Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:56:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128852 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2013, 08:37:15 PM »

Good man, Dukey.  Sometimes the little brain wins the battle and with a crazy engaged chick that would be a mess.

Yeah, I didn't want to be THAT guy that sleeps with engaged girls. That's something the slutty girl I was with last would do and have no problems doing it, but I still have a moral compass of some sort.

And Sanchez, yes, she is attractive. I don't mess around with uglies. Regardless, that isn't something I want to do. I'm sure I could have done it, but I don't want to date that girl and I don't want to break up someone's engagement either. That's not my style at all.
Can you have your own Update, Duke? You’re much more interesting than the whole Bushie saga and instead of jeering you, most of us would (hopefully) be rooting for you. It would positive and entertaining.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »

My Update wouldn't be nearly as exciting as Bushie's. I go to school, drink a lot of booze, eat out a lot, and associate with crazy women far too often. I am pretty self aware of my behavior. The thing that made The Update so interesting was that his life is so far removed from what most of us experience. I am pretty sure my life is not that different from many people here, but I could be wrong.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2013, 11:51:27 AM »

My update has been uneventful. I've been going back to the gym full time for a week now, and I'm down 6lbs. I've changed my diet, and I'm feeling better about myself.  Tomorrow I start with my personal trainer, which is gonna be totes cray since he is a former Marine. I just hope this trend will continue.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »

My update has been uneventful. I've been going back to the gym full time for a week now, and I'm down 6lbs. I've changed my diet, and I'm feeling better about myself.  Tomorrow I start with my personal trainer, which is gonna be totes cray since he is a former Marine. I just hope this trend will continue.

Totes cray cray beau! I hope you continue to tone your figure, sweetheart!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2013, 12:32:11 AM »

There's a chance I'll be attending college next fall, instead.

I'm going to have a lot of spare time on my hands.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »

There's a chance I'll be attending college next fall, instead.

I'm going to have a lot of spare time on my hands.

What's your job situation? While working may suck, especially at the level someone such as ourselves might get, it's the best way to occupy yourself and to make money to fund your gas and food. Also, have you considered community college to get rid of some prerequisites?

I'm looking into a job as a transcriber.  Pay's decent, and it's a job I could do really well.  Trust me.  I want to do more than just post on message boards and read Christian history books over the next ten months. Tongue

And yes, community college is on the table.  Right now, my mom and I have to deal with a bunch of things, many of which are personal/family matters.  We just might not be able to cram college visits and such with everything else.  If my dad were still here, it'd be a completely different story.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »

Yesterday after drinking a lot of bourbon, I agreed to be a witness for a friend during his trial ad final. I basically agreed to sit in a room for 3 hours to give a 5 minute testimony. I'm an idiot.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2013, 07:41:25 PM »

Totes cray cray beau! I hope you continue to tone your figure, sweetheart!

Thanks baby! I'm doing it for you!! Although this lack of booze is killing me
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »

I sat across from John Lithgow on the subway today!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »

My exams start a week from today. I won't have much of a thanksgiving holiday. At least I got tomorrow off, but only because my professors cancelled class. RIP Duke.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2013, 07:48:36 PM »

My exams start a week from today. I won't have much of a thanksgiving holiday. At least I got tomorrow off, but only because my professors cancelled class. RIP Duke.

Good luck Dukey. And between then and now, my suggestion is to stay the hell away from this place. It's in a bad patch, and terribly distracting. Focus, focus, on what is really important.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2013, 08:49:57 PM »

Nothing much new in my life... I go to the gym twice a day during the week, and once on the weekends.  My diet has totes changed, and I'm honestly enjoying every second of it.  It feels great to be getting my life back together, and if that means being at the gym at 5 am and again 5:30 pm, so be it.  That's about it for my life I guess....oh yah, it's cold here.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2013, 04:38:32 AM »

I am home.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2013, 05:02:03 PM »

Good luck Dukey. And between then and now, my suggestion is to stay the hell away from this place. It's in a bad patch, and terribly distracting. Focus, focus, on what is really important.

My presence will be very scarce over the next few weeks, especially after Thanksgiving. My Secured Transactions exam is so long the professor is sending it to us the fact pattern 24 hours in advance so we will have time to read it.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2013, 06:20:48 PM »

I saw someone walking a small pig on a leash on Friday while walking around Fort Greene.  Thought it was a small dog at first- then did a double take. 

I wonder what exactly the regulations are for that; I know there are laws against exotic pets here and many other places but I don't know whether a pig qualifies.

IIRC there are laws against walking (mini)pigs.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »

My presence will be very scarce over the next few weeks, especially after Thanksgiving. My Secured Transactions exam is so long the professor is sending it to us the fact pattern 24 hours in advance so we will have time to read it.

If that is about the UCC, rather than mortgages (and secured real estate transactions, or all that stuff about securing law suit judgments by liening assets, seemingly a trivial and simple matter, but actually quite annoying complex and subtle), I got my worst grade in Commercial Transactions. The problem? There were no "hooks." It was a self contained body of little rules, that could not be tied to economic theory, or much of any other theory, or what is just and fair, and doing what is equitable, and all that good stuff, so one could just get the pattern, and fill in the blanks reverting to theory, and then, and so many terms of art to boot. So the students who could master a puzzle palace that was self contained, with their little rat trap brains, some almost savant like, at the University of Michigan Law School, ran circles around me. It was awful!  Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2013, 02:46:22 PM »

That's exactly the class. Commercial transactions with a bit of consumer transactions as well, mainly when dealing with purchase money security interests. It's just a lot of rules, the material itself isn't difficult, but applying the rules that have no rhyme or reason is difficult. Even things like the naming  system with the filing agency seems overly complicated because not everyone follows the rules, and it makes it difficult for everyone involved.

The real kicker will be applying these rules in the UCC to the fact pattern my professor gives us, because there are so many and we will have so little time. It is supposedly the most difficult exam I will have in law school.

They said the same thing about business associations too, but I did well in that because I have a background in economics. Sadly economics doesn't help at all in secured transactions. Sad

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2013, 03:01:55 PM »

...stay the hell away from this place. It's in a bad patch

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »

Thanksgiving whipped my ass Tongue.

We woke up to a dead pit bull (or pig??) under our dock, and my late grandmother's cousin's girlfriend's son tricked me into helping him try to pull it out from the water, which the family did not appreciate. I was told my dad wanted it gone, so I just did what I was told, and everyone freaked the f[inks] out, so that was rather awkward.

My dad's sister and her husband and son came. They brought four bottles of this really bad champagne that nobody liked, so my Aunt and Uncle got hammered. My mom's aunt and my maternal grandma were so revolted by the taste that they wanted me to finish it for them.

My baby cousin from my mother's side was around, and that was fun. She's two now, and her sister is due on Christmas Day. My little brother came home from the group home and enjoyed seeing her, before shutting us all off and hiding in the room on this computer.

I listened to Alice’s Restaurant in the garage on a small radio to escape the madness, but it was still an awesome holiday. Everybody stayed really late this time, which was different. It was also our first thanksgiving (and major family gathering) without our grandma, who passed in May, though that really wasn’t dwelled upon too much.

No political arguments or discussions at all, which was bizarre since everyone in my family is political.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2013, 08:25:51 PM »

Me and my brother just discovered that champagne is pretty strong Tongue. Especially after a whole bottle.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2013, 08:39:52 PM »

Me and my brother just discovered that champagne is pretty strong Tongue. Especially after a whole bottle.

Hey now. Get the aspirin ready, champagne is a rough hangover. 
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2013, 11:06:18 PM »

The liberal church that my Mom grew up in is closing. Disliked the theology, but man was that a beautiful old building.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2013, 11:50:24 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2013, 01:03:21 AM by asexual trans victimologist »

This weekend I'm in principle supposed to be doing this big final assignment for one of my classes--really the only outstanding work I have other than tests--and I'm really freaking out about that because I don't actually know what exactly it is that I'm supposed to do and I'm not sure whether or not the piece of paper I have explaining it is here at home with me. I'm also trying to start actually going through the process of divinity school application.

I also feel like crap about myself in just a general sense.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »

I think I'm gonna grow a beard.
memphis
Atlas Icon