maybe not. I just don't know where to go from here.

I'd say give it a shot, but I don't know your life.

If a woman were to tell me such a thing I'd be incredulous and, provided she wasn't intolerable, highly inclined to let whatever qualms I had about her be set aside until if and when they became problematic, if ever.

Perhaps you're at the point dating people you're unsure about is "wasting [precious] time", perhaps you're (far) less susceptible to female attention than I, perhaps your reasons for not being sure are perfectly sound, but I don't know your situation so I can't say. But I do know you have a track record of attracting, erm, crazy girls, so I can sort of understand your caution.
pendragon
Rookie

« Reply #1322 on: September 18, 2014, 01:45:18 AM »

Obviously, you should tell her gently that you aren't interested. Be nice about it; tell her that you hope it won't affect your friendship etc. and bring her an iced coffee or something. Then, most likely, she'll still be open to the idea if you did want to upgrade your relationship in the future.

Although, I suspect this is more whatever you call the asking-for-advice equivalent of a humblebrag. It's probably those whom you've succeeded in impressing with it who are in more need of advice.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1323 on: September 18, 2014, 04:30:10 AM »

I have the flu today. Life sucks.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1324 on: September 18, 2014, 05:43:12 PM »

Allergies in my case, but they still suck.  On the bright side, the allergy/cold medicine I'm taking for the symptoms gave me a very vivid dream that could be the opening sequence of a police procedural TV show.  One set about ten to twenty years ago, when "push to talk" was a cool feature some cell phones tried to sell people about.  Frantic family (dad, son, daughter) worried about their missing mom, she's not answering her phone.  Son tells dad to try the push to talk function in the manner of a clumsy product placement.  He tries and hears the chime coming from the other side of the apartment front door.  He goes to open it, but sees there a cop, one with her phone in his pocket, there to tell him the bad news.  Some other details before and after that scene, which aren't all that logical (after all, it is a dream).
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies