German Elections & Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:22:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  German Elections & Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: German Elections & Politics  (Read 662862 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: December 23, 2013, 07:58:12 AM »

Haven't PASOK basically given up the pretence of being a serious contender (unlike the SPD) and now just exist because they exist.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »

Question here; how are the CDU going to deal with the AfD? Its just that now they've been robbed of their usual 'right-wing' coalition partners, the only options that they have left are Grand and Black-Green coalitions. To my mind, this presents a potential problem, as these coalitions (I'd expect), are more likely to be geared towards the political centre (as with Merkel's current Grand Coalition), thus meaning that this might alienate the more right-wing CDU voters, who could be tempted to flirt with the AfD (weakening the overall CDU vote). Will the CDU come to some sort of accommodation with the AfD in the future (which might assuage any concerns that parts of their base might have), or will it continue to block their entry into government? I could be totally and utterly wrong here, but from what I can see, a problem seems to be emerging Tongue.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 12:57:38 PM »

On a completely unrelated note (this has always puzzled me) why do some European countries place a comma in place of a point when listing percentages?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies