Hello Kitty Beer?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:55:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Hello Kitty Beer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello Kitty Beer?  (Read 2338 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2013, 01:26:08 PM »

http://money.msn.com/now/post--hello-kitty-beer-isnt-kidding-around

What do you think of this product which is being sold in China and Taiwan and is 2.5% alcohol?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:00:21 PM »

Freedom beer.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 10:10:24 PM »

=^.^=
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 10:39:32 PM »

About effing time,  too wussy on the alcohol content though.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 12:02:19 AM »

On second thought, perhaps this beer is the first step to the Kittigeddon and eventually:
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »

Banana Beer and the people who drink it are gross beyond compare, and not even a Hello Kitty on the can could convince me to drink this.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »

Warning: The pictures above can cause eye cancer !

Horrible sh*t.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 11:42:47 AM »

All the haters are just angry that My Little Pony Kegs didn't hit the market first.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »

http://money.msn.com/now/post--hello-kitty-beer-isnt-kidding-around

What do you think of this product which is being sold in China and Taiwan and is 2.5% alcohol?

Might be a good strategy.  There are all sorts of ales and beers available in the US, but 40 years ago that was not the case.  All anyone could find in the stores were watered-down yellow lagers.  This was because the beer companies went after the female market big time after prohibition was ended, in order to increase sales.  It worked.  In China, very few women drink beer so a marketing strategy to soften the image and offer lower alcohol content and fruit flavors may be just what is needed.  I like the pictures of the fruit on the label.  They serve both to entice those who like fruity beer and as a warning for the serious beer drinkers to stay away.

As for the quality of the beer, I can't vouch for it.  I was mostly drinking Tsingtao when I was in China and I probably didn't pay attention even if I saw a hello kitty can on the shelves.  If I had noticed it I don't think it would have held any appeal. 
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »

Well, fruit-flavoured reduced-alcohol (2.5%) beer is a big trend in Germany as well.

However, it is still clearly identifiable as beer, and does not bear comic pictures that might attract minors. I don't think the cans would be allowed under European legislation on consumer and minors protection, unless they bear some kind of "contains alcohol" warning that is at least as well visible as the Kitty drawings.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »

I don't think the cans would be allowed under European legislation on consumer and minors protection, unless they bear some kind of "contains alcohol" warning that is at least as well visible as the Kitty drawings.

We have that sort of reactionary sense here as well.  It would not surprise me if Americans were also intolerant of those Hello Kitty labels.  It's probably only a matter of time till beer companies are required to put on their labels pictures of bodies disfigured and bloody as a result of fatal alcohol-induced car crashes.

We talk about how oppressive the Chinese collectivism is, but as a practical matter the average Chinese person enjoys many personal freedoms that we forewent long ago when we began to pursue a culture of fear and loathing.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 04:09:54 PM »

Maybe Disney could license "Mickey Mouse Malt Liquor" and "Donald Duck Draft Beer". No.

Fruit flavors added to beer? We already have lime-laced beer and 'hard lemonade'.  And let us not forget that practically every wine of course is derived from fruits and shows it.

The problem comes when child-oriented materials, including cartoon characters, are attached to alcoholic beverages.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 04:57:06 AM »

Cruising down main street at 3 am in our metallic pink Nissan Micra, one heel out the window and one hand waving around a lime flavoured Hello Kitty beer. Yes, sir. I would drink it - but only after having several nice, dark, high alcohol beers, or a few glasses of wine just to even out the gender stereotyping.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies