Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:25:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128933 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: August 25, 2014, 01:19:27 AM »

Leaving for Massachusetts in less than 24 hours

Where are you going to college?

Brandeis University. Just moved in.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1201 on: August 25, 2014, 06:08:16 AM »

Congratulations!

Are you going to remain D-CA or become D-MA?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1202 on: August 25, 2014, 08:57:57 AM »

I do so enjoy it when a black Republican accuses people of being racist.

Huh

Hack.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1203 on: August 25, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »

Huh

Hack.

I'm a hack for pointing out that you're offended by what Scott said but don't seem bothered by what your own party's members and officials say and do constantly regarding stereotypes of black people?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1204 on: August 25, 2014, 01:34:14 PM »

Huh

Hack.

I'm a hack for pointing out that you're offended by what Scott said but don't seem bothered by what your own party's members and officials say and do constantly regarding stereotypes of black people?

Who says I'm not bothered? I'll comment on it when it is pertinent, I won't go into a tiffle about every gaffe or eruption that I come across.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #1205 on: August 25, 2014, 03:27:32 PM »

Congratulations!

Are you going to remain D-CA or become D-MA?

That reminds me.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1206 on: August 25, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2014, 06:37:02 PM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx »

Had my first day of classes. Still in PA but staying D-NH because I like the little niche I've carved out here.

So far everything is going right for me.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1207 on: August 25, 2014, 09:16:32 PM »

I'm voting for the first time ever tomorrow. Do I get like a medal from you guys or something?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1208 on: August 26, 2014, 03:59:06 AM »

I'm voting for the first time ever tomorrow. Do I get like a medal from you guys or something?

Sure, if you vote Democrat. Wink
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1209 on: August 26, 2014, 05:33:23 AM »

Leaving for Niagara Falls this morning, driving through the empire of Dark Lord Cuomo.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1210 on: August 26, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »

In November I'll vote for the Democratic State Senator from my area, Maria Sachs Tongue.

Anywho, it was very underwhelming. I walked in, the guy took five hours to find my ballot and than spent another five hours staring at my ID while the old lady from three houses down from me stood in line next to me to vote in the Democratic primary. I connected the arrows on the paper ballot, handed it to the lady, got a fancy little sticker, watched her put it into the machine, and went on my merry way.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1211 on: August 26, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »

Currently in Dublin.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1212 on: August 26, 2014, 05:04:46 PM »

For the Penn State game, right?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1213 on: August 26, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »

In November I'll vote for the Democratic State Senator from my area, Maria Sachs Tongue.

Anywho, it was very underwhelming. I walked in, the guy took five hours to find my ballot and than spent another five hours staring at my ID while the old lady from three houses down from me stood in line next to me to vote in the Democratic primary. I connected the arrows on the paper ballot, handed it to the lady, got a fancy little sticker, watched her put it into the machine, and went on my merry way.

You live in Florida, so I honestly don't know if you're using hyperbole or not. You guys really do suck at administering elections. If it were up to me we'd send in the UN to do it for you like we do to developing countries that have only had like a tenth of the time to assemble democratic institutions.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1214 on: August 26, 2014, 06:46:29 PM »

I'm not sure how much I've mentioned this, but my favorite modern band is Coheed And Cambria, who are about to embark on a tour in their Neverender series, in which they pick an album of theirs and play it in it's entirety (they do concept albums, so it makes sense).  Well, thanks to Stubhub and my old friend Bob (who has a car), I've procured myself a ticket to their performance on Sat. Sept. 6 in Los Angeles a the Wiltern Theater!  I've been so miserable out here, and finally I have something that I love to look forward to. 

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1215 on: August 26, 2014, 08:51:59 PM »

I just started my first day back at college today, my sophomore year. It was just your average, laid back day of teachers handing out the syllabuses. I'm taking Probability & Statistics I as a math based course, so presumably should I do well in this course, this might better help me understand the thinking of Nate Silver and all that stuff. The teacher is a pretty likeable and funny guy, and he's an odd contrast to my math professor two semesters ago. The current one loves using calculators, the past one hated them. I'm also taking Physical Geography just to completely bullcrap my way through the needed science credits. I'm terrible at science, but it looks like it will be just notes and group projects. The teacher for this class is a major klutz.

And then my other two classes technically don't start for two more weeks, which will be State & Local Gov. and Film Appreciation. I'm taking Film b/c I'm going to be transferring with an Associate of Arts and need a few classes from that general area. As for state and local gov., there's a Parma City Councilman who's going to teach this and with this being campaign season in Ohio, he'll likely have a paper or a project based off of it. I heard from a friend who had this guy before that he requires you to go to a City Council meeting and write a paper about it as one of things as well.

I haven't said this publicly yet, but the close friend I mentioned here in May has since moved away to Dayton to study at the university and work at the job corps center. I miss him, but I've already made 3 new friends at school and likely to have more once the LAMBDA group starts back up next week. I'll be volunteering at the club fair, so hopefully we can get more guys in the group this year! We need them. Sad
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1216 on: August 27, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »

I just started my first day back at college today, my sophomore year. It was just your average, laid back day of teachers handing out the syllabuses. I'm taking Probability & Statistics I as a math based course, so presumably should I do well in this course, this might better help me understand the thinking of Nate Silver and all that stuff. The teacher is a pretty likeable and funny guy, and he's an odd contrast to my math professor two semesters ago. The current one loves using calculators, the past one hated them. I'm also taking Physical Geography just to completely bullcrap my way through the needed science credits. I'm terrible at science, but it looks like it will be just notes and group projects. The teacher for this class is a major klutz.

And then my other two classes technically don't start for two more weeks, which will be State & Local Gov. and Film Appreciation. I'm taking Film b/c I'm going to be transferring with an Associate of Arts and need a few classes from that general area. As for state and local gov., there's a Parma City Councilman who's going to teach this and with this being campaign season in Ohio, he'll likely have a paper or a project based off of it. I heard from a friend who had this guy before that he requires you to go to a City Council meeting and write a paper about it as one of things as well.

I haven't said this publicly yet, but the close friend I mentioned here in May has since moved away to Dayton to study at the university and work at the job corps center. I miss him, but I've already made 3 new friends at school and likely to have more once the LAMBDA group starts back up next week. I'll be volunteering at the club fair, so hopefully we can get more guys in the group this year! We need them. Sad

We used to just get drunk on the syllabus days, which was always the first Monday and Tuesday of the semester.  I'll tell you, a 4-day weekend group bender is a hell of a way to kick off a semester... for better (Fall 2008) or for worse (Fall 2009).
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1217 on: August 27, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »

You do realize who you're talking to, right?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1218 on: August 27, 2014, 09:47:21 PM »

Grad school orientation is in like nine hours for me.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #1219 on: August 27, 2014, 09:53:20 PM »

So every Monday I have been attending this bike ride event in Detroit called the Slow Roll. We ride for 10 miles around the city. It has got huge there were over 4000 people there on Monday. It is a slow ride basically a cruise. When I started going last year in July there were about 3-400 people attending and it got up to about 1500 by season end. It has to be one of the biggest weekly bike rides out there and it's awesome it happens in Detroit. This coming Monday is Labor Day so I think it will reach 5k which will be crazy I will have to leave early to find a parking spot.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1220 on: August 27, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »

Are you someone who does not like stories? 
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1221 on: August 27, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »

We used to just get drunk on the syllabus days, which was always the first Monday and Tuesday of the semester.  I'll tell you, a 4-day weekend group bender is a hell of a way to kick off a semester... for better (Fall 2008) or for worse (Fall 2009).
.......That's definitely not the way I party lol.

The way LAMBDA is partying this semester is a beginning of the year, alcoholic-free party on Sept. 7th that I'm going to which will be fun. I have a wild side to me, but drinking/smoking isn't one of them for a variety of reasons. Sorry. Tongue
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1222 on: August 27, 2014, 10:09:34 PM »

No, I do.

I've tried talking to Fitzy about alcohol. Didn't work.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1223 on: August 27, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »

No, I do.

I've tried talking to Fitzy about alcohol. Didn't work.

Oh.  My bad.  I was just reminiscing about my college days. 
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #1224 on: August 27, 2014, 10:33:28 PM »

I think I'm going to try and make a new friend or two. It's been a long time since i last made a friend I could use a new friend or two.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies