Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:02:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129908 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »

Ugly day. Long story short, my brother stole my car last night and we had a physical confrontation in the garage, where he turned into the Hulk and threw a bike at me. I picked up a hammer and chucked it at him, and of course, my parents take his side and my aunts and grandma take mine. I don't think I'll be back gone until later this week. Things are really heated.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2014, 07:51:41 PM »

I got my prom tux rented. It's a typical tuxedo (extra small, which shocked me a little bit even though I'm 6'2 and 125 pounds) with a silver vest. I wanted a plain black and white tuxedo, but the lady at Men's Warehouse and my mom were really pushing for it, and since my mom was paying for the rental, I felt obliged to go along with it. In hindsight I wish I got a dark blue vest. Also has a silver tie, which I'm not too fond of.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2014, 12:41:41 PM »

It’s called being a skeleton.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »

Great. Looks like this "prom" is at a hotel and might be pretty swanky. Great. Might be expected to follow a certain code of conduct or look particularly non-trashy. This'll be just fantastic.

Aren't all proms at hotels or convention centers? Where else would you have one?
My prom is going to be held at a Country Club.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss, Flo (assuming your grandfather has passed away). I've been keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »

Prom went great; I didn't dance at all until everyone but my friends left, and then I went and had a good time.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2014, 03:12:27 PM »

Wanna change lives for a few months? Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »

I found out today that my brother goes to the same school as Fat Joe Cartenga's daughter (it's a public school designed for special needs students only). I have never heard of Fat Joe, but apparently both my parents have made his acquaintance and are very proud of it. Apparently he’s relatively famous.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »

So, I’ve been holding this in for a while because it’s deeply personal, but my brother has been in a rehab facility for four weeks. Today, my mother and father went for a group therapy session with the patients and their parents, and they met a man who was held captive by FARC for five years in the jungle.  He’s a fairly famous prisoner, actually. I won’t name the book he wrote or who he is for obvious reasons, but he has a relative in the same center with my younger brother. I actually remember seeing him on TV quite a bit after his release, and my parents spent a good deal of time talking with him.

Please, I know it’s obvious, but I rather not have this leave the confines of this forum. I’m adjusting to everything slowly, but my whole family has been through a lot. My parents were fighting for three weeks straight, I have lost my appetite and my sleep schedule, and my grandmother (who has been in frail health due to her stress regarding her upcoming retirement and the unfortunate circumstances surrounding it) has really been taking a toll from it as well. My youngest brother doesn’t understand what’s going on, but I know he realizes his older brother hasn’t been at home on the weekends when he visits. I’m sure he’s quite confused as well.

On the bright side, my mom (who never had a drinking problem) has decided to quit drinking to support my brother, and my brother is resolving some deep issues that he has been keeping in for a very, very long time. The news since he went into the rehab has been nothing but good news, and I talked to him two weeks ago on the phone. He should be out in a month or so, and I can’t wait for him to get out soon enough. I'm willing to share this now due to the interesting people my parents have encountered, but I really want to keep it on the down-low for the most part.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2014, 11:18:43 PM »

PBS is the biggest f[inks]ing scam on the planet.

Paid for by viewers like YOU!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2014, 12:25:16 AM »

Realmente espero que usted esta siendo sarcastico
No, I'm not. I watched a two hour Grateful Dead concert that 30 minutes of music and ninety of some old woman asking for money. Even if I gave a donation, they'd still screw me by wasting all that time demanding money from those who haven't donated. The only way this can be solved is if PBS got full funding or goes subscriber only like HBO or Sirius XM.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:04 PM »

So I graduated from high school yesterday. The ceremony was...moving. Our class president took a selfie on stage in front of everyone which so far has over 300 likes on Facebook.

ugh
Large selfies are the worst. They did the same at our prom, and I couldn't stand it. Taking a picture with five or six people isn't so bad...but three hundred is just asinine.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »

No, I'm not. I watched a two hour Grateful Dead concert that 30 minutes of music and ninety of some old woman asking for money. Even if I gave a donation, they'd still screw me by wasting all that time demanding money from those who haven't donated. The only way this can be solved is if PBS got full funding or goes subscriber only like HBO or Sirius XM.

"Yo llegue a ver un concierto gratuito por PBS!"

"Si usted dona diez dólares, estaramos capaces de seguir al aire este programa y otros similares."

"Oh, no! Me estan pidiendo que donen para que puedan *jadeos* AIRE MAS PROGRAMACION??? ESTO ES UN ULTRAJE!"
1. It was not a concert. It was six songs totaling sixty minutes, and ninety minutes of requests for money.
2. Suppose I donate. I still have to watch an hour and a half of requests for more money from the remainder of the viewers.
3. I have this concert as part of a DVD set of Grateful Dead shows that I got for Christmas last year; I’ve watched it enough times to know that they cut out most of the good stuff that Deadheads (IE, the Paulites of the rock world) would love.

So how is this “free” when they aren’t airing a quality program? How is it fair for the people who support PBS when they have to wade through the hours of money requests from those who don’t pay? I only watched this because I was too lazy to get the DVD and it happened to be on. I wouldn’t have paid to watch it when I already own it, keep in mind. Clearly, PBS needs to be privatized, the rights of the useful, uninterrupted educational children’s programming sold to NBC, and the rest of PBS needs to be converted into a subscriber service, since most of PBS’s devoted viewers are also devoted donors. Why should they suffer through the money requests to people like me who aren’t going to pay for this?

So, in short, it was not a free program-it wasn't a program. It was PBS using the Grateful Dead (who allowed fans to film and record all of their concerts and didn't try to profit off their audience anymore than what was needed to keep the band afloat) to hit people for money. It violated the very spirit of the Grateful Dead, and the sad thing was is that this is supposed to be Public television-if it's for everybody, it should be quality television.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2014, 01:16:43 AM »

"Yo llegue a ver un concierto gratuito por PBS!"

"Si usted dona diez dólares, estaramos capaces de seguir al aire este programa y otros similares."

"Oh, no! Me estan pidiendo que donen para que puedan *jadeos* AIRE MAS PROGRAMACION??? ESTO ES UN ULTRAJE!"
1. It was not a concert. It was six songs totaling sixty minutes, and ninety minutes of requests for money.
2. Suppose I donate. I still have to watch an hour and a half of requests for more money from the remainder of the viewers.
3. I have this concert as part of a DVD set of Grateful Dead shows that I got for Christmas last year; I’ve watched it enough times to know that they cut out most of the good stuff that Deadheads (IE, the Paulites of the rock world) would love.

So how is this “free” when they aren’t airing a quality program? How is it fair for the people who support PBS when they have to wade through the hours of money requests from those who don’t pay? I only watched this because I was too lazy to get the DVD and it happened to be on. I wouldn’t have paid to watch it when I already own it, keep in mind. Clearly, PBS needs to be privatized, the rights of the useful, uninterrupted educational children’s programming sold to NBC, and the rest of PBS needs to be converted into a subscriber service, since most of PBS’s devoted viewers are also devoted donors. Why should they suffer through the money requests to people like me who aren’t going to pay for this?

So, in short, it was not a free program-it wasn't a program. It was PBS using the Grateful Dead (who allowed fans to film and record all of their concerts and didn't try to profit off their audience anymore than what was needed to keep the band afloat) to hit people for money. It violated the very spirit of the Grateful Dead, and the sad thing was is that this is supposed to be Public television-if it's for everybody, it should be quality television.

Creo que la unica cosa aceptable para hacer en ese momento es poner una pistola en la cabeza de la gente quienes no donan nada (por favor no privatizar la television publica).

Solución justa, pero ¿por qué estamos hablando en español?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2014, 07:09:36 PM »

Good luck indeed; I worked fast food last summer and lasted six weeks. I moved 20,000 pounds worth of concrete with my dad yesterday in 91 degree heat and enjoyed it more Tongue. Less pressure and forklifts are pretty fun.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »

I ruined my voice by doing a pretty dead-on impression of Tom Waits for my best friend today, and then strained it further when Tom Waits was mentioned on Jeopardy when my dad and I were watching it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2014, 07:56:26 PM »

I learned how to play the opening part of "Blowing in the Wind" on harmonica.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »

The chick I went to formal with (and who took me to her formal) is now in an relationship. Looks like it's Jim Beam on the menu tonight. And work tomorrow. Urgh. Why couldn't she get wifed up on a weeknight?
Been there done that...but it was with Jack and RC Cola and instead of work it was at the 20th Annual YeeHaw Junction Bluegrass Festival. Also, the girl in question was going with my friend, and then she went to prom with another one of my friends Tongue.

May I suggest you listen to this for an evening of entertainment?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXYyeUz5Fw8

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2014, 12:53:38 PM »

The chick I went to formal with (and who took me to her formal) is now in an relationship. Looks like it's Jim Beam on the menu tonight. And work tomorrow. Urgh. Why couldn't she get wifed up on a weeknight?
Been there done that...but it was with Jack and RC Cola and instead of work it was at the 20th Annual YeeHaw Junction Bluegrass Festival. Also, the girl in question was going with my friend, and then she went to prom with another one of my friends Tongue.

May I suggest you listen to this for an evening of entertainment?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXYyeUz5Fw8

I thank you for your encouragement. Luckily, I don't work with her (how could she do demo anyway?), but that does mean I have to wake up and be in a state of good hydration all day tomorrow. I may need to make a smokes run soon. Wanna come with? Watching my housemate play football video games will only go so far.
Hell yeah, I'll get in my car and get up there in about three days!

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2014, 06:49:51 PM »

The longest political phone call this year: 12 minutes and 26 seconds. Very nice woman, very angry at Jeb Bush, especially for HMO's, will not vote for Charlie, didn't realize there was going to be a primary, only thought Charlie was running.
Ugh, those are the worst. I got threatened with arrest because I redialed a woman once Tongue. Phone banking was the worst part of my campaign experience.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2014, 09:00:03 PM »

Went over and carried my grandma's groceries up and her garbage down, then stayed and talked with her for two hours like I do twice a week. Despite the health scare on Christmas, she seems as healthy as ever, and my mom needs to quit bothering her about things. Who here has a 72 year old grandma who doesn't get tired when they walk up a flight of stairs? I'm 18 for God's sake and even I hate climbing the stairs to her apartment!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2014, 02:26:18 PM »

Life is just collapsing sound me. I haven't shaved since early May, and I'm having human interaction maybe once or twice a week. I've also adopted this 1 meal a day diet because I don't really have time to do anything otherwise. I have decided to start cooking some type of dish at the beginning of the week and living off that for a few days.

I'm a mess. This whole process is just insane.
This is pretty much my life right now, except I'm smoking a lot and I'm not actually preparing for something important Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2014, 07:13:55 PM »

Life is just collapsing sound me. I haven't shaved since early May, and I'm having human interaction maybe once or twice a week. I've also adopted this 1 meal a day diet because I don't really have time to do anything otherwise. I have decided to start cooking some type of dish at the beginning of the week and living off that for a few days.

This is pretty much my life right now, except I'm smoking a lot and I'm not actually preparing for something important Tongue.

STAHP!

I honestly don't understand how anyone born after 1980 or so would consider smoking an appropriate activity, let alone do it "a lot."
I'm gonna admit that I included that just to troll you a little bit Tongue.

STAHP!

I honestly don't understand how anyone born after 1980 or so would consider smoking an appropriate activity, let alone do it "a lot."

You're the biggest f#ckomg hater, dude. Just got back from a ten hour day that I worked while I have a have a f#cking nail-head in my foot. Stop giving people shyte for Christ's sake.
A lot of people work ten hour days and don't smoke, of course. While I agree with you in principle, I don't see the harm in his criticism. Though I can imagine you would want to have a smoke right about now if you're anything like me.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »

My Inks/Thatcher thread is quickly reminding me why I shouldn't try to be funny.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2014, 10:26:49 PM »

Tin House Magazine rejected my submission Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies