Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:31:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129045 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »

I play games over on Kongregate and they'll recommend games based on what games you've indicated you like.  However this recommendation struck me as a bit odd:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
It's hard for me to imagine two more dissimilar games.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 02:26:01 PM »

Ugh.  I'm in the Federal jury pool for the next two years.  Ah well, hopefully I won't get called, or if I do get called, it won't be for a sequestered jury.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2014, 11:01:45 AM »

Had a cheesy sweet nothing to say to my girlfriend last night, but she liked it, which is all that matters.  "When I'm with you I'm worried I'll get Lou Gehrig's Disease because when I'm with you I feel like I'm the luckiest man in the world."
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 08:45:48 PM »

I hope I make a good impression tomorrow.  Get to spend some time with my girlfriend's daughter for the first time while out fishing.  I've been advised to bring safety glasses as apparently she can be a bit wild with her Barbie fishing rod.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »

I hope I make a good impression tomorrow.  Get to spend some time with my girlfriend's daughter for the first time while out fishing.  I've been advised to bring safety glasses as apparently she can be a bit wild with her Barbie fishing rod.

You seem to be rather fond of this girl, congrats and have fun.

I haven't even met her, tho I certainly have enjoyed spending time with her mother. Wink Unfortunately, I can't say what I feel about her mother because I'd be infracted for excessive hyperbole.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2014, 10:57:01 AM »

Overheard this gem today: "It's so sad... did you know that out of all 52 states, Nevada is #48 in education quality."

Point proven, I suppose.

I could see them saying out of all 51 states, if you treated DC as if it were a state, which it often is for those sorts of reports.  However, the only report I googled that had Nevada in 48th place had it in 48th in 2008 and had since fallen to 51st.  Tho maybe it has gotten bad enough to be 52nd out of 51 states.  It certainly will be nice to be able to thank God for another State besides Mississippi.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 10:02:36 PM »

Got drunk for the first time in my life yesterday! That was amazing. Cheesy

Never getting drunk before the age of 21 is truly even worse than still being a virgin by 21.
I'm 48 and I'm fairly certain I've never been drunk.  I've certainly never had a hangover, and I don't recall ever having more than three drinks in a single evening.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 06:34:48 PM »

My high-on housemates are talking about God now...

Anything interesting, or just the usual plagues, deluges, and invasions to punish us for our wicked ways?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 12:36:05 AM »

I'm going to Governor's School tomorrow, so look forward to me posting less! Smiley
I know I'll be looking forward to that.  Wink
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 12:59:59 AM »

My girlfriend's vacation with her family looks to be impacted enough by Arthur to ruin Thursday at the beach, but not bad enough to send them home early, so it's the worst of both worlds.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »

I'm giving it a go at reviving the Survivor board with a chemical element survivor.  At the very least, it'll give the newbies who haven't seen one a chance to see what they are like.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »

Had the odd realization this evening that you can basically sing the lyrics to The Brady Bunch to the theme from Godfather.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2014, 08:23:01 PM »

Speaking of racism, I need to find some new friends who are not racist. I'm so terrible at making new friends though.

Well, election maps won't help you make new friends.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2014, 07:34:43 AM »

Seen, on the street near my house - no rural area - as I left to catch the bus at about 8 AM this morning: one (1) chicken, crossing the road.

It's permitted to keep them, but I don't think the idea is that they get out into traffic...

Were you able to determine why it was crossing the road?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 10:47:03 PM »

Even though halloween is still a couple weeks away, I already know what I'm going as.  I going as Gandalf the Rainbow.  It is also when I'm coming out to a few more people.

It was Saruman who was the wizard of rainbows.
Quote from: Restricted
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2014, 10:41:35 PM »

Even though halloween is still a couple weeks away, I already know what I'm going as.  I going as Gandalf the Rainbow.  It is also when I'm coming out to a few more people.

Oh, I know that, but most people don't.  That's why I'm going as a gay Gandalf who is also rainbow.  Much easier to explain.

That's a horrible costume.

No.  The costume is fine, but the backstory is horrible.  For any non-Tolkien fanatics he meets, calling himself a gay rainbow Gandalf isn't going to make his costume seem any different than if he just called himself a gay rainbow wizard.  But he'll have to put up with insufferable Tolkien fans such as myself who will point out that Saruman was the Wizard of Many Colors and not Gandalf.  Unless the whole point of the exercise is to find out who among his friends are fellow Tolkien geeks, I just don't see the point.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2014, 11:50:49 PM »

Oh, I know that, but most people don't.  That's why I'm going as a gay Gandalf who is also rainbow.  Much easier to explain.

That's a horrible costume.

No.  The costume is fine, but the backstory is horrible.  For any non-Tolkien fanatics he meets, calling himself a gay rainbow Gandalf isn't going to make his costume seem any different than if he just called himself a gay rainbow wizard.  But he'll have to put up with insufferable Tolkien fans such as myself who will point out that Saruman was the Wizard of Many Colors and not Gandalf.  Unless the whole point of the exercise is to find out who among his friends are fellow Tolkien geeks, I just don't see the point.
The point is to come out to people.  So I'm using rainbows and someone everyone recognizes.  Is it the best idea, no, but it works.

But only Tolkien nerds would recognize Gandalf, and as I said, for them a rainbow outfit will scream Saruman more than it will gay.  Please, keep the costume but lose any mention of Gandalf when you tell people who you are when you're in it.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 10:43:51 PM »

I hate allergy season.  (For me this time of year is allergy season.) Despite taking a bunch of stuff, I still had fun with a runny nose today (moderately better than a clogged nose).  Plus I couldn't fully enjoy the trivia contest at the bar tonight.  Our table won three rounds of shots, but I didn't want any alcohol to go with the medicine (I was already feeling somewhat loopy even before going in the bar) so I let other people at my table have the shots I won.  We normally do well enough that my usual order is only a diet coke and some waffle fries, plus something alcoholic to drink if we don't do well in the early rounds.  Since I have a fair distance to drive afterward, I don't want too much alcohol in my system.  Even with no alcohol tonight, I was not in the best of shape driving wise tonight.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2014, 05:43:12 PM »

Allergies in my case, but they still suck.  On the bright side, the allergy/cold medicine I'm taking for the symptoms gave me a very vivid dream that could be the opening sequence of a police procedural TV show.  One set about ten to twenty years ago, when "push to talk" was a cool feature some cell phones tried to sell people about.  Frantic family (dad, son, daughter) worried about their missing mom, she's not answering her phone.  Son tells dad to try the push to talk function in the manner of a clumsy product placement.  He tries and hears the chime coming from the other side of the apartment front door.  He goes to open it, but sees there a cop, one with her phone in his pocket, there to tell him the bad news.  Some other details before and after that scene, which aren't all that logical (after all, it is a dream).
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2014, 06:52:50 PM »

Well as you can see, (if you have sigs enabled), I went thru the ballot today and decided who I'll be voting for in November.  4 Republicans, 4 Democrats, and 3 independents/third party.  Of all of them, the one I'm most thankful for is Geddings in the SC-2 race.  If it was just between Joe "You Lie" Wilson and Phil "DINO" Black, I might well have ended up voting for Wilson.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 11:24:43 AM »

I might be moving back to New Jersey Tongue

This Update is supposed to be Less Boring, not More Boring.  Kindly avoid mentioning New Jersey.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2014, 08:43:37 AM »

Looks like I may have damaged a very crucial organ. Ugh, this is just terrible.
Cirrhosis of the liver or something else?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2014, 12:28:07 AM »

For the record I would never buy a Mountain Dew 12-pack or wear a Slayer shirt.
I was merely assuming BRTD had hacked your account.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies