Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:37:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 130466 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2014, 12:41:08 PM »

Today, American Express called me to tell me I was under financial review and requested to see my income tax returns from the last 2 years. The rep explained that they wanted to make sure I could "support my spending." I explained to them that I was a law student and made very little income, but I received income from a trust fund and my parents and have for the last 3 years. She told me they only would consider my earned income and said in worst cases, they would SHUT DOWN the account.

I've had this card since I was in high school. I've never heard of a credit card company asking for stuff like this. I have never missed a payment nor did I run a balance on the card. I am going to send them my tax info along with my bank account and trust statements, but this is just bizarre. If they only look at my income tax returns where I made like $8K last year, they'll definitely close my account. Part of me wants to just tell them thanks but no thanks and take my business elsewhere.

This sounds like a scam.  Call AMEX to verify.

It was them. I called their main office because my card was suspended from charging, and they transferred me to their review department. The woman said she didn't care about my trust or the fact that my parents were paying my bills while I was in law school; she said she needed to see my personal income...

I am going to send them my return release and I was honest about my current situation in that I worked for a wage last summer but worked pro bono the summer before. If they want to close my card, so be it. I've heard Chase has some good benefits with their cards. I've just never heard of a card company doing something like that to someone who hasn't missed any payments.

When you're a rich mob lawyer I'd tell AMEX to go f[inks] themselves before ever getting one again.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »

Stopped on my way to Philly to have lunch with Uncle angus.  Always good to hang out with him for a bit.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »

Starting my first day of work tomorrow. Bought some trousers today. Hopefully the free welcome breakfast is good.
What are you going to do Lief?

Call center, perhaps?  Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2014, 07:32:37 AM »

I'm spending my Father's Day weekend golfing drinking and grilling. Ahhhhhhhh.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2014, 10:21:55 AM »

I'm spending my Father's Day weekend golfing drinking and grilling. Ahhhhhhhh.

sounds like the best time!

It was beyond amazing, believe me. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2014, 11:28:40 AM »

Unlike our dear friend who is going to transition from nap to nap I am going to transition from beer to bourbon to martinis. Then I'm going to have a delicious grilled salmon dinner. Tomorrow night a big thick dry aged ribeye.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »

Car broke down on the way to work, had to get it towed. Found out later today that I won't be able to travel out-of-state due to something called a "court date".

Frat related?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2014, 09:05:26 AM »

I don't have anywhere else but here to semi-publicly say that I am going to soon shake hands with Mr. Polyamory. How terrifying and exciting for me and disgusting for everyone else!

Sounds too complicated for my simple mind to deal with, but the very best of luck to you.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2014, 02:20:56 PM »

I've already told a few people this privately but I've hesitated to tell the forum at large. I'm finally going the distance and going through a gender-presentation transition. (I'd use a less queer-theory-ese term for this but as it turns out none are really accurate.)

I'm not exactly sure what all that means, but best wishes, of course.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2014, 09:35:36 AM »

Grumps, thank you and it honestly means a lot to me that you'd offer your best wishes despite not entirely understanding the situation.

I don't think anyone truly understands another's situation, and I suspect you mostly agree.  As long as you're doing what you think is best for yourself and what will make you happy, you're on the right path.  We all should support each other's journey down that path.  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2014, 10:45:14 AM »

RIP Grumpy Gramps II, USMC Ret.   FF.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2014, 12:14:31 PM »

Just returned to the office from my father's funeral.  Bless his soul he left us with a dry cool sunny day to say goodbye........now, back to real life.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies