First Convention of the Progressive Union - Burlington VT (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:04:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  First Convention of the Progressive Union - Burlington VT (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Convention of the Progressive Union - Burlington VT  (Read 5302 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 29, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »

Folks, I've given this a little consideration and I would like to switch my abortion vote to negative. The reason is that given current events I think the wording in the platform is a little too permissive. I think we should be tolerant of positions that differ from our own, and I promise to do that and to do my part to maintain a large tent atmosphere, but I simply am not comfortable with the language of it.

So my votes all stay the same except that one.

LGBT Rights: Choice A
Game Reform: Abstain (Depends on the plan, though - I only oppose reducing just to reduce, or reduction that result in a large net loss of offices)
Abortion: Negative
Rest of them: Affirmative
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:06:16 PM »

Considering the Mideast Assembly was just considering a bill with stricter penalties than Nicaragua, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, I think I agree with you DemPGH.

Personally, I'd be way happier if people just didn't legislate on the issue at all.

Yeah. Did I see the death penalty referenced by someone there?! or I think it might have been a ridiculously long jail sentence. Haha, might be a good time for me to step away for a spell from being A.G. before I do something really rash Wink
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »

An alternate wording for the abortion plank could read something like this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 09:34:44 AM »

It's great to see people wanting leadership positions! The new census report has us at 19, so I definitely think if we adopt the right approach we are well on our way to being an ideas-based alternative to the same old. At the end of the day, though, we're all on the same team, and we're going to need to be if we're to keep building, and I really want to see that!

Looking forward to seeing everything play out here, and yes, I'm strongly considering a Senate run. Others are better at the party leadership stuff than me, so have it! Smiley
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 04:25:42 PM »

I will support Siren for chair as well. She's been a true freedom fighter in the assembly of the Mideast and has articulated a fine vision.

However it works out, though, we've all got to support each other!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies