Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:59:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128868 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: March 17, 2014, 12:17:41 AM »

Oh, and now it's snowing.

Thanks, Obama.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #501 on: March 17, 2014, 12:21:43 AM »

I slept with a girl I knew from college a few weeks ago when I visited Raleigh, and then ended up doing it again when I visited some college friends during my spring break. I don't think I want to date her, because she's in Raleigh and I'm not, and I have the bar and school exams on the horizon in the next few weeks.

She briefly asked me where this was going and was really intimate during our last little foray this past Friday, so I'm kind of nervous this may end badly if I don't make this a real thing. Maybe I can keep her on until my work starts piling up and pull away as my free time disappears. I like her, she's a sweet girl, but I just have no time to start anything serious. I have too much too many other things to worry about now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #502 on: March 17, 2014, 03:55:43 AM »

I've finished translating that novel for teenage girls.

What a relief.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #503 on: March 19, 2014, 05:49:19 PM »

9 hour flight to Detroit and on to Chicago tomorrow. And if long haul flights weren't bad enough, flying Delta makes it even worse. Sad

Dawg, you should'a told me you was in Detroit.

I never left the secure area of the airport. (Which I imagine is probably the best place one can be in Detroit Smiley)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #504 on: March 19, 2014, 07:22:21 PM »

I slept with a girl I knew from college a few weeks ago when I visited Raleigh, and then ended up doing it again when I visited some college friends during my spring break. I don't think I want to date her, because she's in Raleigh and I'm not, and I have the bar and school exams on the horizon in the next few weeks.

She briefly asked me where this was going and was really intimate during our last little foray this past Friday, so I'm kind of nervous this may end badly if I don't make this a real thing. Maybe I can keep her on until my work starts piling up and pull away as my free time disappears. I like her, she's a sweet girl, but I just have no time to start anything serious. I have too much too many other things to worry about now.

What about me?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #505 on: March 19, 2014, 10:11:29 PM »

What about me?

I always have time for you, sweetheart. You're my top priority and always have been since the day our eyes met. Purple heart
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #506 on: March 21, 2014, 06:15:40 PM »

My sister just got engaged to her boyfriend of 10 years Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #507 on: March 21, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »

Brief update on how the new job's going.  I started work a few days ago in their "Rookie" program, which basically meant that all my work had to be reviewed and marked up before the clients saw it.  I did pretty well save for one project in which I only got 3/5 stars for Accuracy.  Nevertheless, I graduated today and now I get to transcribe bigger projects for more cash.  I've managed to rake in $33 over the last two days.  Now that I'm no longer a Rookie, I won't be checked on constantly, but occasionally my work will be reviewed by someone just for performance sake.

Two downsides.  One is that the reviewers are totally inconsistent in their markups and each apply their own interpretations of the style guidelines, so I'm never guaranteed to submit anything free of error to whoever gets to review it.  Two is that the company isn't qualified to give tax advice, so I'm responsible for reporting all my income in the coming years and determining how much I give to the government.  My mom said she'd help with that.

So yeah, I'm learning a lot.  If anyone's interested, the company is called Rev.  It's great if you want to make extra cash, but the job is a lot harder than it seems.  Just today it took me an hour to record a six-minute interview and now I'm kind of scared to death of losing my job for making honest mistakes, so all I can do is try my best and hope for the best.  I told my mom I'd quit if it turns out to be a bunch of BS.

Congratulations to your sister! Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #508 on: March 21, 2014, 08:23:54 PM »

I submitted something to Tin House magazine. If it's published, I'll link it to you. It will be either in June or September. If it's good enough to be published.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #509 on: March 22, 2014, 04:19:56 PM »

Huzzah Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2014, 09:49:43 PM »

My dad's childhood best friend died a few weeks ago. He had been homeless and struggling with drug problems, though my dad saw him throughout the Ft. Lauderdale area often. My dad found out today when he saw the obituary online.

His parents were active in film production and were involved with the union, which allowed for him and my dad to have a part in a movie (I for some reason thought it was “Any Given Sunday” but that was made in 1999.....anyway, it was some football related film from the mid to late 1960s) when they were about twelve. The scene was shot for about five minutes, with my dad’s friend even having a speaking role, but when it was all said and done, they both were in the background for about five seconds Tongue.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2014, 11:20:19 PM »

Sounds like Paper Lion and Brian's Song are the most likely candidates.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #512 on: March 22, 2014, 11:48:03 PM »

Paper Lion seems more likely. He said he was in Middle School. I'll ask him in the morning. My dad has lived an interesting life and has met a very bizarre cast of characters with all kinds of saints and sinners. I'd be damned if he doesn't write a book about it one day.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #513 on: March 23, 2014, 05:08:30 AM »

Paper Lion seems more likely. He said he was in Middle School. I'll ask him in the morning. My dad has lived an interesting life and has met a very bizarre cast of characters with all kinds of saints and sinners. I'd be damned if he doesn't write a book about it one day.

While in the Hebrew testament YHWH does mete out punishments unto the third or fourth generation sometimes, failing to write a book isn't listed as an offense, so you need not be worried about being damned on that account.  (Considering that the effects of punishing someone severely will tend to cause one's descendants to suffer, I take such pronouncements as referring to such indirect effects rather than direct punishment upon the descendants of the offender.)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2014, 08:50:12 PM »

I got into Governor's School for the summer!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #515 on: March 24, 2014, 08:54:49 PM »

Congratulations! Smiley
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #516 on: March 25, 2014, 11:31:19 PM »

Back in Pennsylvania until May.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #517 on: March 26, 2014, 10:08:29 AM »

I missed my check-in time at O'Hare by 3 minutes. 

You are supposed to arrive 45 minutes early and I arrived 42 minutes.

The plane has since been delayed 50 minutes.

I am now waiting in standby for a seat I lost because I was 3 minutes late at 45 minutes early for a flight that doesn't depart until 90 minutes after I arrived.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #518 on: March 26, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »

My sister will have a baby in May.  I'll be an uncle.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #519 on: March 26, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »

Congratulations!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #520 on: March 26, 2014, 11:43:14 AM »

Congrats, Phil.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #521 on: March 26, 2014, 11:48:58 AM »

I missed my check-in time at O'Hare by 3 minutes. 

You are supposed to arrive 45 minutes early and I arrived 42 minutes.

The plane has since been delayed 50 minutes.

I am now waiting in standby for a seat I lost because I was 3 minutes late at 45 minutes early for a flight that doesn't depart until 90 minutes after I arrived.

well, then you've got time for this thread:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=189681.0
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #522 on: March 26, 2014, 11:50:33 AM »

Thank you!

I probably won't see him (the baby) until he is several months old.  My sister lives in Paris with her French husband (my sister is American).  The baby will have dual citizenship.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #523 on: March 26, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »

Thank you!

I probably won't see him (the baby) until he is several months old.  My sister lives in Paris with her French husband (my sister is American).  The baby will have dual citizenship.
Having a half-french aunt/nephew will be awesome, I can assure you Tongue.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #524 on: March 26, 2014, 12:34:04 PM »

Thank you!

Having a half-french aunt/nephew will be awesome, I can assure you Tongue.

My nephew will be every bit as eligible to run for POTUS (as far as the birth qualification goes) as Ted Cruz.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies