An Apology to Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:26:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An Apology to Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Apology to Atlasia  (Read 826 times)
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2013, 12:51:40 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2013, 01:08:20 PM by Marnetmar »

After spending some time away from Atlasia to think about the actions I took last month, I would like to apologize not only to the Progressive Union but to Atlasia as a whole.

My inability to serve in my office when elected to the pacific council, my condescending, cynical and selfish attitude towards the PU's redistricting and my arrogant attitude towards my actions, my proposal to create a radical right-wing political party for the sake of humor, and my general lack of proper knowledge of the operations of Atlasia take away my right to decry the actions of others as wrong completely. While I was intending to outright hurt Atlasia or the PU, my actions have undoubtedly done so. Public trust in the Progressive Union has plummeted far more than I intended or imagined, and as a possible result, the Federalists won the presidential election in a landslide and a gigantic outbreak of drama resulted.

It will take a long time, but I strongly hope to be forgiven for the mess that I have made. I will not attempt to run for office until I have attained the maturity to help represent the Atlasian people properly and meaningfully.

For now, I'll answer any questions to the best of my ability.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:41:19 PM »

I forgive you. Anyone should get another chance. Hope to see you more active.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 01:50:57 PM »

I think you're overestimating the impact here. A landslide win for Duke was on the cards from the moment Bacon King withdrew although I suppose the fractious Labor primary that resulted didn't hurt.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 02:56:53 PM »

I think you're overestimating the impact here. A landslide win for Duke was on the cards from the moment Bacon King withdrew although I suppose the fractious Labor primary that resulted didn't hurt.

I don't think Bacon King would have performed better in any significant sense.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 08:30:33 PM »

While it hurt, I highly doubt your actions had an impact on the Presidential election. Plus didn't all that come out afterwards?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 08:38:32 PM »

You are forgiven. Smiley

While it hurt, I highly doubt your actions had an impact on the Presidential election. Plus didn't all that come out afterwards?
Yes, this was afterwards.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 08:59:46 PM »

You are forgiven. Smiley

Yes, this was afterwards.

Goes to show how much I participate here. I think I'll sit back and lurk for a while.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 10:29:29 PM »

I doubt you influenced the presidential election. The People had it locked down once Bacon King dropped out. The Progressive Union was really no threat to The People's Ticket or The Campaign.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »

I doubt you influenced the presidential election. The People had it locked down once Bacon King dropped out. The Progressive Union was really no threat to The People's Ticket or The Campaign.

It would seem that is the case, indeed. And now that I've actually took some time to study your positions I find myself very much on the same page as you.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 12:28:54 AM »

It takes real guts to apologize like this, I commend you for owning it. You did give more fire to the anti-Progressive Union campaign, but I feel they would of found another event to jump on, don't beat up on yourself to bad. Stay around good sir.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies