Can some Canadian poster please explain to me.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:30:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Can some Canadian poster please explain to me.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can some Canadian poster please explain to me....  (Read 3010 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 21, 2013, 03:02:39 PM »

The only Atlas blue provinces would be Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Everything else is very swingy.

Like the South (save FL and NC), and UT, WY and ID being the only Atlas blue and every other state being toss up? Sounds like its always 2000 there...

It's a bit different with a 3 party system. Plus we change alignments every 15 years or so, it's hard to call a province consistently Red, Blue, Orange etc.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »

The only Atlas blue provinces would be Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Everything else is very swingy.

Like the South (save FL and NC), and UT, WY and ID being the only Atlas blue and every other state being toss up? Sounds like its always 2000 there...

It's a bit different with a 3 party system. Plus we change alignments every 15 years or so, it's hard to call a province consistently Red, Blue, Orange etc.

True... Like just twenty years ago, the entire South and Heartland went D... Eight years later, it was all Bush country, save Iowa.  CO, NV and NM was also D as with the entire West Coast and Northeast, except for NH... Then NC, VA, FL OH and even IN went D in eight more years! Also, where's the third party's biggest support in?

Historically Saskatchewan, but Quebec was far and away their best province in 2011.

The only other thing I'd add is that the conservative movement in Canada was divided between Reform and the Progressive Conservatives. The latter were centrist/slightly centre right while the former were roughly equivalent to the GOP.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 05:47:52 PM »

Presumably the parties would shift to the left somewhat if Canada actually got to vote in Presidential elections. Under those circumstances I assume Alberta would vote GOP and the rest of the provinces would go Democrat. The shift left would mean the GOP would presumably pick up states like Virginia, New Hampshire etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies