It's official: Casey is running!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:20:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  It's official: Casey is running!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: It's official: Casey is running!  (Read 11560 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2005, 04:56:30 PM »

I would vote for Pinochet over Santorum.

But the real question is - Would you vote for a Nepalese communist rebel who opposed abortion yet despised school uniforms and Norm Coleman over Santorum?  That's what we're all dying to know.  Roll Eyes

hell yes! I'd even vote for said person over a pro-choice Democrat like Lieberman.
Cashcow

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2005, 05:29:32 PM »

So a center-left social conservative vs. a right-wing social conservative. This is a win-win situation for you!
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2005, 05:37:32 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2005, 05:44:08 PM by nickshepDEM »

I wouldnt look at Santorum backing down as "cowardly."  If he believes he cannot win its a smart move politically.  I seriously doubt he will back down though.  Hes gonna' have more money and more backing from the GOP than any politician could ever dream of.  Anything he wants or needs for the campaign will be there on demand. 

Right now Id say its a coin flip.  50-50 race.  Quite possibly could be a lean Santorum race right now.

Question for PA residents.  Is Casey a good public speaker and debater?  Will he be able to keep up with the charismatic senate veteran like Santorum?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2005, 05:50:39 PM »

Question for PA residents.  Is Casey a good public speaker and debater?  Will he be able to keep up with the charismatic senate veteran like Santorum?

I pointed this out earlier. Casey is not a good public speaker. Santorum has a clear advantage here.

Also, this just in, Joe Hoeffel will not be running for Senate.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2005, 05:55:06 PM »

is casey opposed to a national right to work law?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2005, 05:55:50 PM »

is casey opposed to a national right to work law?

Not sure.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2005, 05:58:43 PM »

I went to a Casey town hall this past year, and he was uninspiring.  While Hoeffel was interesting to hear, and Specter was average at best, Casey was boring, montonous, and just wasn't polished as a speaker. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2005, 06:01:31 PM »

I went to a Casey town hall this past year, and he was uninspiring.  While Hoeffel was interesting to hear, and Specter was average at best, Casey was boring, montonous, and just wasn't polished as a speaker. 

Santorum really needs to do well in the debates to swing this thing. Unfortunately, that still might not be enough.  Sad
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2005, 06:02:27 PM »

i would support most any democrat over santorum.

but the term 'populist democrat' is just another word for 'idiot' in my opinion.

this casey guy sounds like a paint-chipper.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2005, 06:03:44 PM »

Santorum really needs to do well in the debates to swing this thing. Unfortunately, that still might not be enough.  Sad

If I were Santorum, I'd offer Casey that option of doing a series of Lincoln/Douglas style debates across PA.  Something like mini-debates in the key stops just to see if he'd agree.  It'd be a great way to use Santorum's main asset.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2005, 06:09:13 PM »

If I were Santorum, I'd offer Casey that option of doing a series of Lincoln/Douglas style debates across PA.  Something like mini-debates in the key stops just to see if he'd agree.  It'd be a great way to use Santorum's main asset.

I hope to attend atleast one of those debates.  Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2005, 06:19:02 PM »

This will actually be a much funner race to watch without a pitiful Democratic candidate, and no matter the result, PA still wins, to a degree.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2005, 06:21:10 PM »

This will actually be a much funner race to watch without a pitiful Democratic candidate, and no matter the result, PA still wins, to a degree.

I agree. Casey is a good guy but I wish my political hero would be re-elected.
danwxman

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2005, 06:33:54 PM »

but the term 'populist democrat' is just another word for 'idiot' in my opinion.

This would be a horrible race for you, I can't imagine who you'd vote for. Casey is an economic liberal, very pro-union, pro-life and pro-death penalty. He is pro-gay rights however, which I found interesting.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2005, 07:30:50 PM »

This would be a horrible race for you, I can't imagine who you'd vote for. Casey is an economic liberal, very pro-union, pro-life and pro-death penalty. He is pro-gay rights however, which I found interesting.

i cant support either of these candidates.

any normal people in pennsylvania?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2005, 07:34:35 PM »

Ken Krawchuk Smiley
Cashcow

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2005, 07:37:21 PM »

My uncle. He should run!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2005, 07:53:11 PM »

I just had a discussion with my mother about this.  She said Barb Hafer was "a good lady".  Shocked
Cashcow

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2005, 08:02:01 PM »

Maybe your parents aren't as extreme as you are.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2005, 08:07:06 PM »

Maybe your parents aren't as extreme as you are.

most likely you're correct.  Young people tend to be more extreme than older people.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »

Now watch the PA Democrats nominate someone else...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2005, 09:28:17 PM »

I wish that was true but there's no one else that would run. Hoeffel is out. Hafer is out. The two guys are Bob Casey and some joke candidate. Casey has the nomination.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2005, 09:30:35 PM »

I wish that was true but there's no one else that would run. Hoeffel is out. Hafer is out. The two guys are Bob Casey and some joke candidate. Casey has the nomination.

As long has the liberal groups with $$$$ don't totally rebel against him, and just stay neutral, he'll get the nomination.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2005, 09:33:26 PM »

As long has the liberal groups with $$$$ don't totally rebel against him, and just stay neutral, he'll get the nomination.

They have no one to rebel with. They went with Hafer. She dropped out. They would have went with Hoeffel but he's not running. They'll go with Pennacchio but the guy isn't serious especially compared to Casey.
danwxman

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2005, 09:39:32 PM »

I think it's funny how the worst case scenario has played out for Santorum. Gotta admit the Democratic establishment is very motivated to get rid of him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies