Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:05:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128977 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: May 16, 2014, 02:38:59 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that Flo.

------------------
I'm currently providing mathematic tutoring!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #751 on: May 16, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2014, 01:00:32 PM by Assemblyman Cassius »

Condolences to you Flo Sad

Yesterday I got my first pay check Cheesy. I was (and am) so happy!!!!

The pleasure of earning money Smiley

Anyway, today we had our penultimate assembly (basically the last serious one before what is essentially the joke informal assembly next Friday), where they doled out some individual subject prizes. I somehow managed to stumble into winning the Ethics and Philosophy Sixth Form prize for 'academic rigour and balanced contributions to class debate' Cheesy
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #752 on: May 16, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss, Flo (assuming your grandfather has passed away). I've been keeping you and your family in my prayers.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #753 on: May 16, 2014, 03:01:58 PM »

Sorry to hear this, Flo. Hope all goes well. There's little I can say beyond dredging up my own experiences with this.

In any case, Windjammer. I just got off the phone with my mother, since my paychecks are being mailed to my legal residence as opposed to the house I'm residing in, and I'm not entirely sure how you could be happy seeing your first pay check. According to what I heard over the phone, the government looters took approximately $66 of a $366 check. I'm primed to write an Ayn Rand novel, and I have all the imagery from demolition to pull it off. Ugh. I'll be receiving the check later tonight when I meet my mother, brother, and uncle for dinner.
Why I shouldn't be happy? I don't understand...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #754 on: May 16, 2014, 03:11:53 PM »

Sorry to hear this, Flo. Hope all goes well. There's little I can say beyond dredging up my own experiences with this.

In any case, Windjammer. I just got off the phone with my mother, since my paychecks are being mailed to my legal residence as opposed to the house I'm residing in, and I'm not entirely sure how you could be happy seeing your first pay check. According to what I heard over the phone, the government looters took approximately $66 of a $366 check. I'm primed to write an Ayn Rand novel, and I have all the imagery from demolition to pull it off. Ugh. I'll be receiving the check later tonight when I meet my mother, brother, and uncle for dinner.
Why I shouldn't be happy? I don't understand...

Because you have documented evidence regarding how much the government is stealing from you.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. (sorry for being so slow to understand)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #755 on: May 16, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »

Stopped on my way to Philly to have lunch with Uncle angus.  Always good to hang out with him for a bit.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #756 on: May 16, 2014, 05:43:27 PM »

I'm volunteering to work at the Greek festival this weekend so I can embrace my life as a greasy Greek cook. This surely will not end well.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #757 on: May 16, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »

Prom went great; I didn't dance at all until everyone but my friends left, and then I went and had a good time.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #758 on: May 16, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »

I play games over on Kongregate and they'll recommend games based on what games you've indicated you like.  However this recommendation struck me as a bit odd:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
It's hard for me to imagine two more dissimilar games.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #759 on: May 16, 2014, 11:44:50 PM »

I got a speeding ticket.  47 in a 35.  Same place I got pulled over last time (didn't get a ticket that time as he had just got there and didn't have the gun out yet).  Same guy standing in the middle of the road, same tire squeal as I brake hard and turn onto the side street (as instructed) to avoid running him over.  Same no seat belt wearing, same no no seat belt ticket despite all the "click it or ticket" commercials I see on TV.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #760 on: May 17, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »

I should get a minimum wage job for July and August Cheesy. Great news, it's time for me to earn money!!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #761 on: May 18, 2014, 09:15:38 PM »

Starting my first day of work tomorrow. Bought some trousers today. Hopefully the free welcome breakfast is good.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #762 on: May 19, 2014, 12:02:22 AM »

Went out today with one of my best friends from school and we had a blast! We went to Lakewood Park and hung out with a group of guys near the skate park for awhile and later managed to get enough people for a basketball game since there was a court right by there. Our team lost, but afterwards, we all went onto the giant tire swing in the park and played on that for awhile. After, me and my friend took a walk on the path along the shore and walked down to where the "rock parkour path" was and I was a bit hesitant to do it, but he talked me into it and jumped, walked, hopped and climbed over tons of large/small rocks above the water until we couldn't go any further. We found some really weird stuff on the way to like a blue foam "Y" sign, a broken traffic cone, a garage sale sign, toothpaste, a deflated balloon, and plenty of bricks. We took the blue foam thingy as a souevenir. Nobody else was there so we just shared some laughs, talked and looked at the waves and what looked to be downtown Cleveland in the distance. He put his arm around me and I put mine around him and joked "I'll never let go!" and referenced Jack/Rose. We questioned each other on how Titanic at one second, but the next we looked at each other and realized something was happening between us.

From there, we returned back up to the park and talked some more on my car's bumper for a little bit and went to grab a bite to eat at Steak n' Shake and while we were waiting for our food, we saw this funny-looking old, tattooed guy spending quarter after quarter to try and get a prize from one of the machines. We headed back to my friend's mom's house from there, and began watching Halloween on Netflix. The movie was obviously really scary (and his dog even got scared to, I think lol), but it allowed us to cuddle some more and it got to the point where we started kissing each other for the first time. We finished the movie (with some odd screams from a girl which made the dog bark) and played some GTA on his Xbox for about an hour. By that point, it was 9 and relatively dark and both of us said we had a great day. We kissed again before I left, but it happened while his dog came to pee outside, so the romance was cut off lol. A great day though and this is going to be a great summer! Cheesy
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #763 on: May 19, 2014, 02:58:45 AM »

Starting my first day of work tomorrow. Bought some trousers today. Hopefully the free welcome breakfast is good.
What are you going to do Lief?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #764 on: May 19, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »

What are you going to do Lief?

Call center, perhaps?  Wink
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #765 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:41 PM »

The funeral was a very beautiful one and I'm very glad people laughed and remembered the times they spent with him and family rather than mourning over his death. It's the way he would've wanted it Smiley

Apparently at the hospital (he was a big jokester) they took the breathing tube out and after a few minutes he stopped breathing, well John (I think that's his name, my mom and dad have a total of sixteen siblings so I can't keep track) said to the rest of the people, being the big brother that he was "Well, I think Dad is gone" and then my grandfather breathed in this giant gulp of air and the guy jumped and pop-pop (we referred to my grandfather as pop-pop) smiled and a few minutes later he left the earth. I think it was a really good way for him to go since that's what he was known for.

Funny thing is, he had stage four pancreatic cancer and he died of pneumonia, like wow.

At least he died with dignity and pranking one of his kids while at it Smiley
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #766 on: May 20, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss, Flo.  It's always tough to lose a grandparent, but I'm glad to hear that your grandfather provided laughter in his last moments.

I wish you the best, and I'm sure you'll always remember the pleasant memories of your grandfather.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #767 on: May 20, 2014, 04:01:46 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2014, 05:50:19 PM by Ready4Harrison »

I'm sorry for your loss, Flo. Both of my maternal grandparents died before I was born, but my paternal grandparents both died within the past ten years, so I can say from experience that while little is more sad than the death of a grandparent, little is better for alleviating that sadness than a good, appropriate, preferably at least somewhat amusing funeral.

It seems almost disrespectful to talk about what I'm about to talk about in the same post as this so I'm going to set it apart very clearly.

_____

Seeing the new Godzilla--adaptation? localization? remake? something along those lines--has, more than anything else, rekindled my somewhat atavistic affection for the classic Godzilla franchise. I'd love to sit down and rewatch the sequence of Heisei-series films with Saegusa Miki in them: Godzilla vs. Biollante, Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, Godzilla vs. Mothra, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II, Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, and of course the elegiac Godzilla vs. Destoroyah. Yes, I know that several of these films aren't generally thought of very highly, but I maintain that the development of the Saegusa character is the closest any aspect of the franchise after the 1954 original has come to 'working' according to traditional dramatic sensibilities. (These are also some of the only Godzilla flicks to pass the Bechdel Test--albeit only in the same way that the original Dykes to Watch Out For strip that named the concept said Alien did--unless you count Mothra's fairies singing her theme song.) I'm sad that she didn't show up in Godzilla: Final Wars. She's at least as important to the series as several of the minor monsters.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #768 on: May 20, 2014, 08:40:47 PM »

I'm so sorry Flo- I know this is pretty tough. It's lovely that your Pop-pop was able to have the last laugh, so to speak, and it sounds like the funeral was lovely. It sounds like you really honored him.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #769 on: May 22, 2014, 10:37:51 AM »

I won our organisation's treasurer (technically finance director) position. I'm actually the treasurer for what, three groups? All political in a sense. And I'm the events coordinator for a journal, which has nothing to do with politics except for the fact that the Editor in Chief is a friend of mine who was cheated out of the presidency of our organisation, pretty much. I'm going to have to finnagle myself out of some of these commitments, I have no idea how I am going to find time to start my African affairs knock-off journal. Which would be a far better use of time. But first our organisation needs to figure out what's going to happen, the election was rigged and people know this.

If you're wondering why I'm posting this I'd planned to post in the "I lost an election" thread but it's more pertinent here.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #770 on: May 22, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »

I, too, am treasurer of an organization, but it is the undergraduate art history organization and not remotely political.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #771 on: May 22, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »

Did you actually win the election this time?

I did. I don't recall which election I lost, but I know I won this one. But my friend did not.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #772 on: May 23, 2014, 08:02:34 AM »

Jury duty today.

Surprisingly this is the first I've ever been called.  Well, unless you count the time Pennsylvania tried to call me for literally two days after I moved out of state.  Tongue
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #773 on: May 23, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »

Woohoo, my final day of school today... ever (unless I completely f up my exams Tongue). There was a little joke award assembly (you know the sort of thing, 'worst driver', 'worst drunk' 'least successful in the gym'), and I received the 'biggest Bible thumper' award (largely due to my contributions to Ethics and Philosophy debates Tongue). Then, we all went into town, descended upon the pubs and bars and generally had a great (and in my case sober) time. Twas' a great day.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #774 on: May 24, 2014, 11:33:46 AM »

So I leave for SUNNY SAN DIEGO tomorrow! As my ship is currently underway, I will be spending a few weeks at TPU (transient personnel unit) in San Diego on the mainland (I am stationed on Coronado Island).  What does that mean?  Roll call at 7am...

Petty officer: Waller!

Me: WALLER!

Petty officer: So, you're here?

Me: Yup!

Petty officer: Awesome, enjoy your day. 

^ I am not disappointed that my first few weeks in California will essentially be a vacation.  HOO-YAH!!!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies