Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:02:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128886 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: June 16, 2014, 06:41:31 AM »

After managing to fix my sleep schedule this weekend, I found myself unable to sleep again tonight.

Maybe I hate my job.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #876 on: June 16, 2014, 10:21:55 AM »

I'm spending my Father's Day weekend golfing drinking and grilling. Ahhhhhhhh.

sounds like the best time!

It was beyond amazing, believe me. 
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #877 on: June 16, 2014, 01:06:02 PM »

I'm going to Governor's School tomorrow, so look forward to me posting less! Smiley

Congrats on not posting as much Wink!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #878 on: June 16, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »

The chick I went to formal with (and who took me to her formal) is now in an relationship. Looks like it's Jim Beam on the menu tonight. And work tomorrow. Urgh. Why couldn't she get wifed up on a weeknight?
Been there done that...but it was with Jack and RC Cola and instead of work it was at the 20th Annual YeeHaw Junction Bluegrass Festival. Also, the girl in question was going with my friend, and then she went to prom with another one of my friends Tongue.

May I suggest you listen to this for an evening of entertainment?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXYyeUz5Fw8

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #879 on: June 16, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »

The chick I went to formal with (and who took me to her formal) is now in an relationship. Looks like it's Jim Beam on the menu tonight. And work tomorrow. Urgh. Why couldn't she get wifed up on a weeknight?
Been there done that...but it was with Jack and RC Cola and instead of work it was at the 20th Annual YeeHaw Junction Bluegrass Festival. Also, the girl in question was going with my friend, and then she went to prom with another one of my friends Tongue.

I thank you for your encouragement. Luckily, I don't work with her (how could she do demo anyway?), but that does mean I have to wake up and be in a state of good hydration all day tomorrow. I may need to make a smokes run soon. Wanna come with? Watching my housemate play football video games will only go so far.

Are you saying women can't do demolition work? And you shouldn't smoke. It's a very unhealthy, white trash thing to do.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #880 on: June 17, 2014, 12:36:05 AM »

I'm going to Governor's School tomorrow, so look forward to me posting less! Smiley
I know I'll be looking forward to that.  Wink
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #881 on: June 17, 2014, 03:22:39 AM »

Starting a paid internship at my Uni in a few hours! It's very exciting, although most of my flat have left so it's quite lonely at the moment.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #882 on: June 17, 2014, 12:53:38 PM »

I thank you for your encouragement. Luckily, I don't work with her (how could she do demo anyway?), but that does mean I have to wake up and be in a state of good hydration all day tomorrow. I may need to make a smokes run soon. Wanna come with? Watching my housemate play football video games will only go so far.
Hell yeah, I'll get in my car and get up there in about three days!

TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #883 on: June 17, 2014, 08:19:43 PM »

I was trying to be glib but let me more blunt. I was thinking she might be some sort of homemaker in waiting. And that was extremely strange to me. It reminded it me of the discussion I had with a friend who was at Tufts few years ago about how people apparently still used "gay" as an insult. At this point, it's an alien outlook on life. And I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Yes. I am jumping to conclusions. And yes, I'm being an liberal elitist despite not being a liberal. I ought to think well of homemakers. Yet the idea of young women in this day and age wanting to be one does not sit well with me.
Welcome to the ivory tower, friend. Yours is more elitist while mine is more politically correct but both towers condition you to view mainstream society from an outsider's perspective. I, for one, look forward to living in *insert yuppie neighborhood here* as I lament the declining readership of "the classics" with my post-grad wife.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #884 on: June 17, 2014, 10:21:02 PM »

Since when does watching the food network mean you want to be a homemaker? That's a bizarre conclusion.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #885 on: June 18, 2014, 05:55:37 PM »

The longest political phone call this year: 12 minutes and 26 seconds. Very nice woman, very angry at Jeb Bush, especially for HMO's, will not vote for Charlie, didn't realize there was going to be a primary, only thought Charlie was running.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #886 on: June 18, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »

The longest political phone call this year: 12 minutes and 26 seconds. Very nice woman, very angry at Jeb Bush, especially for HMO's, will not vote for Charlie, didn't realize there was going to be a primary, only thought Charlie was running.
Ugh, those are the worst. I got threatened with arrest because I redialed a woman once Tongue. Phone banking was the worst part of my campaign experience.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #887 on: June 19, 2014, 05:25:34 AM »

Have completed my last exam, thus muh freederms are finally restored!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #888 on: June 19, 2014, 04:59:16 PM »
« Edited: June 20, 2014, 12:27:02 PM by Badger »

Case race tomorrow evening. My great-grand big is supposedly recruiting alums to swing by, and I've got at least two members of the crew living in the House as well as some of the other actives and recent graduates that have indicated they'll be here. When I get back from work, however, I'm too lazy to try to organize this crap, so I'm kinda winging it. Oh well. If we even have three teams of three (not going the typical 2/24 route, but instead 3/30), I'll be happy.

what the f**k does any of this mean
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #889 on: June 20, 2014, 12:23:24 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2014, 02:44:14 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Case race tomorrow evening. My great-grand big is supposedly recruiting alums to swing by, and I've got at least two members of the crew living in the House as well as some of the other actives and recent graduates that have indicated they'll be here. When I get back from work, however, I'm too lazy to try to organize this crap, so I'm kinda winging it. Oh well. If we even have three teams of three (not going the typical 2/24 route, but instead 3/30), I'll be happy.

what the ***k does any of this mean

"A competition will be held tomorrow evening wherein teams of men will compete to see which team can drink an entire case of beer the fastest. My mentor's mentor's mentor in the fraternity is finding fraternity brothers who graduated with him to come, plus at least two people who are currently living in the fraternity house itself (plus other current and recently graduated fraternity brothers) will be attending. I'm too lazy to organize the event myself though. Even if only nine people show up I will consider it a success. If necessary we can have three teams of three men drinking from those cases of beer that come with thirty beers, as opposed to the traditional setup of teams of two drinking from cases of beer that come with twenty four beers."
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #890 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:26 AM »

had to pull off the highway in Hampton after the HR Bridge Tunnel b/c I was low on gas.  Due to a storm the power was out and so I had to search for a working gas station.  It seems common sense to me that when the power is out, stop light intersections should be treated as 4-way stops, but I find that many other drivers disagree.

have to go in for an endoscopy tomorrow morning. blech.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #891 on: June 20, 2014, 02:11:42 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2014, 02:44:36 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

what the ******* does any of this mean

Learn how to speak Academian (Bro Dialect). 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #892 on: June 20, 2014, 09:07:15 PM »

I've lost like 10 pounds, but I don't feel any different. That is, I still feel rather... lumpy. I wonder how much I need to lose to start seeing a difference. I mean, there can't be that many pounds stuck in my gut?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #893 on: June 21, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »

I've lost like 10 pounds, but I don't feel any different. That is, I still feel rather... lumpy. I wonder how much I need to lose to start seeing a difference. I mean, there can't be that many pounds stuck in my gut?

I was hoping for commentary. Anyway, I'm here in the city but I find that many of my friends are not. And those who are here are not particularly outgoing or are infernally busy. So I'm wondering how to go out and be social...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #894 on: June 21, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »

Ten pounds is a lot for some people, but how you feel now will depend more on weight loss as a percent of your original weight and how much you've changed your diet and increased your physical activity.

And maybe you're feeling a bit sluggish because you don't have as much to do over the summer?

Well, that must be 5% of my weight. I've been very conscious about my diet and have been going to the gym about 5 days a week now. I was hovering just below 200. I'd like to get to 175. I have a job, but that's just it. I mean it's not that I feel sluggish per se, I don't feel and I don't feel like I look (although my mother says otherwise) any thinner.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #895 on: June 21, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »

Ten pounds is a lot for some people, but how you feel now will depend more on weight loss as a percent of your original weight and how much you've changed your diet and increased your physical activity.

And maybe you're feeling a bit sluggish because you don't have as much to do over the summer?

Well, that must be 5% of my weight. I've been very conscious about my diet and have been going to the gym about 5 days a week now. I was hovering just below 200. I'd like to get to 175. I have a job, but that's just it. I mean it's not that I feel sluggish per se, I don't feel and I don't feel like I look (although my mother says otherwise) any thinner.

Weight isn't really the best metric of how fat you are.  You should be thinking about body fat percentage.  If you're losing lean muscle mass, you're not going to look any better.

Personally, I was 5'10," 155 and kind of fat in high school.  I spent like a year running 4 miles every other day and eating salad every day in college and I lost ~20 lbs.  But, then I was way too waify so I spent about two years lifting weights and doing zero cardio because of a running injury.  Because I was so thin I could eat a lot of protein and not really sweat it too much if I put on a little fat with the muscle I added.  Now, I'm 5'10," 155 and I fit the same pants I got in college when I was 140.  

I think that's a good basic strategy, spend some time taking off fat, spend some time putting on muscle.  What are you doing as far as diet and exercise?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #896 on: June 21, 2014, 03:59:44 PM »

I'm sick...I have a fever and every part of my body is sore. And like most people who use the diagnostic tool on WebMD, I am now convinced that my death from severe acute illness is imminent and have quietly resigned myself to my fate on my deathbed.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #897 on: June 21, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »

I have a really bad case of Swimmer's Ear in my right ear and the doctor is closed until Monday when I (yay) cannot go anyway because it will be a busy day at work. Lovely.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #898 on: June 21, 2014, 05:17:16 PM »

I have a really bad case of Swimmer's Ear in my right ear and the doctor is closed until Monday when I (yay) cannot go anyway because it will be a busy day at work. Lovely.

Why don't you go to a different doctor or an urgent care clinic?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #899 on: June 21, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2014, 05:28:02 PM by Simfan34 »

Weight isn't really the best metric of how fat you are.  You should be thinking about body fat percentage.  If you're losing lean muscle mass, you're not going to look any better.

Personally, I was 5'10," 155 and kind of fat in high school.  I spent like a year running 4 miles every other day and eating salad every day in college and I lost ~20 lbs.  But, then I was way too waify so I spent about two years lifting weights and doing zero cardio because of a running injury.  Because I was so thin I could eat a lot of protein and not really sweat it too much if I put on a little fat with the muscle I added.  Now, I'm 5'10," 155 and I fit the same pants I got in college when I was 140. 

I think that's a good basic strategy, spend some time taking off fat, spend some time putting on muscle.  What are you doing as far as diet and exercise?

Well, in terms of diet I'm mainly cutting out processed junk and all that. I'll be honest- I ate a fair amount of takeout Chinese and McD's. Keeping an eye on portions. Taking my own advice (see Update) on eating a lot of watery fruit. As for exercise I'm mixing upper and lower body. I start with 20 mins of cardio, sometimes more- today I was on the stationary for 90 minutes- followed by weights and the stairmaster when working on the lower body. I'd like some upper body strength, because that's truly lacking for me, but I have little interest in bulking up.

Whether you're noticing it or not, 5% sounds like real progress.

I don't know about you, but I struggle to keep myself occupied when I'm not taking classes. I enjoy having the freedom to explore whatever subject I want in my free time without having material from several classes constantly floating in the back of my mind, but I also lose the sense that I have any purpose when I'm not at work.

Maybe your job is on your mind more often, though. I don't know. I rarely think about mine when I'm not in the office.

I mean, I'm just trying to find people to hang out with.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies