Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:49:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129026 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: June 10, 2014, 03:21:43 PM »

3rd week of studying for the bar, and I've never wanted to die as badly as I do right now.

I feel for you man (even if what your doing is probably ten times harder than the stuff I'm doing) Sad. Ah well, the day of freedom must come eventually Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #851 on: June 11, 2014, 04:23:51 PM »

I just applied for a job at McDonalds Tongue
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #852 on: June 11, 2014, 06:37:11 PM »

Good luck!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #853 on: June 11, 2014, 07:09:36 PM »

Good luck indeed; I worked fast food last summer and lasted six weeks. I moved 20,000 pounds worth of concrete with my dad yesterday in 91 degree heat and enjoyed it more Tongue. Less pressure and forklifts are pretty fun.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #854 on: June 11, 2014, 08:38:16 PM »

Hope it goes well! Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #855 on: June 11, 2014, 10:09:32 PM »

Good luck indeed; I worked fast food last summer and lasted six weeks. I moved 20,000 pounds worth of concrete with my dad yesterday in 91 degree heat and enjoyed it more Tongue. Less pressure and forklifts are pretty fun.

Thanks Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #856 on: June 11, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »

I ruined my voice by doing a pretty dead-on impression of Tom Waits for my best friend today, and then strained it further when Tom Waits was mentioned on Jeopardy when my dad and I were watching it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #857 on: June 12, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »

My high-on housemates are talking about God now...

Anything interesting, or just the usual plagues, deluges, and invasions to punish us for our wicked ways?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #858 on: June 13, 2014, 12:31:47 AM »

My job pays poorly. But it pays, unlike so many of these internships. It's unlikely I'll be taking a love cruise down the Dniester myself anytime soon, then, but I'm wondering if and how I should supplement my income. Perhaps something low-intensity but interesting (bow-tie salesman?). More likely than not it might be something at our library. I mean in all honesty I could probably be a passable adjunct at some CUNY college, but that's not... lol. I need ideas, and no, don't mention drugs.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #859 on: June 13, 2014, 11:00:52 AM »

I stole a pen from the broker I use to trade stocks online a few months ago and tweeted about how awful the pen smelled the other day. Today, I received a nice pen in the mail from them with a note saying they hoped this one smelled better.

Good customer service. They'll keep me as a customer for a long time.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #860 on: June 13, 2014, 11:02:51 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2014, 11:05:47 AM by Simfan34 »

I was hoping for some advice...

Meanwhile , slow going on the weight front. I got back from the gym, my arms are tired. Some lifts, pulls, whatever. Been trying to go every day,  alternating between upper and lower body. I started at 197-200, am currently at 191-2 (the scales can't make up their mind), and would like to get to ~175. It's not just weight, I'm weak and I know it and I'd like to develop some upper body strength.

Meanwhile there has been positive notes on the diet front. I seem close to actualising the oatmeal-cereal-celery-soup-tuna-? diet (? means I'm unsure about dinner). Wednesday was exemplary. I had oatmeal for breakfast, a tuna sandwich for lunch, and fish, salad, and asparagus for dinner. I need to eat like that more often. But I also need to avoid heavy African foods that I enjoy.

Paging Polnut.

Speaking of portfolios I've been keeping a fake one on Google Finance that has done rather well. I have the money, I should really put it in.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #861 on: June 13, 2014, 05:48:02 PM »

The last two weeks have been just "great". Working nine to ten hour days at a place about 45 minutes away, getting 4 hours of sleep on good nights, still having a chronic cough, and now another wisdom tooth is popping in, making my right jaw swollen and feeling like sh#t. Meanwhile, my roommate and the Housing Chair is in sort of a death-match with another member of our pledge class who has great differences with him but wants to move in for work-related reasons. Thus, it's a war on two fronts. Both, of course, want me to take their side and all that crap. Both are guilty of horrible atrocities against the protagonist (me) in various forms, but both are as well my friends. Whenever I try to mediate their disputes, it isn't about wanting them to get along, it's about self preservation; if I have to hear them yelling one more time, either I or at least one of them will be dead. Probably gonna have to just take a week off at home so I can visit a few doctors regarding various issues and actually get some sleep.

No offense, Cath, but what do you think being an adult with a full-time job is going to be like? You just described a typical day in the life of Indy.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #862 on: June 13, 2014, 08:33:22 PM »

The last two weeks have been just "great". Working nine to ten hour days at a place about 45 minutes away, getting 4 hours of sleep on good nights, still having a chronic cough, and now another wisdom tooth is popping in, making my right jaw swollen and feeling like sh#t. Meanwhile, my roommate and the Housing Chair is in sort of a death-match with another member of our pledge class who has great differences with him but wants to move in for work-related reasons. Thus, it's a war on two fronts. Both, of course, want me to take their side and all that crap. Both are guilty of horrible atrocities against the protagonist (me) in various forms, but both are as well my friends. Whenever I try to mediate their disputes, it isn't about wanting them to get along, it's about self preservation; if I have to hear them yelling one more time, either I or at least one of them will be dead. Probably gonna have to just take a week off at home so I can visit a few doctors regarding various issues and actually get some sleep.

No offense, Cath, but what do you think being an adult with a full-time job is going to be like? You just described a typical day in the life of Indy.

America hasn't adopted the 40-hours week?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #863 on: June 13, 2014, 11:37:43 PM »

Tomando el ACT's. Deseame suerte Tongue
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #864 on: June 14, 2014, 04:17:41 AM »

Like Flo, I'm taking the ACT.  Not using a Calculator for this one, trying to see how good I can do without it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #865 on: June 14, 2014, 07:32:37 AM »

I'm spending my Father's Day weekend golfing drinking and grilling. Ahhhhhhhh.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #866 on: June 14, 2014, 07:41:27 AM »

I'm spending my Father's Day weekend golfing drinking and grilling. Ahhhhhhhh.

sounds like the best time!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #867 on: June 14, 2014, 06:09:23 PM »

25% of the second-smartest fivesome in upstate New York.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #868 on: June 14, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »

I learned how to play the opening part of "Blowing in the Wind" on harmonica.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #869 on: June 14, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »

I'm going to Governor's School tomorrow, so look forward to me posting less! Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #870 on: June 15, 2014, 07:09:29 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 07:11:52 AM by Simfan34 »

I saw a girl at the gym today watch the Food Network whilst on the treadmill. What does this mean? I feel like it says something about her. And I don't think a lot of my classmates at college would approve of it. And I've so thoroughly immersed myself in that culture I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it myself. Do people like that still exist in this part of the country? Is it indicative of a certain attitude or am I over-thinking this as usual?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #871 on: June 15, 2014, 08:46:00 AM »

I saw a girl at the gym today watch the Food Network whilst on the treadmill. What does this mean? I feel like it says something about her. And I don't think a lot of my classmates at college would approve of it. And I've so thoroughly immersed myself in that culture I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it myself. Do people like that still exist in this part of the country? Is it indicative of a certain attitude or am I over-thinking this as usual?

What culture disapproves of a woman at the gym watching food network? Why do you need your classmates to approve of someone you think you have a connection with?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #872 on: June 15, 2014, 09:25:23 AM »

Who said I had a cconnection with her? I just found it strange. Should I find it strange? Does this make me a feminist?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #873 on: June 15, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »

Who said I had a cconnection with her? I just found it strange. Should I find it strange? Does this make me a feminist?

By the way you're talking it seemed like you had a connection, it really shouldn't be strange to see a woman at the gym, and you really shouldn't overthink these things.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #874 on: June 15, 2014, 05:49:50 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 06:06:29 PM by Simfan34 »

I was trying to be glib but let me more blunt. I was thinking she might be some sort of homemaker in waiting. And that was extremely strange to me. It reminded it me of the discussion I had with a friend who was at Tufts few years ago about how people apparently still used "gay" as an insult. At this point, it's an alien outlook on life. And I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Yes. I am jumping to conclusions. And yes, I'm being an liberal elitist despite not being a liberal. I ought to think well of homemakers. Yet the idea of young women in this day and age wanting to be one does not sit well with me.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies