Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:11:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128835 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2014, 01:16:21 PM »

The family drama I've been in the middle of is over.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »

Cathcon, you're going to flunk out or get in major trouble if you continue to major in fraternity.  I'm not your daddy, just someone who has seen it a bunch of times.  Thx.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:22 PM »

Are you sure you're going to real college, Cathcon, and not a late 70s comedy movie version of college?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »

Apparently I have to attend a student conduct hearing because of my days working for Residence Life in which I let in some brothers of mine that, during their time in the building, released a goose that was the cause of some controversy until Phi Kappa Theta's problems sort of eclipsed ours. It appear the gooses may be coming home to roost, though.

Ahem.  See my last post.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »

Cathcon is beginning to make my life sound reasonable Shocked
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2014, 04:03:30 PM »

A really close friend of mine had to go to a hospital in Gainesville, she had originally gotten a liver problem late last year, and it was very deadly, so when she had only three days left to live, she was moved to the top of the transplant list, and thankfully she got a liver in time, however her body rejected it in six months, so she has to keep taking medicine, and all this crappy stuff, and she's only 17 years old. Now she is having problems with her kidneys, and she's most likely going to have to be on two transplant lists. I'm really afraid, and I don't know if she'll be okay..
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #306 on: February 07, 2014, 04:04:45 PM »

A really close friend of mine had to go to a hospital in Gainesville, she had originally gotten a liver problem late last year, and it was very deadly, so when she had only three days left to live, she was moved to the top of the transplant list, and thankfully she got a liver in time, however her body rejected it in six months, so she has to keep taking medicine, and all this crappy stuff, and she's only 17 years old. Now she is having problems with her kidneys, and she's most likely going to have to be on two transplant lists. I'm really afraid, and I don't know if she'll be okay..
Thats horrible Sad. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2014, 05:26:18 PM »

I'm so sorry man! I hope it all turns out good. Sad
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #308 on: February 08, 2014, 02:53:27 PM »

I spent significant amounts of yesterday evening getting gaslighted. Not fun.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #309 on: February 08, 2014, 08:50:45 PM »

Went to go pick up dinner for the family. I was driving west and was about to turn, but misjudged the distance (it was darker than usual for 7:00 PM) and went right over the median. I am fine, but my front right tire was flat and by the time I pulled into the gas station across the street, it was ripped clean in half. I called my dad, he came (it was only ten minutes away), and we got out the jack, put the new tire on....only to find it was flat Tongue. Anyway, we got it blown up and I got home. I need to get a new tire tommorow. Also, my hood isn't shutting right but I am 100% positive that it is not the frame, since I was only going 30.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #310 on: February 09, 2014, 10:16:15 AM »

Ugh. I'm about to have the "clingy talk" with my friend (let's call her Elaine for now). Essentially last night, Leah (the girl from my last post that I'm interested in) and friends ask me if they can tag along with me at The Usual Place. Now, Elaine knows me well enough to know that I'm at The Usual Place 90% of the time, so whenever she wants to go out, she'll show up there. I explicitly tell her to keep her distance if Leah is there.

She doesn't, and not only can I not talk to Leah without her butting in, but I can't get a single inch of space for the whole night to do my own thing. This seems to be a recurring problem with Elaine whenever she goes out: she doesn't know everyone, she follows me around like a lost puppy, and I spend most of the night desperate to get some personal space. I'm happy being just friends with her (and I have my eyes on Leah anyway), and I'm pretty sure she feels the same way, so it's not gonna go down that road. It's not going to go to cutting her off either, but at the same time, I need to do something about this.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #311 on: February 09, 2014, 10:18:53 AM »

I almost hooked up with a girl named Leah about a month ago. Good thing I didn't cause that girl was crazyyyyyyy
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2014, 10:24:33 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2014, 02:25:57 PM by Sawxsylvania »

Yeah, good thing her name isn't Leah. We're just calling her that because of privacy. She wound up finding someone else, so that's why I'm pissed. The thing that makes me the angriest about it is that I firmly told Elaine that if Leah is there, to not cling to me, and she did it anyway.

EDIT: Just had the talk with Elaine, got the standard "I'M SORRY SAWX, I WAS DRUNK AND I DIDN'T KNOW ANYONE THERE!" response. I have no idea if she's catching feels, but I don't feel the same way, think that not knowing anybody is a valid excuse, and need my own space. I'm trying to calm down right now, so yeah. How do I deal?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #313 on: February 09, 2014, 03:08:26 PM »

Oh god, this is why being friends with girls is so difficult. The lines always get blurred and someone gets hurt if the other party doesn't have the same feelings.

If Leah found someone else, move on and forget about her. She doesn't sound like she wants anything serious with anyone, and I wouldn't pursue it unless you just want to be another notch on her bedpost.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #314 on: February 09, 2014, 03:14:48 PM »

Found the perfect girl to date after finally starting to look again after almost being engaged to my ex who changed her mind. Of course she's sorta seeing someone else who's a friend while also flirting with me. -_-

In other news, received a promotion to Tier 3 of Customer Service Rep so would be receiving calls from everyone, including lower reps. Means $1,800 more a year, plus 4% on top of my regular schedule for working 9:30-6. 8 month commitment so hopefully in less then a year (January 2015) I'll be in a Disability Underwriting job.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #315 on: February 09, 2014, 03:49:11 PM »

Oh god, this is why being friends with girls is so difficult. The lines always get blurred and someone gets hurt if the other party doesn't have the same feelings.

If Leah found someone else, move on and forget about her. She doesn't sound like she wants anything serious with anyone, and I wouldn't pursue it unless you just want to be another notch on her bedpost.

Yeah, I'm not looking for anything serious with Leah anymore. I'm just looking on how get Elaine to stop clinging.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2014, 03:53:14 PM »

I'm just glad Elaine isn't her real name, because in my mind she's like fifty years old.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #317 on: February 11, 2014, 03:35:16 AM »

While I'm sure many if not most of you folks will laugh at this, I've been tormented by horrid feelings of guilt and doubt. Having read hyper-fundamentalist sites (such as the Way of Life website maintained by David Cloud or Rick Miesel's Biblical Discernment Ministry), I've had feelings of being insufficiently biblical in regards to areas such as secondary separationism or even for not being King James Version-only in regards to Bible reading. I know they are absurd and can formulate counterarguments in my mind, except that there's a nagging voice in me that asks me whether these counterarguments are simply the result of my stubborness.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #318 on: February 11, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »

They've found her a perfect match for a liver!  She's nearly done surgery Smiley
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »

I'm just glad Elaine isn't her real name, because in my mind she's like fifty years old.

Lol.

Anyways, the more I think about it the more I think Elaine has feelings for me. Problem is, she's got a castle way deep in the friendzone, and I'm not looking to settle down. Hell, I was leaning towards FWB with Leah anyway.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #320 on: February 11, 2014, 09:52:45 PM »

Over the last three weeks I was working on an 18 page narrative poem with a rather unique rhyme scheme and a complex plot. I finished it last Thursday. Its hand written so I am transferring it into word to preserve, and I am considering submitting it to a magazine.

I’m rather conflicted if I should share it. I am paranoid that if I publish it here before it gets into a magazine (if it does-I, for once, am actually proud of myself on this one) will find it and accuse me of plagiarism.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »

Over the last three weeks I was working on an 18 page narrative poem with a rather unique rhyme scheme and a complex plot. I finished it last Thursday. Its hand written so I am transferring it into word to preserve, and I am considering submitting it to a magazine.

I’m rather conflicted if I should share it. I am paranoid that if I publish it here before it gets into a magazine (if it does-I, for once, am actually proud of myself on this one) will find it and accuse me of plagiarism.

Ehh, don't post it here- submit it to the magazine first. I think some magazines consider stuff that's already been put online as already published.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #322 on: February 12, 2014, 12:17:56 PM »

Ehh, don't post it here- submit it to the magazine first. I think some magazines consider stuff that's already been put online as already published.
Thats true, even though this is not a poetry publication. I'll hold off on it until I get everything figured out.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #323 on: February 12, 2014, 02:10:12 PM »

Right thumb's messed up and two of my knuckles have scabs on them. Bad night.

Bar fight?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #324 on: February 12, 2014, 02:22:43 PM »

Frat fight?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length