Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:04:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129080 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2014, 11:19:29 PM »

Had a filling put in early this morning, and attended a Transcendental Meditation seminar tonight. The course is $1400, but with a January "New Year" discount and the discount that comes with the recommendation from my shrink, the price is down to $500. My mom and dad, to my amazement, are willing to pay for it and are actually pushing me to do it.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »

Hope the new semester helps too, Cathcon.

I just sent off the final revised version of the manuscript for my second book to the press that will publish it.  Still have to work through the index and the page proofs once they typset it, but the last year-and-a-half on this project is finally done.  I had a surprisingly hard time clicking the "Send" button on my email--strangely hard for an author to just let the thing go at the end.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #177 on: January 06, 2014, 08:34:55 AM »

No school today!

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2014, 09:12:08 AM »

^^^

Opted not to go to the first class of the semester. I tried to, but I slipped twice because the entire city has turned into a massive skating rink in which basically every thing is slippery as hell. Further motivation to GTFO of this sh**thole country asap.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2014, 08:46:01 PM »

I did well on the exam scores I received so far. Nothing lower than a B+. Cheesy
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2014, 10:37:55 PM »

I had a weird dream last night involving fireworks, jumping across Washington rooftops, and romancing a Senator.  Unfortunately I woke up before I got to see if the actual fireworks the dream began with would lead to figurative fireworks with her.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2014, 10:53:01 PM »

I had a weird dream last night involving fireworks, jumping across Washington rooftops, and romancing a Senator.  Unfortunately I woke up before I got to see if the actual fireworks the dream began with would lead to figurative fireworks with her.
A wetdream about Babs Mikulski?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2014, 07:56:26 AM »

A wetdream about Babs Mikulski?

Nah, it was a generic female, and hotter than Mikulski tho wearing too many clothes to likely make it into the defunct HG thread.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »

My mother turns 90 years old today.  Happy Birthday, mom!
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »

Other than when I just went down to work on something with my Chemistry teacher, I've been sick all day, and have been home. Been getting lots of sleep.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »

It's terribly cold for South Carolina today. I cant handle it. My car was frozen this morning before I left for class and we had a power outage at school until 11 today. We still had class though, don't worry.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2014, 02:01:18 PM »

It's terribly cold for South Carolina today. I cant handle it. My car was frozen this morning before I left for class and we had a power outage at school until 11 today. We still had class though, don't worry.

Man up, Dukey.  It was -11F air temperature when I started our cars.  It's a balmy -1F now.  Tongue
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2014, 02:03:23 PM »

Man up, Dukey.  It was -11F air temperature when I started our cars.  It's a balmy -1F now.  Tongue

Yeah come now Dukey, it is 0 F here right now, I'm sick, and still went down to school for a few minutes to get help. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »

Man up, Dukey.  It was -11F air temperature when I started our cars.  It's a balmy -1F now.  Tongue

At least I went to class. Half of the ladyboys in my classes didn't even show up. I actually miss those cold North Carolina winters I used to weather during college. It made me a real man.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »

Speaking of winter, I'm sitting in a Halifax, Nova Scotia pub this afternoon, and as I type this, the sun is shining in the west and snow is falling freely from the sky. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2014, 02:20:17 PM »

Speaking of winter, I'm sitting in a Halifax, Nova Scotia pub this afternoon, and as I type this, the sun is shining in the west and snow is falling freely from the sky. 

Temperature?  (outside, not inside the warm pub Tongue  )
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2014, 02:24:53 PM »

It's a frigid 45 degree outside here in Austin. But tomorrow I go back to New York, where (from what I understand from the internet) society has broken down completely as a new ice age has begun.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2014, 02:31:08 PM »

Temperature?  (outside, not inside the warm pub Tongue  )

Pretty warm outside too, about 23 F.  Rarely gets below zero F in this part of Canada since I've started visiting here.  But I put in my time with low temps growing up in NoDak.  Smiley
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2014, 09:22:19 AM »

So I poured myself a bowl of cereal this morning. I ate one spoonful and found the taste rather off-putting. The second spoonful didn't taste as bad, but I was curious; "Did I pour myself a bowl of goat's milk?" I wondered. Expiration date on the jug: 12/31/13. Oops.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2014, 03:55:46 PM »

So the girl I have been interested in since last year approached me today and told me she wants to take one of my best friends to the Sadie Hawkins style homecoming dance. I'm not too concerned for anyone but myself, because I immediately began to go into Lee Atwater mode and started plotting how I can get ahead in this situation without throwing my friend (who has no real detectable interest in this girl) under the bus.

Were gonna go see Inside Llewlyn Davis tonight, so I am going to work it from there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »

My grades were great this semester, I made Dean's List, and I capped them off with an A on my corporate taxation exam. I have no idea how I pulled it off considering my drinking/lack of work until November, but hey, if it works....
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2014, 04:12:42 PM »

I made the Dean's List this semester, though I had a couple classes I would have liked to have done better in. Extremely frustrated with my sociology class - you were required to attain a 97% to get an A, and I got a 96%, thus, an A-. My TA later messaged me and said she would have bumped my grade up had she realized I had an A-. *sigh*

I have a full course load next semester, though my schedule doesn't seem too challenging. The upside is that I am taking my last math class ever!
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #197 on: January 09, 2014, 04:19:05 PM »

I visited the Boston University School of Theology yesterday and I think it's jumped to the top of my list of preferred options for graduate school, at least for now. I'm actively excited to finish up that application this weekend. I also got my grades back for my final undergraduate semester--my final cumulative GPA is 3.63, 3.80 for my last two years, 3.52 in my major because I had trouble with the language component early on.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #198 on: January 09, 2014, 04:22:31 PM »

My great-aunt has passed away at 101. I was planning to visit her Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #199 on: January 09, 2014, 06:23:22 PM »

My great-aunt has passed away at 101. I was planning to visit her Sad
My condolences to your family. I'm keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies