CO-Quinnipiac: Gov. Hickenlooper (D) continues to be in trouble
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:59:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CO-Quinnipiac: Gov. Hickenlooper (D) continues to be in trouble
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CO-Quinnipiac: Gov. Hickenlooper (D) continues to be in trouble  (Read 3054 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 09:09:55 PM »

Conservatives and libertarians seem to be really upset that a Democratic governor here actually pushed a democratic agenda and got stuff done. What's the point in being elected in the first place if you're not going to try and change things for the better?

I'd rather be a one-term governor that got a lot of stuff done than a two-term governor who didn't do anything out of fear of upsetting some yellow avatars from across the country.

The problem with this is that the democrats always complain about republican governors pushing their agenda in the same way. The D's calling them extremists and what not, maybe he's just pushing his agenda too. I don't really care what anybody calls "extreme" or "radical" or the definition that they give, there doing the same thing regardless of what people think. McCrory of North Carolina is a good example lately. So I don't think anyone should complain about complaining on the other side.
There's a difference though. Public polling was actually in favor of increased gun control laws after Aurora & Sandy Hook. Not so much for voter disenfranchisement and extreme budget cuts.
hopper
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 05:46:13 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2013, 05:50:03 PM by hopper »

Conservatives and libertarians seem to be really upset that a Democratic governor here actually pushed a democratic agenda and got stuff done. What's the point in being elected in the first place if you're not going to try and change things for the better?

I'd rather be a one-term governor that got a lot of stuff done than a two-term governor who didn't do anything out of fear of upsetting some yellow avatars from across the country.

Exactly. That's why Nancy Pelosi will be hailed in the future as one of the best House Speakers ever while people like Boehner will be simple footnotes.
No Pelosi's favorable numbers were mostly in the low to mid 30's for most of 2009 and 2010 although she got a small bump up to 47% favorable right after ACA was passed.

I agree Pelosi is much more of a leader than Boehner is. She always kept her caucus together no matter what. That's something Boehner can learn from her. Boehner is probably a Tom Foley(D-WA) clone that nobody will remember so your right there.
hopper
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2013, 05:56:18 PM »

The problem with this is that the democrats always complain about republican governors pushing their agenda in the same way. The D's calling them extremists and what not, maybe he's just pushing his agenda too. I don't really care what anybody calls "extreme" or "radical" or the definition that they give, there doing the same thing regardless of what people think. McCrory of North Carolina is a good example lately. So I don't think anyone should complain about complaining on the other side.
There's a difference though. Public polling was actually in favor of increased gun control laws after Aurora & Sandy Hook. Not so much for voter disenfranchisement and extreme budget cuts.
Well he has a budget to balance. He has to either decide to raise taxes or cut spending.

I don't have a problem with gun control and the bill that was passed in CO. It wasn't over the top but CO is very libertarian. When do you see Dems lose D+7 or D+12 districts anyway(I think it was?) Never.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2013, 06:07:39 PM »

Tancredo, in this after the fact PPP poll, is tied with Hickenlooper in the ~40% Hispanic Pueblo district.

gasp
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2013, 09:52:21 PM »

Well he has a budget to balance. He has to either decide to raise taxes or cut spending.

I don't have a problem with gun control and the bill that was passed in CO. It wasn't over the top but CO is very libertarian. When do you see Dems lose D+7 or D+12 districts anyway(I think it was?) Never.

The Democrats overstepped with their power and are going to pay for it next year.
illegaloperation

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2013, 11:38:04 PM »

What Hickenlooper needs to do is show leadership during the storm recovery.

The people of CO will be willing to forgive him.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies