Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:03:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128854 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: August 14, 2014, 02:06:49 AM »

You guys really oughta be more concerned about my cat.

Tongue

Really, knowing this forum, you really expected people to focus on something else than your sexuality?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1076 on: August 14, 2014, 02:07:21 AM »

Tongue
Don't worry, we are, and we are praying for it.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1077 on: August 14, 2014, 02:13:06 AM »

Tongue

Really, knowing this forum, you really expected people to focus on something else than your sexuality?

Nah, I'm just being cheeky. Tongue Honestly, I appreciate everyone's support. It's an interesting time.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1078 on: August 14, 2014, 04:16:00 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2014, 04:22:46 AM by Senator Cassius »

Well, to temporarily disrupt the currently serious and sombre nature of this thread, I have now met the conditions of my university offer (by getting three A's in my A-Levels), meaning that my place at uni is officially confirmed. I'm firmly of the opinion that this is down to divine providence. The Lord is good Cheesy
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1079 on: August 14, 2014, 04:19:17 AM »

Congrats. And it's not somber, don't worry. It's a good thing! Smiley
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1080 on: August 14, 2014, 04:26:14 AM »

Congrats. And it's not somber, don't worry. It's a good thing! Smiley

I was referring to your poor cat.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1081 on: August 14, 2014, 04:37:43 AM »

Oh, I forgot about that. Tongue

I'm awful.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1082 on: August 14, 2014, 05:24:51 AM »

Congrats Cassius! Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1083 on: August 14, 2014, 11:26:42 AM »

I'm alone in New York with an increasingly large amount of money from my summer job. The only thing I can think of doing is eating it. My family is abroad. Everyone I know has returned home. Surely I'm useless for falling into such a predicament.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1084 on: August 14, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »

Sorry to hear about what your cat has gone through, Hagrid.  Mine seems to be doing better now, and I hope that yours feels better too. 

Also, congrats Cassius!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1085 on: August 14, 2014, 11:56:28 AM »

I'm alone in New York with an increasingly large amount of money from my summer job. The only thing I can think of doing is eating it. My family is abroad. Everyone I know has returned home. Surely I'm useless for falling into such a predicament.

Well, it is still Restaurant Week for two days.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1086 on: August 14, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »

Well, it is still Restaurant Week for two days.

And I've been doing that... even outside of Restaurant Week. Why, just last week I went to "Public", a Michelin-starred restaurant, although I didn't know that until after I had finished... a friend chose. But now that friend is back in Mexico, and the other friend I went with in Las Vegas, so... I can't do this eating alone thing.

Of course if I actually had real expenses I'd be very poor, but I don't pay rent or anything like that so I'm not.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1087 on: August 14, 2014, 12:09:18 PM »

Nah, I love eating alone. Bring a good book (preferably on a phone or a tablet or something, because it's easier to read and eat that way) and it's a good time.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1088 on: August 14, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »

Nah, I love eating alone. Bring a good book (preferably on a phone or a tablet or something, because it's easier to read and eat that way) and it's a good time.

You do that? It seems so... wrong.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1089 on: August 14, 2014, 02:24:20 PM »

You do that? It seems so... wrong.
Depends on where you go. I don't feel bad in a place with lots of TV screens (McDonalds, etc), but I like to go eat with friends at "normal" places like HiWay Burger near my friends house.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1090 on: August 14, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »

My Lyme disease is pretty much cleared up now and I'm steadily regaining full internet access.  (I'm writing this from a hotel in NC.)

Oh, and if anyone happens to be in Archdale and wants to meet for coffee or something, f**king hit me up for it so I can get out of this boring hellhole. Tongue

Sad Hopefully things turn around for your cat. Mine was in the vet for a couple nights and just got back today. She wasn't eating and had gotten pretty lethargic. Turns out she has pancreatitis. It's scary when your cat is 12 years old and you start having to confront the fact that she won't be around forever. I feel for ya.

Prayers for your cat.  I don't know much about pancreatitis, but I'll certainly hope for the best. Sad

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Did you just discover this, or are you coming out now?

(I'm mostly curious because you were against SSM not too long ago... Tongue)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1091 on: August 14, 2014, 03:56:24 PM »

I did not just discover it. I was just previously an idiot... and I know I owe an apology to a lot of people for that.

Having feelings for men and women has been trickier to navigate than it might seem, and I think I used it as an excuse to be dishonest about who I was and reach some warped conclusions about marriage. There was something appealing about being a contrarian in liberal Toronto; maybe I liked the attention. In the end, it was awful for me and my development and, frankly, turned me into a part of the problem. I wish I could go back and change it. For a long time I thought I could get away with never really confronting this side of myself, but the fact is I've been unhappy lately, and I think it's time for me to just be who I am. Unfortunately I'm finding the process a little more difficult in real life, but it'll happen eventually. Small steps.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1092 on: August 14, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »

My Lyme disease is pretty much cleared up now and I'm steadily regaining full internet access.  (I'm writing this from a hotel in NC.)
I read on FB that you were not only hacked but also wiretapped!! How did that come about, if you don't mind me asking?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1093 on: August 14, 2014, 04:36:01 PM »

I read on FB that you were not only hacked but also wiretapped!! How did that come about, if you don't mind me asking?

Well, my mom called Virgin Mobile when we were at a hotel in VA a few days ago.  According to the operator, this hack was unlike "anything he'd seen before," and that it was so severe it's more accurately classified as a wiretap.  (No, the NSA isn't on our tail, fortunately, but the bastard pulling this s**t on us isn't just some kid learning hacking tricks in his parents' basement.)

Oh yeah, and we got our identities stolen, too.  My mom needs to get new banking information and we both need to get new Social Security numbers.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1094 on: August 14, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »

Well, my mom called Virgin Mobile when we were at a hotel in VA a few days ago.  According to the operator, this hack was unlike "anything he'd seen before," and that it was so severe it's more accurately classified as a wiretap.  (No, the NSA isn't on our tail, fortunately, but the bastard pulling this s**t on us isn't just some kid learning hacking tricks in his parents' basement.)

Oh yeah, and we got our identities stolen, too.  My mom needs to get new banking information and we both need to get new Social Security numbers.

Scott, I am so sorry. Maybe this isn't the right thing to say, but gosh... I can't think of anyone who has had worse luck. We're all on your side, and hopefully everything you're dealing with will eventually resolve itself. If you need anything or wanna talk, let me know.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1095 on: August 14, 2014, 04:56:47 PM »

Scott, I am so sorry. Maybe this isn't the right thing to say, but gosh... I can't think of anyone who has had worse luck. We're all on your side, and hopefully everything you're dealing with will eventually resolve itself. If you need anything or wanna talk, let me know.

Thanks, Hagrid.  My mom and I certainly wouldn't disagree with you on that.  Everything's going to turn out okay eventually, but things certainly aren't pretty right now.  The only reason I'm able to even explain this stuff now is because I'm on a computer that didn't come in contact with our cell phones or laptops.  Apparently, viruses can be transmitted through WiFi and Bluetooth.  Who knew!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1096 on: August 15, 2014, 08:48:44 AM »

Sad Hopefully things turn around for your cat. Mine was in the vet for a couple nights and just got back today. She wasn't eating and had gotten pretty lethargic. Turns out she has pancreatitis. It's scary when your cat is 12 years old and you start having to confront the fact that she won't be around forever. I feel for ya.

Also, I'm bi.

You took this trope quite literally, it seems. Wink
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1097 on: August 15, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »

Hard to believe this is my last week in NH. Thursday I'll be heading back to PA for college.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1098 on: August 15, 2014, 01:46:56 PM »

Hard to believe this is my last week in NH. Thursday I'll be heading back to PA for college.

You've probably said it on here, but what college do you go to?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1099 on: August 15, 2014, 06:03:17 PM »

I hate my job. Today I got a taste of how truly vicious and backstabbing lawyers can be, even to the point of hurting their own clients' interests for the sake of being vindictive and petty. I will not elaborate here for sake of client privilege, but I am going to be seeking new employment, hopefully in a different city.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies