Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:23:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128998 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: May 31, 2014, 05:30:08 AM »

I've now entered the last desperate days of revision before my exams begin (on Monday). I'm confident (ish) that I know my stuff and what I've got to do. But still, it's not a nice time Sad
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #801 on: May 31, 2014, 06:03:09 AM »

I've now entered the last desperate days of revision before my exams begin (on Monday). I'm confident (ish) that I know my stuff and what I've got to do. But still, it's not a nice time Sad

Don't go mad over them. If you know your stuff....then my personal advice would be to do some light studying today....and then be done with it. One day of no studying before exams begin has normally been a good thing for me, as a point does come when additional work only increases your nervousness without doing anything constructive for you.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #802 on: May 31, 2014, 06:14:07 AM »

Got drunk for the first time in my life yesterday! That was amazing. Cheesy
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #803 on: May 31, 2014, 07:25:39 AM »

You can't have been that drunk or you wouldn't be so enthused today... Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #804 on: May 31, 2014, 10:25:44 AM »

You can't have been that drunk or you wouldn't be so enthused today... Smiley

Nah, I didn't go too hard on it, I'm reasonable enough. Wink But I most definitely was drunk - I think my friends could testify. Tongue
Rooney
United States

« Reply #805 on: June 01, 2014, 12:45:56 PM »

I was nominated for teacher of the year. That was pretty awesome.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #806 on: June 01, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »

Bravo, Antonio.  Today, you woke up a little less awful. 
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #807 on: June 01, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »

How old are you?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #808 on: June 01, 2014, 12:59:55 PM »

I was nominated for teacher of the year. That was pretty awesome.

Congrats!

It's not very fun Sad

I hope I make a good impression tomorrow.  Get to spend some time with my girlfriend's daughter for the first time while out fishing.  I've been advised to bring safety glasses as apparently she can be a bit wild with her Barbie fishing rod.

That's really adorable

How old are you?

That's really unnecessary
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #809 on: June 01, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »

It's a genuine question.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #810 on: June 01, 2014, 01:06:15 PM »

I'm 21. Pretty ironic that I waited for the US drinking age even though I live in Europe, isn't it? Tongue
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #811 on: June 01, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »

I'm 21. Pretty ironic that I waited for the US drinking age even though I live in Europe, isn't it? Tongue

Yes! You seem like a very sensible individual.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #812 on: June 01, 2014, 06:54:14 PM »

I just kind of snapped at my brother today, and I'm not supposed to since he has aspergers and I don't want to make him more distrustful of people, and I just said a lot of things that I should have never said.

what the hell is wrong with me
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #813 on: June 01, 2014, 06:59:45 PM »

I just kind of snapped at my brother today, and I'm not supposed to since he has aspergers and I don't want to make him more distrustful of people, and I just said a lot of things that I should have never said.

What prompted that? I mean, having Aspergers myself, I know we can really act like dicks sometimes. Tongue If your brother knows you love him, he should be fine. Just give him a full, sincere apology and a good hug. Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #814 on: June 01, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »

What prompted that? I mean, having Aspergers myself, I know we can really act like dicks sometimes. Tongue If your brother knows you love him, he should be fine. Just give him a full, sincere apology and a good hug. Smiley

He kept throwing things like pots, pans, food, and after I told him to stop, he commented on my appearances and then I just snapped. It's just he does the same thing every day and I took it out on him.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #815 on: June 01, 2014, 08:04:07 PM »

Do you want a hug? Or talking?
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #816 on: June 01, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »

Returning from Philly, for what was probably one of the tamest and non-debauched bachelor parties in the history of bachelor parties.  I'm pretty sure the only person around who properly boozed up was myself, and even I could have stood to have a couple more over the course of the weekend.

I'm only posting this because as we were walking the streets of Old City from one place to the next, who passed us by but one of those "pedal pub" bikes that BRTD posted about awhile ago. And, well, they fit perfectly in with the traffic on Chestnut Street.  And they were clearly rowdy and buzzed and havin' a ball... but of course there wasn't any actual pub on that vehicle (I assume state regulations saw to that.)  Presumably they all pre-gamed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #817 on: June 02, 2014, 01:32:37 PM »

Apparently I am a part of the the vast right-wing conspiracy.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #818 on: June 02, 2014, 05:31:07 PM »

Overheard this gem today: "It's so sad... did you know that out of all 52 states, Nevada is #48 in education quality."

Point proven, I suppose.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #819 on: June 02, 2014, 05:33:08 PM »

My sister moved out yesterday. For the first time since I left for college, I'm an only child again.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #820 on: June 03, 2014, 10:57:01 AM »

Overheard this gem today: "It's so sad... did you know that out of all 52 states, Nevada is #48 in education quality."

Point proven, I suppose.

I could see them saying out of all 51 states, if you treated DC as if it were a state, which it often is for those sorts of reports.  However, the only report I googled that had Nevada in 48th place had it in 48th in 2008 and had since fallen to 51st.  Tho maybe it has gotten bad enough to be 52nd out of 51 states.  It certainly will be nice to be able to thank God for another State besides Mississippi.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #821 on: June 03, 2014, 05:08:56 PM »

Never getting drunk before the age of 21 is truly even worse than still being a virgin by 21.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #822 on: June 04, 2014, 12:38:53 AM »

Day 7 of bar prep and I'm beginning to lose my social skills. I can't imagine how awkward I'm going to be when late July gets here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #823 on: June 05, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »

So, I’ve been holding this in for a while because it’s deeply personal, but my brother has been in a rehab facility for four weeks. Today, my mother and father went for a group therapy session with the patients and their parents, and they met a man who was held captive by FARC for five years in the jungle.  He’s a fairly famous prisoner, actually. I won’t name the book he wrote or who he is for obvious reasons, but he has a relative in the same center with my younger brother. I actually remember seeing him on TV quite a bit after his release, and my parents spent a good deal of time talking with him.

Please, I know it’s obvious, but I rather not have this leave the confines of this forum. I’m adjusting to everything slowly, but my whole family has been through a lot. My parents were fighting for three weeks straight, I have lost my appetite and my sleep schedule, and my grandmother (who has been in frail health due to her stress regarding her upcoming retirement and the unfortunate circumstances surrounding it) has really been taking a toll from it as well. My youngest brother doesn’t understand what’s going on, but I know he realizes his older brother hasn’t been at home on the weekends when he visits. I’m sure he’s quite confused as well.

On the bright side, my mom (who never had a drinking problem) has decided to quit drinking to support my brother, and my brother is resolving some deep issues that he has been keeping in for a very, very long time. The news since he went into the rehab has been nothing but good news, and I talked to him two weeks ago on the phone. He should be out in a month or so, and I can’t wait for him to get out soon enough. I'm willing to share this now due to the interesting people my parents have encountered, but I really want to keep it on the down-low for the most part.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #824 on: June 05, 2014, 04:09:09 PM »

I'm very sorry hear that, Sanchez. Sad  I wish the very best to you and your family, and hope things get better for you guys.  You do seem like a strong person in dealing with so many difficult challenges the best you can.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies