Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:38:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128831 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2014, 12:26:29 AM »

Thank you to those who left kind words - I greatly appreciate it.

I encourage anyone of faith to pass a prayer my way whenever you think of it - I'm dealing with multiple internal and external struggles. My Atlas activity will be extremely limited for as long as needed.

One doesn't need to be of faith to send positive thoughts, I personally believe they all have the same effect.

Just remember, you're not alone, however much it may feel like it. You are who you are meant to be.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2014, 07:01:12 AM »

Thank you to those who left kind words - I greatly appreciate it.

I encourage anyone of faith to pass a prayer my way whenever you think of it - I'm dealing with multiple internal and external struggles. My Atlas activity will be extremely limited for as long as needed.
I will be praying for you Tmthforu!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #377 on: February 19, 2014, 04:06:03 PM »

I'm trying to upload a picture to the College Board to register for the SAT, and it simply. will. not. work.

Its frustrating me Tongue
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2014, 04:11:25 PM »

I'm officially on the Nan Rich campaign Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2014, 04:41:08 PM »

I'm trying to upload a picture to the College Board to register for the SAT, and it simply. will. not. work.

Its frustrating me Tongue

The College Board is one of the least user-friendly sites I've ever been forced to use.  Don't worry. Tongue

I'm officially on the Nan Rich campaign Smiley

Congratulations!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #380 on: February 20, 2014, 01:26:53 PM »

Went downtown to the Courthouse to pick up the renewal for my concealed carry permit.  First in line for the 8AM start time, so I was back at work before 9.  All set for another 5 years.  Man the picture on it sucks.  Ugh, I wasn't fully awake.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #381 on: February 20, 2014, 01:43:57 PM »

Went downtown to the Courthouse to pick up the renewal for my concealed carry permit.  First in line for the 8AM start time, so I was back at work before 9.  All set for another 5 years.  Man the picture on it sucks.  Ugh, I wasn't fully awake.

Cool! You don't need to retake the qualification course do you?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #382 on: February 20, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »

PA has no qualification course.  Just the background checks.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #383 on: February 20, 2014, 01:53:24 PM »

Wow. Your state is more lenient, in that regard, than mine. Shocked
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2014, 01:55:25 PM »

Got my first semester results, and my grades range from 13,5 (decent) to 18 (excellent) so it's a little step forward.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #385 on: February 20, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »

Wow. Your state is more lenient, in that regard, than mine. Shocked

That's why, in another thread, I mentioned that I don't feel put out at all by PA's requirements.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #386 on: February 20, 2014, 05:40:04 PM »

My computer might be dying.  Bluh.  Just what I needed when I was already feeling pretty crappy about my lack of IRL forward progress (no, not talking about it more than that here, sorry).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »

Hitting the bourbon hard tonight, it's the UNC/Duke game. Go heels, go america!
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #388 on: February 21, 2014, 04:01:50 PM »

More family drama, more betrayal. When life rains on Sawx, it pours.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #389 on: February 22, 2014, 08:48:19 AM »

I got offered a position running our Corpus branch this week.. I'm not sure if I wanna take it or not.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #390 on: February 22, 2014, 03:19:15 PM »

YEEZY SEASON APPROACHING

tomorrow night
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #391 on: February 22, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »

Spring break is about a week from now. Some pledge brothers are going to Panama, Florida. While I'd probably have the money to go by then, don't think I'm gonna do it. Quite a long trip, far too spontaneous for me, and I need to relax at home and see some of my high school friends.
Going to Panama Beach in Spring Break is:

1. Awful in general.
2. Awful for you in particular; it will exhaust you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #392 on: February 22, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »

One of my good friend's birthday is tonight. Initially, his terrible wife decided we should have a surprised party at this new steakhouse in town, where we will spend at least $100/plate per person. I was the first to say no, because a) I am a student with no job and b) I've never been and I'd hate for it not to be good. It just opened.

I eventually got my other friends to agree to say no because none of us wanted to spend that much on food, not to mention drinks will make it worse. His terrible wife said he'd rather eat there than be with his friends anyway, and basically gave us the middle finger. Last night, she finally caved and cried to my friend/her husband that she ruined his party. Now we are going to their house, she's cooking for us and we're drinking all night.

I just love when I win.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #393 on: February 24, 2014, 09:32:16 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2014, 09:36:35 PM by Paul Kemp »

I had the incredible opportunity of witnessing the final night of the North American Yeezus tour last night. A phenomenal experience to witness a truly compelling display of showmanship by Mr. West.

Best show I've ever been to, although it's a bit unfair to compare others to it as others didn't have a giant mountain, indoor snowfall and White Jesus. I strongly doubt I'll ever see anything like it again.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #394 on: February 25, 2014, 08:14:30 AM »

The Tooth Fairy is dead.  The Tooth Fairy died this morning at approximately 7:45am after an illness lasting for about nine days, which began when my son discovered a stash of his teeth in my sock drawer.  Actually, he has been questioning the credibility of the logistics of the Tooth Fairy's worldwide delivery for several years now, but the discovery of the teeth was serious confirmation.  He lost the thirteenth tooth last night and was reticent about putting it under his pillow, even threatening to hide it in an unusual place, because the Tooth Fairy would no doubt be able to find it whereas parents would not know where to look.  Eventually he co-operated and went to sleep.  This morning, upon finding a shiny bicentennial Eisenhower Dollar under his pillow, I asked him where he thought the dollars came from and he replied that he thought his parents put it there.  The only mystery was which one and where the dollars were acquired.  I explained that I acquired them from a bank many years ago when his first tooth became loose, but as it turns out that bank only had 13, and they are becoming hard to find, so it's just as well that he is wise.  At that point we decided that the Tooth Fairy was dead.

The Tooth Fairy is survived by Santa Claus, who is on life support and may not survive till next Christmas.  The fact that I had a receipt for a dysfunctional toy and was therefore able to exchange it for another one at the mall last year was "suspicious." 

RIP Tooth Fairy.  In lieu of flowers or donations, prayers for world peace and understanding are requested by the family.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #395 on: February 25, 2014, 08:21:28 AM »

RIP TF, you massive FF. Cry
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #396 on: February 25, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »

I've made the decision to boycott Jeopardy! until the current champion is defeated.

Given how committed I am to that show, this is definitely a big enough change in my life to warrant being posted in this thread.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #397 on: February 25, 2014, 08:45:21 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2014, 08:47:19 PM by traininthedistance »

I've made the decision to boycott Jeopardy! until the current champion is defeated.

Given how committed I am to that show, this is definitely a big enough change in my life to warrant being posted in this thread.

I'm sorry that you hate excellence and effort.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #398 on: February 25, 2014, 09:13:33 PM »

I don't advocate doing things poorly, but I do believe that it's possible to do something too well. Found between the two aforementioned extremes is the medium that is happiest for all.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #399 on: February 25, 2014, 10:49:30 PM »

I don't advocate doing things poorly, but I do believe that it's possible to do something too well. Found between the two aforementioned extremes is the medium that is happiest for all.

So I assume that, for you, Ken Jennings was the worst Jeopardy contestant in history, and you would basically throw things at your TV in reaction to him steamrolling opponents for months on end, because he was too good.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies