Weird dreams you've had involving politicians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:13:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Weird dreams you've had involving politicians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had involving politicians  (Read 54554 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: June 07, 2021, 03:49:08 PM »

I dreamt last night that Kamala Harris was Governor of California, and she was facing a recall election.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #476 on: June 07, 2021, 10:58:16 PM »

I dreamt last night that Kamala Harris was Governor of California, and she was facing a recall election.

Interesting.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #477 on: July 05, 2021, 12:42:25 PM »

Not a politician, but…

Stephen Breyer died in my dream last night.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #478 on: July 05, 2021, 02:27:41 PM »

Despite my deep interest in politics this has only happened a couple of times.

After the 2018 midterms I dreamt I was on an out of control roller coaster with Donald Trump that turned out to be following lines of a polling graph for the 2016 GOP nomination.

More recently I had a very odd dream involving Mette Frederikson and Pernille Vermund.  I don't feel comfortable discussing it but basically it ended with a joint press conference, in English, where they said they would not step down as leaders of their respective parties and that I would be expelled from Danish soil.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #479 on: July 05, 2021, 03:25:58 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2021, 03:29:54 PM by Mexican Wolf »

The other night, I dreamt that Columbia Pictures sent me back in time to re-edit the first My Girl movie because they thought it wasn't as marketable as it could've been.

I guess the super tangential relationship that this has to politics is that Anna Chlumsky played the Chief of Staff to a fictional Vice President on Veep long after she was in My Girl.
EJ24
United States

« Reply #480 on: July 06, 2021, 01:18:24 PM »

I had a dream in late 2019 that the 2020 election was Biden vs. Trump and the networks were calling Texas for Biden. Mind you, this was before Biden was even the nominee.

You can see why I almost thought I was psychic when it looked like Texas was actually in play right before the election.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #481 on: September 10, 2021, 12:55:42 PM »

I had a dream that Kamala Harris was imprisoned underground in Colombia.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #482 on: September 11, 2021, 12:00:30 AM »

In a dream, a few months ago I met Pres. Biden and he was nice.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #483 on: September 11, 2021, 12:56:14 AM »

I had a dream that me, Ron DeSantis, and Greg Abbott were on a really nice boat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #484 on: September 11, 2021, 05:49:41 AM »

I had dreams about Pelosi accepting Act blue donations but refuses to renew UBI payments, I am not saying it will be a 2014 Election, bit if it is, it will be self inflicted wound by D's not giving back to their voters 1 more extension while the Delta Varient is going around
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #485 on: September 11, 2021, 11:58:43 AM »

Last night, I dreamed that I was arguing with morons who thought that Conor Lamb was more electable than John Fetterman.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #486 on: November 21, 2021, 12:08:03 AM »

Last night I had a dream Janet Yellen’s head was on fire and than something about the ancient practice of Saturnalia?
retromike22
United States

« Reply #487 on: November 27, 2021, 10:06:48 PM »

A few years ago I had a dream that I was having sandwiches for lunch with Angela Merkel.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #488 on: November 28, 2021, 02:09:20 PM »

Maybe two years ago I had a dream that I met Bernie and he was drunk for some reason.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #489 on: December 14, 2021, 02:38:24 PM »

I just had a dream that Delaware also existed as a large island nation some ways west of Morbihan in northwest Europe. It was shaped more like Rhode Island but stretched much longer.

Politically the country was depicted as a corrupt dictatorship and an awful place to live. Despite western living standards, the secret police commonly wired people's homes and enforced arbitrary laws against forms of entertainment or music the dictator didn't like. Tourism is discouraged due to risk of foreign visitors being punished or imprisoned for such "crimes" or for not respecting the regime enough or comparing it to North Korea. The country was supported back during the Cold War by the US as a manufacturing bulwark against the USSR, but they are likely to be stabbed in the back by their former allies who probably don't want such an unsavory regime right in the middle of the Celtic Sea. They also haven't been this brutally authoritarian until now
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #490 on: December 15, 2021, 04:57:08 AM »

Sean Hannity still says it's an R wave because Biden hasn't visited the Southern Border and the Ds are spending all this time on Insurrectionists Commission and Merrick Garland isn't seeking to indict Trump himself but looking to as usual to file contempt charges on his Associates

Trump if not indicted is gonna deem as a win and still influence the 2022 and run for Prez and press for Voter Suppression

Manchin and Sinema are silly not to pass on Voting Rights and Biden won't visit the Border
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #491 on: January 16, 2022, 11:28:35 AM »

I was watching election results and distinctly remember that Lauren Underwood lost even though the IL Democrats gerrymandered her district to get much bluer. What's funny is that she lost to... Jim Oberweis.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #492 on: January 16, 2022, 01:27:05 PM »

I recently had a dream where Ron DeSantis was my doctor.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #493 on: January 19, 2022, 03:55:57 PM »

I had a pretty bizarre dream last night: I was sitting in the second row in the cockpit of Boeing 747 and Charlie Baker was the pilot. Meanwhile, a bunch of Massachusetts gubernatorial candidates like Maura Haley were flight attendees and tried to convince passengers to vote for them. Meanwhile, Baker sounded relieved to worry about that anymore and we just spoke about the flight and airplane. I remember that we flew just about 300 meters (~ 1000 ft.) high on a sunny day over a beautiful New England landscape and I asked Baker whether he could keep the plane so low to enjoy all the things we saw. I also remember Baker not wearing a pilot uniform, but just a white shirt and the purple tie on his official portrait on Wikipedia.

I'm sure it was my phone's alarm that ended the dream early in the morning. Somewhat annoyed me as I enjoyed flying over that landscape.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #494 on: February 23, 2022, 03:03:01 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2022, 03:10:22 PM by bagelman »

✓ President Joe Biden (D-DE) / Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI)

Former President Donald Trump (R-FL) / Vice President Kamala Harris (R-CA)

2024 is a rematch of 2020 with a twist: Donald Trump's running mate is Kamala Harris. President Biden chooses a white man from the northeast as his new running mate. I chose Senator Whitehouse as someone similar in appearance but it need not be him.

Although the state map is boring there are plenty of internal shifts. New York and California both trend Republican, North Carolina and Pennsylvania both trend Democratic. Texas is not ready to vote for a Democratic president but is clearly no longer securely red, voting as the least secure by margin (but not raw vote) Trump state. Arizona votes left of Wisconsin, the least secure Biden state. Iowa isn't very close and just has some third party vote, maybe a little closer than 2020.

In general there are some D trends in various R states like Texas and R trends in a couple Safe D states.

As for me, I didn't remember to vote on election day. The morning after I rationalize that Ohio's Safe R anyway and I care significantly less than I did 4 years ago.

At one point in the dream I ask about the NPV and I'm told it's much closer than it was in 2020: Biden +12.5. Rather blatant contradiction.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #495 on: April 18, 2022, 11:05:42 AM »

After Easter service I was leaving my church by the main doors and entered a short unlighted tunnel where I was accosted by a talking maroon-colored cloud that introduced itself as afleitch. After exchanging conversation for a few minutes we came out of the tunnel and ended up exiting by the church doors again where we met John Lewis and Elijah Cummings shaking churchgoers' hands and wishing them all a blessed Resurrection Sunday.

I think the Nathan story has been sticking in my head a bit too much.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #496 on: June 18, 2022, 06:22:39 PM »

I was in college and I was doing an at-home final for some sort of ancient history/classics class taught by Tulsi Gabbard. The final was ridiculously difficult and in the form of a crossword puzzle (which I had to admit was kind of clever). I was freaking out that I was going to fail the class and Tulsi Gabbard would laugh at me for being such a dumb lib.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #497 on: June 20, 2022, 02:08:38 PM »

I just dreamt that Benjamin Netanyahu had secret relations with Benazir Bhutto.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2022, 09:30:26 PM »

Last night, I dreamt that Glenda Jackson decided to run for Parliament again and I was part of a group writing letters to people living in retirement homes in her constituency to encourage them to go vote for her. (I probably got some aspects of the UK electoral system wrong.) The leaders of the group didn't like how I wrote and designed my letters for some reason, so I had to keep redoing them until I woke up.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #499 on: July 20, 2022, 04:13:39 AM »

Pretty sure my brain's reaction to the UK heatwave was to fabricate a series of fever dreams about the Tory leadership race spiraling out of control.

But then I woke and realised that Liz Truss now the frontrunner, and realised that the race really had spiraled out of control.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies