Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:43:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128967 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »

I had a flat tire this morning when I woke up, and it turns out all my tires need replacing - an $800 project. Fantastic.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2013, 09:42:07 PM »

I'm back in Texas for winter break, and I learned today that an In and Out opened in Austin very recently! Finally I'll get to try it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »

My grandma had a small heart attack this morning. She should be alright, but I am very close to her and am incredibly nervous. She didn’t tell anybody about it until a few hours ago, and her ankles were severely swollen. She did not want to go to the hospital, but my Aunt (who is a nurse) insisted she go to the ER. Anyway, I’m praying my grandma will make a quick recovery.

Oddly enough, while my mother, aunt and grandmother went over to take my grandmother to the hospital, my mom’s stepsister showed up unexpectedly. She was on her way to visit her brother (who co-owns my grandma’s awning company), so now everyone’s going to be finding out through the rumor mill Tongue.

The good news is that my mom’s half brother and his wife had another little girl two days ago. Their older daughter, who just turned two, was none too happy about it. I tried to hit my brother with a plastic sippycup when he was born, so I guess it runs in the family Tongue.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother - she will be in my prayers. Grateful it was nothing more serious! Hope you have a happy Christmas, Sanchez.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2013, 07:36:19 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother - she will be in my prayers. Grateful it was nothing more serious! Hope you have a happy Christmas, Sanchez.
Thanks Smiley. She is in stable condition, and should be released tommorow. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2013, 07:37:29 PM »

Thanks Smiley. She is in stable condition, and should be released tommorow. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

Glad to hear Wink. Hope she recovers.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2013, 09:52:09 PM »

The Sigma Pi fraternity house got broken into, which isn't all that surprising given its location. Unsure as of yet how this will affect plans for a New Year's party there.
Was anything taken? Or were the burglers chased off?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »

I'm finally done with all my papers for the semester! Cheesy

This has been a hell of a busy month.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »

Finally finished my common app essay! Cheesy

I think it's a winner!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »

This is going to be a lame new years. I need to start hitting the booze soon and find something fun to do that doesn't cost me over $200.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2013, 04:26:14 PM »

Gonna be heading down to Detroit in a few hours for a New Year's party.
Don't get shot.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2014, 09:48:33 PM »

I got a very nice New Years text from a girl I barely know and haven't really spoken with at all since she left my school last year. Somehow (I never had the chance to tell her, keep in mind) she knew how absolutely horrible the year 2013 was for me and sent me her best wishes for 2014.  I got the text at 5:58 AM, and it made my day. I’m still kinda wondering if she sent it to the wrong person or something, because it was so out of the blue Tongue.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »

I got a very nice New Years text from a girl I barely know and haven't really spoken with at all since she left my school last year. Somehow (I never had the chance to tell her, keep in mind) she knew how absolutely horrible the year 2013 was for me and sent me her best wishes for 2014.  I got the text at 5:58 AM, and it made my day. I’m still kinda wondering if she sent it to the wrong person or something, because it was so out of the blue Tongue.

You reply to it?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »

You reply to it?
I sent a thank you/Happy New Year text back later in the day (I didn’t actually open and respond to the text until like 4:00 PM because I was busy, but I read it on my screen when it first popped up), and she read it but didn't respond. I know her well enough to know that her not responding wasn't an act of scorn, however. Usually my social anxiety kicks in and I obsess on why the other person didn’t respond, but that wasn’t the case tonight.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2014, 10:46:22 PM »

You reply to it?
I sent a thank you/Happy New Year text back later in the day (I didn’t actually open and respond to the text until like 4:00 PM because I was busy, but I read it on my screen when it first popped up), and she read it but didn't respond. I know her well enough to know that her not responding wasn't an act of scorn, however. Usually my social anxiety kicks in and I obsess on why the other person didn’t respond, but that wasn’t the case tonight.

That type of thing happened to me, especially with chicks. Scary stuff.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2014, 03:17:01 AM »

'Got a good start to the new year. Imagine Dragons played a free concert in the French Quarter tonight; I went with some friends. I didn't know any of the songs except Radioactive, but it was fun.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2014, 08:35:49 AM »

I found out last night I have a two day seminar I have to attend today and tomorrow before I can take the bar in July. Looks like my holiday is over.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2014, 08:55:44 AM »

You reply to it?

That type of thing happened to me, especially with chicks. Scary stuff.

Happens to me all the time, as well. When I get no response, I always assume the worst.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2014, 01:58:09 PM »

Not this again.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »

I'm going to cut my hair one of these days. I know it doesn't sound very fascinating.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »

I have sinusitis. I am hallucinating.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »

I have sinusitis. I am hallucinating.

For you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpn8MANhdLU
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2014, 08:00:48 PM »

I tried In-N-Out in Austin. It was pretty great, but not as good as certain Californians would lead us all to think. Shake Shack still reigns supreme IMO.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2014, 08:19:54 PM »

Nothing beats Shake Shack. I couldn't imagine In and Out being better than the king of all burger restaurants. If only they would open one in the south that isn't Miami.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2014, 11:13:33 PM »

Five Guys is the correct answer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 57  
« previous next »