Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:58:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 130451 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 02:22:43 PM »

Frat fight?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »

Long story short, I made some stupid comment to a guy while he was intoxicated. This began a series of escalations  that lasted maybe an hour--unsure on timeframe. I was taken downstairs by two brothers to "train" for the allegedly oncoming boxing match at one point, and rather than get into a real fight, I took a bunch out on my "trainer" who was easily beaten. Thus, the thumb. Much later, rather than actually go after the guy I was supposed to fight, I decided that punching a wall would be a much better idea--a fight could've gotten very ugly, even uglier than the awful situation already was, plus it'd require me to use more than anger, but effort as well. A few minutes later I noticed my hand was bleeding. The guy called me this morning before a class and things seem relatively patched up. He's almost always a cool guy except when his "drunk asshole" version comes out.

These are the days that Uncle Grumps, HP, doesn't look so dumb.  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 02:05:29 PM »

I'm thinking Lief struck paydirt with all the gossipy putanas.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 09:10:56 AM »

Wow, this forum seems to be full of drunkards who like posting when they are intoxicated Tongue.

Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 09:19:43 AM »

The Duh Award?  Hmmm. It might not translate well.  It just means you made an observation which people would think "of course, is it not obvious that this is true?"  

Better?  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 11:33:25 AM »

I'll admit Sawx,  your post gives me a headache trying to understand it.  But the goddamn gif in your signature make it impossible to understand your point with a pounding headache.  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »

^^^^^^^Ahem.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »

You need to stop putting yourself in positions which will, and are, getting you into full time trouble.  Is this not obvious?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 01:26:53 PM »

Went downtown to the Courthouse to pick up the renewal for my concealed carry permit.  First in line for the 8AM start time, so I was back at work before 9.  All set for another 5 years.  Man the picture on it sucks.  Ugh, I wasn't fully awake.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »

Went downtown to the Courthouse to pick up the renewal for my concealed carry permit.  First in line for the 8AM start time, so I was back at work before 9.  All set for another 5 years.  Man the picture on it sucks.  Ugh, I wasn't fully awake.

Cool! You don't need to retake the qualification course do you?

PA has no qualification course.  Just the background checks.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »

Cool! You don't need to retake the qualification course do you?

PA has no qualification course.  Just the background checks.

Wow. Your state is more lenient, in that regard, than mine. Shocked

That's why, in another thread, I mentioned that I don't feel put out at all by PA's requirements.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 08:21:28 AM »

RIP TF, you massive FF. Cry
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2014, 02:32:38 PM »

Translating some novel for girls.

I need money Sad

You have more money than girls.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 10:10:24 AM »

I met a girl online today who said she really likes mountains.  Do you think it would impress her if I told her I pioneered legislation that banned mountaintop removal mining in Atlasia?

This can't be serious.

I don't know if it says more about me or the forum that I genuinely can't tell.

Agreed.  I can't tell. Of course if Scott changes his screen name to Manti Te'O, we'll know she isnt' real.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »

I was serious about the girl; I wasn't serious about my 'idea.'

Thank Christ.

Are you certain it's a girl, Manti?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 01:17:05 PM »

RIP Cry
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »

Ah, sh#t. I just remembered that I may have taken a few hits from friends' cigarettes over the past few days and, afterwards, handing the cigarette back to them. Looks like everyone's formal can be ruined.

Frat brother?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2014, 11:43:14 AM »

My sister will have a baby in May.  I'll be an uncle.

Congrats, Phil.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2014, 03:01:51 PM »

He'd be better off if he was.  Less girl problems.  Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2014, 03:08:33 PM »

No, I'm not bisexual either. But yeah, as Grumps said, my life would be a lot easier if I was. Tongue

Dude, I've notice you're drawn to the clingy babes............not good. Sad
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 03:35:29 PM »

No, I'm not bisexual either. But yeah, as Grumps said, my life would be a lot easier if I was. Tongue
It's so complicate to understand you! That's why you're interesting!

------
And Grumps, I'm not sure I agree with you. If he were bisexual= more problems because he would have boys problems too, wouldn't he? Tongue

From what the elderly gay here have posted it's not such a big deal.  Maybe the  younger ones can weigh in.

Dukey, you need to find a proper southern belle, if such a thing exists.  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »

I'm going to see the clingy girl this weekend. My plan is to make her aware that I will have almost no time to see her after this weekend because of exams and the bar. I'm hoping she will back off after that.

She's a sweet girl, but I have so much ahead of me that takes priority over anyone at this point. She says she understands that, but I really don't think she does.

I wish these girls wouldn't be so clingy with me.

You do realize that getting her liquored up and banging her brains out is not going to help your cause here, right, Dukey?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2014, 08:02:56 PM »

Ahhhh, the girl I was worrying over got drunk last night and told me she wanted to be exclusive with me, and that she "needed" me in her life to keep her in line, and that she was tired of being the crazy single girl and really liked me and wished she didn't. 

I really don't know what to do. I either hurt her now and tell her I don't have time to start a relationship with all of this stuff upcoming or just wait and let her figure it out on her own in a months time. I'm just hoping she doesn't remember she said what she said today.

No. No. No. Abandon ship. Cash out your chips. Get off the bus.

You won't be able to get any future "benefits" from her, but it's not as if she's the only woman in the universe who can provide those "benefits."

There's no question I am going to abandon ship. I'm just not sure whether to cut it off now or just wait until I'm too busy to even bother with her and let her get the hint on her own.

Now. She's clearly the wrong kind of crazy - the kind that does not take hints easily.

NOW NOW NOW DUKEY.  RUNNNNNNN
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2014, 02:20:44 PM »

Today, I completed the paperwork to begin a new position at a new company -- an opportunity about which I am very excited! Thanks to those of you who passed along kind words and encouragement a few weeks ago. It helped me through a couple of difficult days!

A call center job, Jess?  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2014, 05:09:26 AM »

Today, American Express called me to tell me I was under financial review and requested to see my income tax returns from the last 2 years. The rep explained that they wanted to make sure I could "support my spending." I explained to them that I was a law student and made very little income, but I received income from a trust fund and my parents and have for the last 3 years. She told me they only would consider my earned income and said in worst cases, they would SHUT DOWN the account.

I've had this card since I was in high school. I've never heard of a credit card company asking for stuff like this. I have never missed a payment nor did I run a balance on the card. I am going to send them my tax info along with my bank account and trust statements, but this is just bizarre. If they only look at my income tax returns where I made like $8K last year, they'll definitely close my account. Part of me wants to just tell them thanks but no thanks and take my business elsewhere.

This sounds like a scam.  Call AMEX to verify.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies