MI-Gov, MIRSNews: Snyder in the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:30:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI-Gov, MIRSNews: Snyder in the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Gov, MIRSNews: Snyder in the lead  (Read 4354 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: October 15, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »
« edited: October 15, 2013, 11:19:54 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

Even if you apply a correction factor based on their 2012 presidential results this still has Snyder with a 5 point or so lead, which while not dominating is still very good news for Synder.

If Snyder is ahead, let's say 45-40 against an unknown opponent, then I'd say this isn't an especially encouraging showing for an incumbent.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:49:24 AM »

Even if you apply a correction factor based on their 2012 presidential results this still has Snyder with a 5 point or so lead, which while not dominating is still very good news for Synder.

If Snyder is ahead, let's say 45-40 against an unknown opponent, then I'd say this isn't an especially encouraging showing for an incumbent.

Considering that polls from the first half of the year had that same unknown opponent in the lead, this is quite encouraging for Snyder.

It would have been if we had trendlines from this pollster.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 01:14:03 PM »

Is not the bolded part above a trend, even if it is not for this specific race?  Even tho krazen is being his usual hyperbolic self, trying to shrug this off or not recognize this as bad news for the Democrats is ludicrous.

A single poll of dubious quality is bad news for Democrats? Now, that's a bit hyperbolic.
Besides, let me remind you that this poll came after an (obviously unanswered) ad blitz by Snyder in order to improve his atrocious numbers. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:41:41 PM »

That Snyder can afford to do an ad blitz this far out doesn't concern you?  Of course the reason for it was no doubt to improve his numbers to forestall someone primarying him on the issue of electability.  That it worked suggested that Snyder was never as down as the Democrats hoped.

Everybody knows that Snyder is wealthy, it's not like Democrats will be blindsided by his spending.

Also, I don't remember anybody suggesting the he was vulnerable to a primary challenge, unlike Scott and Corbett.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies