PUTTING YOUR OWN VIEWS ASIDE, WHO WILL REALLY WIN?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:33:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PUTTING YOUR OWN VIEWS ASIDE, WHO WILL REALLY WIN?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: WHO WILL REALLY WIN?
Bob Casey Jr.

Ricky Santorum

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: PUTTING YOUR OWN VIEWS ASIDE, WHO WILL REALLY WIN?  (Read 15124 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2005, 10:25:04 AM »

I still can't believe I'm possibly contemplating voting for Rick.

*shocked*

I know Casey isn't your type of ideology, but is he a nutcase who has a bizarre obsession with man on dog sex? Think of it that way.

Would you shut up with that?  Honestly, it is a sad testamentto the state of the Left that all you can do is resort to outrageous personal attacks.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2005, 10:31:31 AM »

Casey may be pro-life, but is he more of an economically minded person? Santorum has spent a lot of energy on socially conservative causes, and while Casey might share some his views on those things, it doesn't mean he would fight as hard for them, or become the social conservative leader in the Senate, as Santorum is.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2005, 11:05:06 AM »

Casey may be pro-life, but is he more of an economically minded person? Santorum has spent a lot of energy on socially conservative causes, and while Casey might share some his views on those things, it doesn't mean he would fight as hard for them, or become the social conservative leader in the Senate, as Santorum is.

Does it matter?

His father was largely ecoonimical, but he was chastized by the Left.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2005, 11:09:24 AM »

Does it matter?

Could he appease the voters by simply ignoring social issues then and focusing on economic ones?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2005, 11:09:51 AM »

*shocked*

I know Casey isn't your type of ideology, but is he a nutcase who has a bizarre obsession with man on dog sex? Think of it that way.

Would you shut up with that?  Honestly, it is a sad testamentto the state of the Left that all you can do is resort to outrageous personal attacks.

As long as he made those comments, they are fair game.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2005, 12:29:57 PM »

Does it matter?

Could he appease the voters by simply ignoring social issues then and focusing on economic ones?

Doubt it.  The fact that this is Santorum running is going to assure that social issues play, at least, a strong secondary role in the camapign.

If Santorum doesn't make it an issue, Liberal activist groups will.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2005, 12:33:05 PM »

*shocked*

Come on Soulty .... it's not as if the right has NEVER made outrageous personal attacks (ie Hitlery, the Limbaugh-Chelsea-Dog incident, John Kerry "looks French", etc).  Unfortunately politics has slid down to that level.  I agree that online we should try to keep the tone of things at a higher level though.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2005, 12:41:30 PM »

*shocked*

Come on Soulty .... it's not as if the right has NEVER made outrageous personal attacks (ie Hitlery, the Limbaugh-Chelsea-Dog incident, John Kerry "looks French", etc).  Unfortunately politics has slid down to that level.  I agree that online we should try to keep the tone of things at a higher level though.

And so you need to delegitamize your own views by resorting to this?

While all of us moderates and conservatives are on here talking issues, strategy and Demographics, the Libs are busy makin personal accusations.  It is not like we are being outrageous in promoting our guy... HELL at this point Phil has basically given up on the race.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2005, 02:04:02 PM »

*shocked*

And so you need to delegitamize your own views by resorting to this?

While all of us moderates and conservatives are on here talking issues, strategy and Demographics, the Libs are busy makin personal accusations.  It is not like we are being outrageous in promoting our guy... HELL at this point Phil has basically given up on the race.

I disagree with your characterization there.  Claiming that "Libs are busy makin personal accusations" is garbage.  I consider myself a liberal (and I'm certain we could find more than a few people who would agree with that characterization) but I'm not attacking Santorum on a personal level.  Just because SOME do it doesn't mean the entire group does it.

Similarly, if we roll back the clock a few months we can find numerous incidents where conservatives (as well as liberals) flagrantly resorted to personal attacks on the other party's candidate(s) for no other reason than to promote their own.  I don't condone this sort of behavior, but I also recognize that BOTH sides do it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies