MA-Gov: Coakley in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:04:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-Gov: Coakley in
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MA-Gov: Coakley in  (Read 6356 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2013, 10:55:35 AM »

Announcing tomorrow.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 10:58:02 AM »

Capuano better get in.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 01:09:53 PM »

Or an equally as energetic a campaigner. Anything is better than Coakley.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 01:13:38 PM »

i love capuano.

but in fairness, coakley has beaten cap in a statewide primary once before, why couldnt she do it again.

coakley has been a great ag.  shed probably make a great governor.  but she is a horrible candidate. 

i met her in person and she is ill at ease campaigning.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 02:01:32 PM »

I wonder if this time she'll stand outside Fenway Park in the cold and shake hands.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 02:11:16 PM »

GOD F***ING DAMNIT[/size]
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 02:25:32 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 02:42:24 PM »

Splendid.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 02:44:09 PM »

i love capuano.

but in fairness, coakley has beaten cap in a statewide primary once before, why couldnt she do it again.

coakley has been a great ag.  shed probably make a great governor.  but she is a horrible candidate. 

i met her in person and she is ill at ease campaigning.

Because last time Coakley beat Capuano, it didn't end well.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »

It's still Likely D... even with Coakley,  Who, other than Scott Brown could be a credible candidate here?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 04:30:22 PM »

It's still Likely D... even with Coakley,  Who, other than Scott Brown could be a credible candidate here?

Baker. He's extremely likely to be in.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »

There are already a couple of other statewide officials running, so it's not like Coakley will coast to the nomination.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »

If it ends up being Baker versus Coakley, which it really had better not, I'm pretty sure I'll just write in some member of my family like I do for uncontested House elections.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »

Why would Massachusetts Democrats nominate a centrist proven loser?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 07:59:18 PM »

The GOP has a chance if Coakley is nominated.  And she may well be nominated.  She's a poor candidate that gives the GOP an opening if she is nominated.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 08:02:13 PM »

The GOP has a chance if Coakley is nominated.  And she may well be nominated.  She's a poor candidate that gives the GOP an opening if she is nominated.
But who do Republicans have to put up against her?  I doubt Charlie Baker could beat her, considering he couldn't win in 2010.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »

But who do Republicans have to put up against her?  I doubt Charlie Baker could beat her, considering he couldn't win in 2010.

Massachusetts is SO Democratic that the GOP always nominates candidates who could well be Democrats in other states.  This gives the general election something of a non-partisan tone where the voter can concentrate more on individual personalities.  A Massachusetts Democrat can vote for a Republican they might like without thinking they've signed off on the platter of conservative social issue positions they abhor.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »

Massachusetts is SO Democratic that the GOP always nominates candidates who could well be Democrats in other states.  This gives the general election something of a non-partisan tone where the voter can concentrate more on individual personalities.  A Massachusetts Democrat can vote for a Republican they might like without thinking they've signed off on the platter of conservative social issue positions they abhor.

Really? Like Scott "my favorite Supreme Court Justice is Scalia" Brown?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »

The GOP has a chance if Coakley is nominated.  And she may well be nominated.  She's a poor candidate that gives the GOP an opening if she is nominated.
But who do Republicans have to put up against her?  I doubt Charlie Baker could beat her, considering he couldn't win in 2010.

This is Martha Coakley. She's extremely lazy and an inept campaigner, and MA has a lot of swing voters at the state level. If she makes it past the nomination it's Tilt R.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 10:21:36 PM »

Man, I'm hoping for a vicious Democrat primary Smiley

Rocky Rockefeller
Nelson Rockefeller 152
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 10:54:15 PM »

Boo! We Want Capuano!

True, but he was going up against an incumbent Deval Patrick.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »

I see Charlie Baker (R) winning the GOP nomination for the governorship and winning in an upset in 2014 due to Patrick Fatigue.

Coakley could CHOKE again (like she blew the 2010 Senate special election contest).
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 10:10:02 PM »

The GOP has a chance if Coakley is nominated.  And she may well be nominated.  She's a poor candidate that gives the GOP an opening if she is nominated.
But who do Republicans have to put up against her?  I doubt Charlie Baker could beat her, considering he couldn't win in 2010.

This is Martha Coakley. She's extremely lazy and an inept campaigner, and MA has a lot of swing voters at the state level. If she makes it past the nomination it's Tilt R.

I don't think Baker would be able to defeat Coakley, even if she's a terrible candidate. I say Lean D.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »

I don't think Baker would be able to defeat Coakley, even if she's a terrible candidate. I say Lean D.

dont be ridiculous.  baker gave deval patrick a run for his money.  why couldnt he beat coakley in a year that probably wont be that great for democrats?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »

dont be ridiculous.  baker gave deval patrick a run for his money.  why couldnt he beat coakley in a year that probably wont be that great for democrats?

Because Mass. is a very blue state, and Charlie Baker isn't Scott Brown.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies