Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:13:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129824 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 06:03:17 PM »

I hate my job. Today I got a taste of how truly vicious and backstabbing lawyers can be, even to the point of hurting their own clients' interests for the sake of being vindictive and petty. I will not elaborate here for sake of client privilege, but I am going to be seeking new employment, hopefully in a different city.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »

Found out that my brother is leaving for college at the end of the week. I'm happy for him, but at the same time it kind of brings back memories of my own college experience, which I was rather dissatisfied with.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 11:31:35 AM »

My depression seems to be worsening again.  I don't have much energy or much of an appetite.

Suicide is something you never think you'd actually consider, but sometimes people feel so terrible that that life doesn't seem worth it, and I can understand a little bit how they feel. 

Been there. PM if you need to talk.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »

This is very sappy but meh;

I had a very snuggly day with Michael. In bed, snacks, crappy YouTube videos and kicking him with my leg if he took too much of the blanket. There was no effort but it was a superb.

You ate snacks in bed? Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2014, 02:55:14 PM »

Leaving for Massachusetts in less than 24 hours

Where are you going to college?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2014, 02:04:41 PM »

Oh yes, and I fully expect the 'racist' accusations to pop up any minute now.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic at all here, but if your roommate is black, please say it directly. There's nothing wrong with pointing it out; black people and white people are different culturally. On the other hand, it is wrong to use racially coded language to imply that he's black ("gangsta", "hood"), so don't do that. If he's not black, then it just sounds odd to use those words.

I take issue with your statement that "black people and white people are different culturally."  That's a broad generalization.  Yes, he happens to be black.  Yes, he happens to enjoy rap and hip hop.  We'd be just as different from each other if he were white or I were black.  And for the record, I would've used the same language despite his race -- it doesn't sound odd to me if used in that context, personally.

Come on Scott, you don't see how describing your black roommate as "gangsta" and "from the hood" might make people a little uncomfortable? I'm not saying you were being consciously malicious but that kind of language is a bit troubling. I don't think anyone associated "gangsta"/"hood" with the idea that your roommate might be anything other than black, expressed in a strange wink, nudge manner.

For all we know, the black roommate is on some other forum talking about how he's got a white roommate and hopefully he won't stay up all night playing Mumford & Sons or go off on a spree shooting in a fit of manic-depressive rage as the males of the Caucasian race are so apt to do.

My roommate my senior year of college was black and we got along fine, but every now and then I would do something that seemed to set off the "white" alarm in his head. Like one time we were having some discussion where I kept referring to "economically disadvantaged" people and he was like, "You know, there's a much shorter, easier way to describe those people - poor. Say poor. P-O-O-R." And once when I got upset with him for not using the plant-based biodegradable trash bags that I bought for the kitchen, he gave me this "White people be cray" look.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2014, 03:04:27 PM »

The whole idea of moving away to live in a dorm for college seems to be largely an American phenomenon, yes (Canada too?).

I guess it's because we basically had no universities apart from those in the northeast up until the mid/late 18th century. Land was cheap and abundant out in rural areas, which made that an attractive alternative to locating a university in a major city. And a lot of our state universities were established to train farmers and do agricultural research, so they would obviously be located in small towns or rural areas.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2014, 08:10:51 PM »

I do so enjoy it when a black Republican accuses people of being racist.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »

I do so enjoy it when a black Republican accuses people of being racist.

Huh

Hack.

I'm a hack for pointing out that you're offended by what Scott said but don't seem bothered by what your own party's members and officials say and do constantly regarding stereotypes of black people?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »

I'm voting for the first time ever tomorrow. Do I get like a medal from you guys or something?

Sure, if you vote Democrat. Wink
In November I'll vote for the Democratic State Senator from my area, Maria Sachs Tongue.

Anywho, it was very underwhelming. I walked in, the guy took five hours to find my ballot and than spent another five hours staring at my ID while the old lady from three houses down from me stood in line next to me to vote in the Democratic primary. I connected the arrows on the paper ballot, handed it to the lady, got a fancy little sticker, watched her put it into the machine, and went on my merry way.

You live in Florida, so I honestly don't know if you're using hyperbole or not. You guys really do suck at administering elections. If it were up to me we'd send in the UN to do it for you like we do to developing countries that have only had like a tenth of the time to assemble democratic institutions.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 01:28:58 AM »

Y'know, LeBron, most dudes would be excited to be surrounded by chicks and have so little competition in any club they joined.

Generally lesbians are not interested in having sex with gay men though. Actually from my experience having many gay male friends, they usually hate lesbians and vice versa.

I've always found it odd that while gay men and straight women can be such compatible friends, you never see gay female-straight male friendships. If anything, your "typical" gay man often feels perfectly at ease around the opposite sex and may prefer the company of women to the company of men (in a non-sexual context), while lesbians often seem to avoid men in general at all costs.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 12:26:23 AM »

I saw John Adams take a selfie earlier tonight.

The ghost of the former president, or the composer of Nixon In China?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »

My last girlfriend made me gay.. so.. there is that.

I'm not entirely sure that's how it works... but welcome to the club! Cheesy

She worked wonders.. but thanks! I still haven't gotten my blender or my membership card yet.

Is there anyone on this forum who isn't gay at this point?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 10:41:37 PM »

I thought pretty much all college campuses were smoke-free at this point.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies