German Elections & Politics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:33:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  German Elections & Politics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 176
Author Topic: German Elections & Politics  (Read 662118 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: August 02, 2016, 07:24:26 AM »

Wahl-o-mat for the Berlin state election is out:
http://www.bpb.de/politik/wahlen/wahl-o-mat/

My "weighted" results:
Greens 75.6%
Pirates 71.1%
Left 63.3%
SPD 62.2%
NPD 51.1% (WTF?)
FDP 44.4%
CDU 37.8%
AfD 35.6%
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #1326 on: August 02, 2016, 03:24:53 PM »

AfD: 73,7%
Bürgerbewegung pro Deutschland: 67,1%
NPD: 67,1%
FDP: 59,2%
CDU: 57,9%
SPD: 38,2%
DL: 21,1%
Grünen: 19,7%
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1327 on: August 03, 2016, 04:20:16 AM »

Was putting up election posters in Berlin last sunday and it became a surreal experience again.

First, some 50-year-old guy who is completely naked except for his briefs is opening his window in the first floor and starts an incoherent rant in a thick Saxon accent: "You're not doing anything except letting all those refugees in!" First he claims that he's voting AfD, later he's yelling that he's voting "red" (presumably The Left?).

Later that day a seemingly unhinged woman is harrassing us and wants to know if we have a permit for putting up election posters and on what legal basis we're doing this. Our answer that you don't need a permit for this and that the state's electoral law allows us to do it, doesn't convince her at all. Instead, she wants to write down our names so that she can file charges with the police later on. Our refusal to give her our names leads her to write down the license plate of our rental car.

Why, or why, are those people allowed to vote?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1328 on: August 03, 2016, 05:52:59 AM »

Was putting up election posters in Berlin last sunday and it became a surreal experience again.

First, some 50-year-old guy who is completely naked except for his briefs is opening his window in the first floor and starts an incoherent rant in a thick Saxon accent: "You're not doing anything except letting all those refugees in!" First he claims that he's voting AfD, later he's yelling that he's voting "red" (presumably The Left?).

Later that day a seemingly unhinged woman is harrassing us and wants to know if we have a permit for putting up election posters and on what legal basis we're doing this. Our answer that you don't need a permit for this and that the state's electoral law allows us to do it, doesn't convince her at all. Instead, she wants to write down our names so that she can file charges with the police later on. Our refusal to give her our names leads her to write down the license plate of our rental car.

Why shouldn't they? No-one can be intelligent as you, oh wise one.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1329 on: August 03, 2016, 06:18:53 AM »

You see, that attitude is why your absolute farce of a party will continue to be decimated.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1330 on: August 03, 2016, 06:21:00 AM »

You see, that attitude is why your absolute farce of a party will continue to be decimated.

Go f**k yourself.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1331 on: August 03, 2016, 08:47:15 AM »

My results are somewhat bi-polar and indecisive 
FDP - 57.5
NPD - 57.5 (if my grandfather was alive...)
SPD - 55
AfD - 53.8
greens - 51.3
CDU - 51.3
The left - 47.5

If I were an eligible voter I'd vote SPD
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1332 on: August 03, 2016, 10:23:36 AM »

I'm merely treating the scum in the same manner the scum has treated me for the past one and a half year or so. An eye for an eye. While this won't necessarily lead to justice, at least I'll have my vengeance.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1333 on: August 04, 2016, 01:07:27 PM »

Go f**k yourself.

I rest my case! Cheesy
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1334 on: August 05, 2016, 03:22:10 AM »

I'm merely treating the scum in the same manner the scum has treated me for the past one and a half year or so. An eye for an eye. While this won't necessarily lead to justice, at least I'll have my vengeance.

And what did they do wrong, they have a perfect right to do that, and they have a perfect right to oppose refugees, and the woman, also while probably wrong, doesn't deserved to be called scum nor is the man.

The greens are a utter sh**t party as well, serving middle class interests, with no concerns for actual working class people.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #1335 on: August 05, 2016, 08:45:12 AM »

Are you satisfied with Merkel's/Seehofer's work?

Are you satisfied with Merkel's refugee policy?

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1336 on: August 17, 2016, 01:29:09 PM »

Latest Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and Berlin state election (Sept.) polls:

By West/East Berlin:

Mecklenburg-Vorpommern:

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1337 on: August 19, 2016, 01:31:49 PM »

Another Mecklenburg-Vorpommern state election poll (Infratest Dimap for NDR):

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1338 on: August 19, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »

The AfD likely underpolls by 3-6%, so their actual vote is likely ~25%.

Which means they could still fight with SPD and CDU for first place.

But the SPD-Governor's popularity will likely secure the SPD its first place in the end.

The state election is in 2 weeks, btw.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #1339 on: August 19, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »

Is there a reason why spd has siffered in local and federal polls since last year, is it association with cdu with the grand coalition or do they have their own issues in the coalition?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1340 on: August 19, 2016, 01:44:55 PM »

Is there a reason why spd has siffered in local and federal polls since last year, is it association with cdu with the grand coalition or do they have their own issues in the coalition?

The SPD bleeds voters to the AfD (especially in the East), but if there are popular incumbent Governors such as in Rheinland-Pfalz, they can hold their vote (or even increase it slightly).
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #1341 on: August 19, 2016, 01:47:54 PM »

The SPD bleeds voters to the AfD (especially in the East), but if there are popular incumbent Governors such as in Rheinland-Pfalz, they can hold their vote (or even increase it slightly).
Thanks! I always just assumed afd got its voters from disillusioned cdu and free liberals
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1342 on: August 19, 2016, 01:48:05 PM »

The SPIEGEL, on Angela Merkel's campaign stop yesterday in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (her home state):

"Merkel campaigns in MV: At least she didn't get booed."

"The only people in the crowd who were cheering when she spoke: tourists who wanted to take pictures with her and asylum seekers from the Middle-East who shouted that they wanted Merkel to help bring their families to Germany. The resident Germans in the crowd stood there silently as she spoke."

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/angela-merkel-im-wahlkampf-in-mecklenburg-vorpommern-a-1108430.html
Beezer

Political Matrix

« Reply #1343 on: August 25, 2016, 02:35:55 PM »

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1344 on: August 25, 2016, 05:44:43 PM »

My cousin who moved to Nuremberg a few weeks back said that her new neighbor is a big AfD supporter.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1345 on: August 25, 2016, 05:52:26 PM »

Have we noted there is an amazing chance in future of a grand coalition being unable to form a majority and (if the Greens and FDP fall below threshold) having to choose between AfD and Linke as a third partner?
rob in cal
« Reply #1346 on: August 25, 2016, 06:03:01 PM »

With the Greens at 5% is there a chance that their voters desert them out of fear of wasting their votes?  Or would it be more likely that Linke and SPD voters might back them to help them get over the threshold?
   The idea of a Grand Coalition with a minority of votes and seats is fascinating.
Beezer

Political Matrix

« Reply #1347 on: August 26, 2016, 02:22:09 AM »

Looking at this my guess is that some on the red-green left may migrate to the SPD to keep them in first place and ensure the SPD-state premier stays in power. AfD should come in second considering that they've been underpolled in recent state elections. They got 19% in the last Saxony-Anhalt poll before the election (where they wound up getting 24%).

Beezer

Political Matrix

« Reply #1348 on: August 26, 2016, 02:24:02 AM »

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1349 on: August 26, 2016, 07:37:57 AM »
« Edited: August 26, 2016, 07:49:13 AM by DavidB. »

My Wahl-O-Mat result for one of my favorite cities in the world:

AfD 73.7%
FDP 64.5%
CDU 60.5%
SPD 38.2%
Gruene 35.5%
OeDP 34.2%
Linke 31.6%

Despite my concerns regarding the less than satisfying response vis-a-vis anti-Semitism within the party, I would vote AfD.

When youe establish a successful right-wing party, it's pretty much inevitable that you'll find anti-Semites there. Come one, is anyone really surprised? National conservatism and national liberalism always had an anti-Semitic streak in both Germany and Austria, be it in the German Empire/Austria-Hungary, the Weimar Republic/First Austrian Republic, or in the immediate post-war era. Why should it be any different now?
Hadn't seen this yet, sorry. In many countries, when you establish a successful right-wing party, it is not at all inevitable that there will be anti-Semites. It may be the case in Germany, and it may be the case that I underestimated this. Of course I know everything about the history of national conservatism and national liberalism in Germany and Austria, but the expectation that it would nowadays be different in Germany doesn't seem too strange. Christian parties were anti-Semitic as hell before WWII, yet the CDU is hardly an example of flaming anti-Semitism, so why would the AfD necessarily include anti-Semites? And, even if the party includes them, why would the leadership tolerate this? I may have grossly underestimated this, though. I know the anti-Americanism / pro-Kremlinism / (anti-Semitic) conspiracy theories are popular among the German far right, but it is always hard to make an estimate of the extent to which this is "central" to the ideas of party members and voters. It now appears this "thinking" (perhaps a bit too generous a qualification) is much more central to many AfD politicians and voters' ideas than I thought and hoped.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 176  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies