Lawyers: Work Ethic declines

<< < (2/2)

opebo:
Quote from: Justice John Dibble on March 03, 2005, 02:11:03 PM

Quote from: Richius on March 03, 2005, 02:00:29 PM

Quote from: Justice John Dibble on March 03, 2005, 01:49:33 PM

All that says about anything is the generation in terms of lawyers. I know plenty of people who qualify as 'Gen Y' who are willing to work hard - I'm one of them, by the way.

Those with blue and yellow avatars. :D

Actually, I know many from all across the political spectrum(well, no fascists or anything like that). Though, most of them are from the tech industry, so maybe that just says something about the Gen Y and the tech industry.

Good luck finding a job in the tech industry!  And there's nothing wrong with working hard if it actually benefits you.  However in most cases the work ethic is just a con designed to get the working classes to labour in a more concentrated and self-sacrificing way for the owners. 

John Dibble:
Quote from: opebo on March 03, 2005, 02:22:50 PM

All that says about anything is the generation in terms of lawyers. I know plenty of people who qualify as 'Gen Y' who are willing to work hard - I'm one of them, by the way.

Actually, I know many from all across the political spectrum(well, no fascists or anything like that). Though, most of them are from the tech industry, so maybe that just says something about the Gen Y and the tech industry.

Good luck finding a job in the tech industry!

I'm a computer science major, still in college and will be for a few more years. Guess what - I already have a good job waiting for me right out the door that is virtually gauranteed.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd say working hard is almost always in your self interest - you're less likely to get fired that way, you're more likely to get raises, bonuses, or promotions that way, among other things.

Richard:
Quote from: opebo on March 03, 2005, 02:22:50 PM

Good luck finding a job in the tech industry!  And there's nothing wrong with working hard if it actually benefits you.  However in most cases the work ethic is just a con designed to get the working classes to labour in a more concentrated and self-sacrificing way for the owners. 

While there was a slow down 3 years ago, the economy is doing great right now.  There are more co-op students placed now than ever before, including Computer Science.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page