Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:32:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129087 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: February 16, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »

Yesterday evening I came out to my brother. It went pretty well, so today I worked up the courage to tell my parents, my father specifically. It didn't go over as well - he promised that he loves me more than ever, but is convinced I can be fixed. I'm really doubting a lot right now...I don't know what I'm going to do.

I'm glad your father still loves you and I hope he comes around soon!  I'm also glad it went well with your brother and that he was able to accept you for who you are.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  We're all rooting for you!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #351 on: February 16, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »

I don't mean to sound bad, but did this forum finally get Tapatalk support? Why does Lief's posts have the Sent from my iPhone signature??

And yes, if you need anything, let me know, tmth.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #352 on: February 16, 2014, 06:31:59 PM »

Yesterday evening I came out to my brother. It went pretty well, so today I worked up the courage to tell my parents, my father specifically. It didn't go over as well - he promised that he loves me more than ever, but is convinced I can be fixed. I'm really doubting a lot right now...I don't know what I'm going to do.

Small steps. It's your life and always your life. People come round at different times but sometimes people never do. You don't have to please anyone. Remain true to yourself.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #353 on: February 16, 2014, 06:35:14 PM »

Tmth,

You were made the way you are, there is nothing wrong with you and nothing that needs to be fixed. It is really sad when people convince themselves that there is something "wrong" instead of understanding that this is the way the universe/god/whatever you believe in made you. Be true to yourself, be strong. We are here for support when you need us. Remember, there is nothing wrong with you!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #354 on: February 16, 2014, 08:46:26 PM »

I don't mean to sound bad, but did this forum finally get Tapatalk support? Why does Lief's posts have the Sent from my iPhone signature??

nah, just drunk trolling, don't mind me.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2014, 10:19:20 PM »

I don't mind you when you're sober or drunk.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #356 on: February 16, 2014, 11:27:44 PM »

Tmth,

You were made the way you are, there is nothing wrong with you and nothing that needs to be fixed. It is really sad when people convince themselves that there is something "wrong" instead of understanding that this is the way the universe/god/whatever you believe in made you. Be true to yourself, be strong. We are here for support when you need us. Remember, there is nothing wrong with you!

Exactly - there's nothing wrong with you, nothing that needs to be fixed.

While we all hope for a completely positive outcome, that cannot  be guaranteed and while we all want our parent or others' acceptance, it's more important that you accept yourself and love yourself for who and what you are.

Once you get there, what others want and say won't matter much at all.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #357 on: February 17, 2014, 12:08:02 AM »

I don't mind you when you're sober or drunk.

Thanks man. You're not bad either.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #358 on: February 17, 2014, 09:06:25 AM »

Wow, this forum seems to be full of drunkards who like posting when they are intoxicated Tongue.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #359 on: February 17, 2014, 09:10:56 AM »

Wow, this forum seems to be full of drunkards who like posting when they are intoxicated Tongue.

Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »

What is it Grump?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #361 on: February 17, 2014, 09:19:43 AM »

The Duh Award?  Hmmm. It might not translate well.  It just means you made an observation which people would think "of course, is it not obvious that this is true?"  

Better?  Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #362 on: February 17, 2014, 09:21:23 AM »

Haha, thanks Tongue.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #363 on: February 17, 2014, 11:27:45 AM »

To continue the saga of Sawx's love life, I'm catching feels for someone outside of the trio.

tl;dr, hook up with girl 1 and girl 2 in the same night. Would go for Girl 1 again, but Girl 2 was more me being hammered and wanting to brag about pulling two girls in one night. Girl 1 comes out again with me next week. Girl 3 (a good friend of mine) shows up, clings to me the entire night, finally realize she has feels for me. Want to be just friends with Girl 2 and Girl 3, would at most be FWB with Girl 1.

Now, on Valentine's Day, I see a new girl who's basically a female version of me (except without the whole spergy political forum thing going on). We start talking, and I think I'm catching feels.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #364 on: February 17, 2014, 11:33:25 AM »

I'll admit Sawx,  your post gives me a headache trying to understand it.  But the goddamn gif in your signature make it impossible to understand your point with a pounding headache.  Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #365 on: February 17, 2014, 01:02:23 PM »

To continue the saga of Sawx's love life, I'm catching feels for someone outside of the trio.

tl;dr, hook up with girl 1 and girl 2 in the same night. Would go for Girl 1 again, but Girl 2 was more me being hammered and wanting to brag about pulling two girls in one night. Girl 1 comes out again with me next week. Girl 3 (a good friend of mine) shows up, clings to me the entire night, finally realize she has feels for me. Want to be just friends with Girl 2 and Girl 3, would at most be FWB with Girl 1.

Now, on Valentine's Day, I see a new girl who's basically a female version of me (except without the whole spergy political forum thing going on). We start talking, and I think I'm catching feels.
Who is tl;dr? One of your friend?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #366 on: February 17, 2014, 01:35:03 PM »

Who is tl;dr? One of your friend?

tl;dr = too long, didn't read
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #367 on: February 17, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »

^^^^^^^Ahem.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #368 on: February 17, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »

You need to stop putting yourself in positions which will, and are, getting you into full time trouble.  Is this not obvious?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #369 on: February 17, 2014, 04:56:51 PM »

Cathcon you re intriguing me, where are you ideologically?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #370 on: February 17, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »

Because you re an interesting poster but I often fail to understand you!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #371 on: February 17, 2014, 05:19:40 PM »

Because you re an interesting poster but I often fail to understand you!

Heh. I suppose I am, to some extent. Is part of it relevant to my posts in this thread?
I follow your update story but it s more a general impression! Don t worry, nothing wrong!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #372 on: February 19, 2014, 12:02:56 AM »

Thank you to those who left kind words - I greatly appreciate it.

I encourage anyone of faith to pass a prayer my way whenever you think of it - I'm dealing with multiple internal and external struggles. My Atlas activity will be extremely limited for as long as needed.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #373 on: February 19, 2014, 12:10:05 AM »

Hang in there, pal.  Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #374 on: February 19, 2014, 12:13:33 AM »

Thank you to those who left kind words - I greatly appreciate it.

I encourage anyone of faith to pass a prayer my way whenever you think of it - I'm dealing with multiple internal and external struggles. My Atlas activity will be extremely limited for as long as needed.

Of course I will continue praying for you.  I'll even ask my pastor to put in a good word for you next week.  But please, talk to me if you have any questions or need help reconciling things with God.  You know where to reach me, and I'm usually free to talk whenever.

I'm gonna bug you in a few days if you don't say anything just so I know how you're doing.  Do NOT hesitate to talk to me if you need guidance, spiritual or otherwise. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies