Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:07:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 131056 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 12:59:55 PM »

I was nominated for teacher of the year. That was pretty awesome.

Congrats!

I've now entered the last desperate days of revision before my exams begin (on Monday). I'm confident (ish) that I know my stuff and what I've got to do. But still, it's not a nice time Sad

It's not very fun Sad

I hope I make a good impression tomorrow.  Get to spend some time with my girlfriend's daughter for the first time while out fishing.  I've been advised to bring safety glasses as apparently she can be a bit wild with her Barbie fishing rod.

That's really adorable

Got drunk for the first time in my life yesterday! That was amazing. Cheesy

How old are you?

That's really unnecessary
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 06:54:14 PM »

I just kind of snapped at my brother today, and I'm not supposed to since he has aspergers and I don't want to make him more distrustful of people, and I just said a lot of things that I should have never said.

what the hell is wrong with me
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 07:20:35 PM »

I just kind of snapped at my brother today, and I'm not supposed to since he has aspergers and I don't want to make him more distrustful of people, and I just said a lot of things that I should have never said.

what the hell is wrong with me

What prompted that? I mean, having Aspergers myself, I know we can really act like dicks sometimes. Tongue If your brother knows you love him, he should be fine. Just give him a full, sincere apology and a good hug. Smiley

He kept throwing things like pots, pans, food, and after I told him to stop, he commented on my appearances and then I just snapped. It's just he does the same thing every day and I took it out on him.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »

PBS is the biggest f[inks]ing scam on the planet.

Paid for by viewers like YOU!

Realmente espero que usted esta siendo sarcastico
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 08:39:46 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2014, 08:48:55 PM by Flo »

No, I'm not. I watched a two hour Grateful Dead concert that 30 minutes of music and ninety of some old woman asking for money. Even if I gave a donation, they'd still screw me by wasting all that time demanding money from those who haven't donated. The only way this can be solved is if PBS got full funding or goes subscriber only like HBO or Sirius XM.

"Yo llegue a ver un concierto gratuito por PBS!"

"Si usted dona diez dólares, estaramos capaces de seguir al aire este programa y otros similares."

"Oh, no! Me estan pidiendo que donen para que puedan *jadeos* AIRE MAS PROGRAMACION??? ESTO ES UN ULTRAJE!"
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2014, 12:36:43 AM »

No, I'm not. I watched a two hour Grateful Dead concert that 30 minutes of music and ninety of some old woman asking for money. Even if I gave a donation, they'd still screw me by wasting all that time demanding money from those who haven't donated. The only way this can be solved is if PBS got full funding or goes subscriber only like HBO or Sirius XM.

"Si usted dona diez dólares, estaramos capaces de seguir al aire este programa y otros similares."

"Oh, no! Me estan pidiendo que donen para que puedan *jadeos* AIRE MAS PROGRAMACION??? ESTO ES UN ULTRAJE!"
1. It was not a concert. It was six songs totaling sixty minutes, and ninety minutes of requests for money.
2. Suppose I donate. I still have to watch an hour and a half of requests for more money from the remainder of the viewers.
3. I have this concert as part of a DVD set of Grateful Dead shows that I got for Christmas last year; I’ve watched it enough times to know that they cut out most of the good stuff that Deadheads (IE, the Paulites of the rock world) would love.

So how is this “free” when they aren’t airing a quality program? How is it fair for the people who support PBS when they have to wade through the hours of money requests from those who don’t pay? I only watched this because I was too lazy to get the DVD and it happened to be on. I wouldn’t have paid to watch it when I already own it, keep in mind. Clearly, PBS needs to be privatized, the rights of the useful, uninterrupted educational children’s programming sold to NBC, and the rest of PBS needs to be converted into a subscriber service, since most of PBS’s devoted viewers are also devoted donors. Why should they suffer through the money requests to people like me who aren’t going to pay for this?

So, in short, it was not a free program-it wasn't a program. It was PBS using the Grateful Dead (who allowed fans to film and record all of their concerts and didn't try to profit off their audience anymore than what was needed to keep the band afloat) to hit people for money. It violated the very spirit of the Grateful Dead, and the sad thing was is that this is supposed to be Public television-if it's for everybody, it should be quality television.

Creo que la unica cosa aceptable para hacer en ese momento es poner una pistola en la cabeza de la gente quienes no donan nada (por favor no privatizar la television publica).
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2014, 10:21:28 AM »

1. It was not a concert. It was six songs totaling sixty minutes, and ninety minutes of requests for money.
2. Suppose I donate. I still have to watch an hour and a half of requests for more money from the remainder of the viewers.
3. I have this concert as part of a DVD set of Grateful Dead shows that I got for Christmas last year; I’ve watched it enough times to know that they cut out most of the good stuff that Deadheads (IE, the Paulites of the rock world) would love.

So how is this “free” when they aren’t airing a quality program? How is it fair for the people who support PBS when they have to wade through the hours of money requests from those who don’t pay? I only watched this because I was too lazy to get the DVD and it happened to be on. I wouldn’t have paid to watch it when I already own it, keep in mind. Clearly, PBS needs to be privatized, the rights of the useful, uninterrupted educational children’s programming sold to NBC, and the rest of PBS needs to be converted into a subscriber service, since most of PBS’s devoted viewers are also devoted donors. Why should they suffer through the money requests to people like me who aren’t going to pay for this?

So, in short, it was not a free program-it wasn't a program. It was PBS using the Grateful Dead (who allowed fans to film and record all of their concerts and didn't try to profit off their audience anymore than what was needed to keep the band afloat) to hit people for money. It violated the very spirit of the Grateful Dead, and the sad thing was is that this is supposed to be Public television-if it's for everybody, it should be quality television.

Creo que la unica cosa aceptable para hacer en ese momento es poner una pistola en la cabeza de la gente quienes no donan nada (por favor no privatizar la television publica).

Solución justa, pero ¿por qué estamos hablando en español?

No hay una buena razon para no hacerlo.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2014, 04:23:51 PM »

I just applied for a job at McDonalds Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2014, 10:09:32 PM »

Good luck indeed; I worked fast food last summer and lasted six weeks. I moved 20,000 pounds worth of concrete with my dad yesterday in 91 degree heat and enjoyed it more Tongue. Less pressure and forklifts are pretty fun.

Thanks Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 11:37:43 PM »

Tomando el ACT's. Deseame suerte Tongue
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 08:46:00 AM »

I saw a girl at the gym today watch the Food Network whilst on the treadmill. What does this mean? I feel like it says something about her. And I don't think a lot of my classmates at college would approve of it. And I've so thoroughly immersed myself in that culture I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it myself. Do people like that still exist in this part of the country? Is it indicative of a certain attitude or am I over-thinking this as usual?

What culture disapproves of a woman at the gym watching food network? Why do you need your classmates to approve of someone you think you have a connection with?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 09:28:03 AM »

Who said I had a cconnection with her? I just found it strange. Should I find it strange? Does this make me a feminist?

By the way you're talking it seemed like you had a connection, it really shouldn't be strange to see a woman at the gym, and you really shouldn't overthink these things.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 05:55:37 PM »

The longest political phone call this year: 12 minutes and 26 seconds. Very nice woman, very angry at Jeb Bush, especially for HMO's, will not vote for Charlie, didn't realize there was going to be a primary, only thought Charlie was running.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 02:36:04 AM »

I decided to tell my crush that I really liked him and long story short, I'm in a relationship Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2014, 08:16:07 PM »

Just been diagnosed with Lyme disease... and I'm supposed to be on the road for college tomorrow.

Damn, that sucks.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2014, 07:58:29 AM »

So my sister is engaged, and she will be getting married next September. Well the problem is the groom and his family wants a big wedding that will cost tens of thousands of dollars, and neither of them can afford a wedding that costs that much, so the family now wants to rent out a church, that alone costs $5000. Our family just wants them to have a small wedding in their backyard, because our view is that you don't need a fancy wedding, as long as you love the person you'll be good to go no matter how you get married. My aunt didn't even have a wedding, she went to court with her fiancee, brought both parents, and got married. Now my sister's fiancee's family is the spoiled rich kid type, most of them have not faced financial difficulty before in their lives, our family comes from working class roots, so many of us are raised that spending money is bad unless it's necessary, so a lot of us were shocked to hear that they wanted to have a big fancy wedding when we wanted a small one with a few guests that are close to the bride and the groom.

So how do we convince the groom and his family that they would be better off with a small wedding?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »

I went up to get some things at the gas station on the corner, and I guess a family decided to let their six year old pump the gas. The kid decided he would try drinking it...the ambulence arrived at the same moment I walked in the door.

Why would they let a six year old pump gas?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 05:57:38 PM »

I just got offered a job (to teach English - in a legit place) in Medellín, Colombia! I have one month to think about it and consider it, but it sounds pretty damn enticing (not a good pay, but accommodation+internet and food 2x day 6x week is included).

Would it be a temporary or a permanent job? How much per hour?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2014, 12:51:06 AM »

I found out that on October 25th, I'll be a D-HI thanks to a new position with my job!

Congrats!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2014, 01:55:07 PM »

Also, my heart goes out to you, Sanchez, Grumps, and Hagrid.  I'm sorry to hear all the bad news this weekend.

I share the sentiment with Scott. It's very hard to lose loved ones, and I sincerely wish you all the best during this tough time in your lives.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2014, 11:28:08 AM »

I'm going to my aunts wedding tomorrow Grin

She and her girlfriend are some of the sweetest people I have ever met
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »

The barn so far

While they were cleaning out my grandfather's house, they found this.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2014, 10:26:13 PM »

Yeah, a lot of people have really bad colds here. The temperature seems to have dropped 10 degrees all of a sudden, and it's thrown a lot of people off.

In other news, me and my guyfriend are doing well. Being happy is kind of nice. Smiley

Grin
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2014, 10:18:54 PM »

So one of my co workers smells, he has this odor with him and it even kind of stays behind when he leaves. There is a chair in the break room that he always sits in and it smells, I actually accidentally sat in it on Friday. The elevator smells after he is on it. I don't really want to say anything surely he knows it? He is a really nice person. He is very overweight like 300 plus pounds.

You could always buy a stick of deodorant and put it on his desk and write "from a friend" on it.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »

I might be moving back to New Jersey Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies