1.01.10 - The Imposition -
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:09:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  1.01.10 - The Imposition -
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Author Topic: 1.01.10 - The Imposition -  (Read 27523 times)
t_host1

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2013, 12:22:17 AM »

A historic O-Day today and yet I found myself wondering more about your costumer.

Are you implying that Emperor Obama needs new clothes, or are you saying that the website malfunction is analogous to a wardrobe malfunction?

Smiley
I didn't think anyone would notice. I apologize to you guys that have to check out what is posted, it must be painful at times.
t_host1

« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2013, 09:15:51 AM »

A historic O-Day today and yet I found myself wondering more about your costumer.

Are you implying that Emperor Obama needs new clothes, or are you saying that the website malfunction is analogous to a wardrobe malfunction?

No, you have though; quite fitting.

"The Emperor's New Clothes" is a short tale by Hans Christian Andersen about two weavers who promise an Emperor a new suit of clothes that is invisible to those unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent. When the Emperor parades before his subjects in his new clothes, a child cries out, "But he isn't wearing anything at all!" The tale has been translated into over a hundred languages.
t_host1

« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2013, 11:28:47 AM »

I suppose this is a start:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/15/house-republicans-introduce-resolution-to-impeach-attorney-general-holder/

If they would just aim a little higher, the beast could be contained.
t_host1

« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2013, 10:04:44 AM »

Progressive head wins have the rebuild of the ACA website at an 8 of 10 success rate for the desires of American’s in need of health care services. This accomplishment is a big step. Obama in October stated that the 5% (ACA2) displacement rate from his healthcare plan was a disappointment. The White House repositions the ACA2 stats for only enrollee attempts, claiming, the 30 November ACA website, the White House says, is expecting their improvements will show the official ACA2 rate to be an expected 20%. What is clear, the Magical Math Machine is in need of scheduled updated programing.   

Would seem to me that a fixed ACA website, in the context that you and I would understand a fixed website, only underlines the progressive problem of its product.

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2013, 09:50:42 PM »

I think I might have saw this in one of the posts, but I just love this:

Website to discuss the Obamcare website failure also failed

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/11/18/another-website-another-problem-for-obama/?_r=0

"Some supporters who tried to log in to hear President Obama defend his embattled health care law on Monday night were unable to hear him because the website of the group behind the call, Organizing for Action, failed to work for them."

t_host1

« Reply #230 on: November 20, 2013, 10:12:06 AM »

O. Winfrey and Others are opining that the presence of a black man in the White House gives reason to deny the tools of money and due preference. Yet, blindly – it could be argued, the black man was reelected with untold(s) amounts of money received and accepted. Because a contrarian view is still allowed, explosive reactions like the knock-out thing, originating from the NY guy wanting to punch out a wh*@e guy, has bloomed to sheer intimidation and provocateur’ing. This parallels the Obama rendition of Lincolns’ civil war address just mindlessly omitting “under God” when having the full transcript prepared for him to recite; he just couldn’t do it.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: November 20, 2013, 08:57:12 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/kathleen-sebelius-obamacare-website-crash-100152.html?hp=f1

"Sebelius was visiting a Miami medical center Tuesday and talking with local residents trying to sign up for health coverage. With a local CBS4 television camera rolling, a navigator helping a husband and wife with coverage attempted to send their application. Seconds later, the site failed — in full view of the crowd and attending media."

You cannot make this stuff up.  There most be some sort of GOP mole in the Obama regime. 
t_host1

« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2013, 12:23:51 AM »

Anybody else know if it is true that the White House summoned Democrat reporters only to the White House – Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, for instructions on what was really happening with the cancellations of health care notices? I’m thinking that Obama has one of those MIB mind eraser pens. According to Jaun Williams, they the reporters are supposed to tell the public that the cancellation notices are really renewals for a new and improved policy if they choose to keep their old plan.
t_host1

« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »

Oxford dictionary has installed new words with their self-published, proven definitions already present; with the Dictionary of Business also to be updated soon, the terms certain to be enrolled are “Obamacare Standards” and “radioactive judges and judgments”. Their definitions in practice not so clear at publication may in the end just reference each other with a late entry of "ObamaCare – sub-standard policies”.

The “Radioactive Judges and Judgments” term will, in time, have the same descriptive analogy as “sports doping – enhancement”, // to achieve an outcome that otherwise is not possible with “fair play”. It will have to be pointed out that “Fair Play” is the headlining cause of the progressive purpose yet is rarely placed into progressive purposed practices – “the ends justify the means”. Constitutionally it is, “The End”; of course, updating rules (law) is always subject to interpretation.   
t_host1

« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2013, 08:56:29 AM by t_host1 »

Well, finally, a non gov. health web site, kind of;

http://www.gohealth.com/

This Iran stuff is a bunch bunk, diversion from –  (insert)   , bologna; Obama wanted to impress his supreme leader buddy’s with a Christmas day presences, a new app for that stealth drone he gave them last Christmas, I think - may have been 2 ago. Anyways, what’s a stealth drone without a nuclear tipped missile? Obama/Kerry do this long winded dramatized ordeal so to get Iran the money needed to finish their bomb while having us believe that Iran spends years of tooling for nuclear power2, under sanctions, society sacrifice, an infinite dedication to impose misery and death to all non-Muslims to be no longer their mission, that, Obama and Kerry, China have spared us, the free world, for six months, for $7,000,000,000.00.

IF, my bad on the stealth drone not being a past Obama Christmas gift, meaning then it was actually a US Air Force/CIA screw up, and/or, an Iranian intercept; how is it, the stealth drone, not part of any agreement for its return?     

t_host1

« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »

What do guys think about the Obamacare Homepage having their background image being an ax handed union thug aiming down at Obama drawing a red line on the neck of his big fat white breasted, pardoned, White House Turkey?
 Of course, the backdrop of Obama and the ax handed union thug is the White House, that big oak full of acorns and a hangman’s noose with the liberty bell teetering atop a teleprompter by its ringer; the turkey looks up, see’s that sideways looking smile of Obama and says, ‘but.. but you pardon me!’, that grin turns and bends down towards the turkey with a big smile, those ears just a twitch’n and whispers, and they, ‘Lied’ too you to.
 The image has a 120 sec. fade(s) with the next image of the ax handed union thug walking up the white house steps with Obama and his teleprompter.   
t_host1

« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »

Oh’, the irony of O-Day 59. Biblical study has us, the world, in its final days. Presence’ of appeasement for its delay is met with the Israel denial too the biblical end.  Giving Thanks’ requires a faith of purpose to each of you and all.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »

Oh’, the irony of O-Day 59. Biblical study has us, the world, in its final days. Presence’ of appeasement for its delay is met with the Israel denial too the biblical end.  Giving Thanks’ requires a faith of purpose to each of you and all.

Now, how can you argue with that?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2013, 01:12:20 PM »

I'm very perplexed as to what you think apostrophes are for.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2013, 04:14:21 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2013, 04:48:46 PM by jaichind »

http://www.valuepenguin.com/ppaca/exchanges

is a very good site to look up Obamacare prices across all states.  I did various Scenario Analysis of my future plans.  I wanted to figure out if Bronze or Platinum plans were better for me.  Of course prices will change.

NY 55        NY 55(no sub)       NY 55 NK        FL 60                FL 64  
Br Min        $4,399.68   $13,756.68     $9,171.12   $16,152.24   $15,148.80
Plat Min    $12,987.84   $22,344.84   $14,896.56   $18,409.56   $17,265.96
Br Max      $17,099.68   $26,456.68   $21,871.12   $28,652.24   $27,648.80
Plat Max   $16,987.84   $26,344.84   $18,896.56   $22,409.56   $21,265.96

Br is bronze and Plat is Platinum.  Bronze has lower premiums but max out of pock is higher, and opposite for Platinum.  That leads to different min (which is premium costs) and max (premium + max out of pocket) annual costs. I looked at me getting a Obamacare plan at age 55 in NY state with and without subsides.  I also did NY at 55 if I had no kid (and no subsidies).  Then I ran the numbers for Florida where we plan to retire to after our kid goes to college and looked at the cost at age 60 and 64 where 60 we will still cover our child and at 64 we will not (he is out on his own by then.)

Net net, in NY with a kid, the best thing to do is get a Bronze plan.  Even Bronze plans have a out-of-pocket cap of $12.7K, so the worst case scenario for Bronze and Platinum are around the same but the best case Bronze is way better.  This is irrelevant if one gets subsidies or not since that is fixed relative to MAGI.   Without a kid in NY it is a different story, there the gap in premium costs between Bronze and Platinum narrows as to make a Platinum plan a better deal especially if you expect a significant amount of healthcare spending.

In FL, it is Platinum all the way.  I surmise that this is the case because in FL we have a lot of people on retirement but not get 65.  All of them crowd the private insurance market and most of them being cash strapped pick the Bronze plan to save on premiums.   This leads to the Bronze and Platinum premium gap to only around $2K per year with Platinum with much lower out of pocket caps.  

So, when we retire early, based on these numbers which I guess will change over time, we will get Bronze plan in NY and get Platinum plan in FL when we move there.  

It is also interesting to see huge gap between a NY 55 plan with and without a kid.  For Bronze it is $5K a year and for Platinum it is $7.5K.  Again, just like FL it is an issue of supply and demand.  NY is a place where there are a lot of people raising children so the relative cost of covering children are higher since the demand is so high.  In FL the extra cost of covering a child is almost nothing.

So lesson: If you are going to live in NY, do not have a kid or if you do then structure it so you get Obamacare subsidies.  If you are going to retire in FL, then you should have a relatively high net worth and high investment income so you can afford a Platinum plan.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2013, 01:38:28 AM »

is a very good site to look up Obamacare prices across all states.  I did various Scenario Analysis of my future plans.  I wanted to figure out if Bronze or Platinum plans were better for me.  Of course prices will change.

Br is bronze and Plat is Platinum.  Bronze has lower premiums but max out of pock is higher, and opposite for Platinum.  That leads to different min (which is premium costs) and max (premium + max out of pocket) annual costs. I looked at me getting a Obamacare plan at age 55 in NY state with and without subsides.  I also did NY at 55 if I had no kid (and no subsidies).  Then I ran the numbers for Florida where we plan to retire to after our kid goes to college and looked at the cost at age 60 and 64 where 60 we will still cover our child and at 64 we will not (he is out on his own by then.)

Net net, in NY with a kid, the best thing to do is get a Bronze plan.  Even Bronze plans have a out-of-pocket cap of $12.7K, so the worst case scenario for Bronze and Platinum are around the same but the best case Bronze is way better.  This is irrelevant if one gets subsidies or not since that is fixed relative to MAGI.   Without a kid in NY it is a different story, there the gap in premium costs between Bronze and Platinum narrows as to make a Platinum plan a better deal especially if you expect a significant amount of healthcare spending.

In FL, it is Platinum all the way.  I surmise that this is the case because in FL we have a lot of people on retirement but not get 65.  All of them crowd the private insurance market and most of them being cash strapped pick the Bronze plan to save on premiums.   This leads to the Bronze and Platinum premium gap to only around $2K per year with Platinum with much lower out of pocket caps.  

So, when we retire early, based on these numbers which I guess will change over time, we will get Bronze plan in NY and get Platinum plan in FL when we move there.  

It is also interesting to see huge gap between a NY 55 plan with and without a kid.  For Bronze it is $5K a year and for Platinum it is $7.5K.  Again, just like FL it is an issue of supply and demand.  NY is a place where there are a lot of people raising children so the relative cost of covering children are higher since the demand is so high.  In FL the extra cost of covering a child is almost nothing.

So lesson: If you are going to live in NY, do not have a kid or if you do then structure it so you get Obamacare subsidies.  If you are going to retire in FL, then you should have a relatively high net worth and high investment income so you can afford a Platinum plan.

And to think none of this would matter if we expanded the safety net and implemented single payer.
t_host1

« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2013, 09:54:11 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2013, 09:58:00 AM by t_host1 »

So lesson: If you are going to live in NY, do not have a kid or if you do then structure it so you get Obamacare subsidies.  If you are going to retire in FL, then you should have a relatively high net worth and high investment income so you can afford a Platinum plan.

These numbers do explain the "why" liberal progressing democrats must deny the use of Medical savings Account as Obamacare does 1.01.1 oc. For a person or a family, that works, saves and lives - heeds best non governmental practices - a healthy life, would give a liberal progressing democrat no need to exist.

When absorbing these numbers, think "double ganger. The liberal progressive that receives the same policy without paying for it. The one of many things that liberal progressive democrats can be given credit for is how well their able to keep the Magical Math Machine up and running.

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »

See

http://www.gallup.com/poll/166094/young-americans-least-familiar-healthcare-law.aspx

Overall Obamcare approval is 40-54.  But it is 40-59 for people who are familiar with the law and 41-43 for those not familiar with the law.  So as people learn more about the law the less they approve of it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2013, 01:13:37 AM »

See

http://www.gallup.com/poll/166094/young-americans-least-familiar-healthcare-law.aspx

Overall Obamcare approval is 40-54.  But it is 40-59 for people who are familiar with the law and 41-43 for those not familiar with the law.  So as people learn more about the law the less they approve of it.

Um, isn't familiar an EXTREMELY subjective self-appointed status? What are the odds that many of those claining to be "familiar" with the law are just buying into "fair and balanced" coverage about the law.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2013, 02:12:12 AM »

Badger makes a point, it's a flaw of this poll that it lets the questioner define "familiar."
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2013, 12:59:30 PM »

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-03/irs-needs-changes-to-avoid-health-law-fraud-audit-says.html

The audit found that “critical” pieces in security controls failed during testing and anti-fraud programs are still being developed.

“The IRS’s existing fraud detection system may not be capable of identifying ACA refund fraud or schemes prior to the issuance of tax return refunds,” the auditors wrote.

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2013, 01:26:56 PM »

Another Obama broken promise:

"My guiding principle is, and always has been, that consumers do better when there is choice and competition," President Obama said in a September 2009 speech laying out his vision for the Affordable Care Act.

Well, lets take a look at http://www.valuepenguin.com/ppaca/exchanges and look at the plans available state by state.

In 9 out of 51 states/DC, there is only one insurance provider on the Obamacare exchange.  So I am not sure what competition and comparison shopping Obama keeps on talking about would take place in these 9 states.  Furthermore, 16 states has only two insurance providers.  In the other 26 states/DC are there 3 or more insurance providers.  Note that even these numbers are artificially high as they count various health insurance co-ops many of whom would not survive the year.  Net result, less competition than before Obamacare and words Obama use about "competition" and "comparison shopping" becomes another non-truth uttered by Obama and his regime.
t_host1

« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »

ACA2 is at 25%, so says the Obama Regime, which opened at 5% for October, jumped to 20% for November. This is good news like the Obama Regime claim that they have reduced the rate of increase in the cost for medical insurance/treatment.
 Non-experts have ACA2 rate at 50%+ when Obamacare is fully deployed. The suffrage and eventual early die off will help, so says Obama EPA managers.
 Obama has only 7% of Americans being paid not to work, underlining his success with the sequester option he implemented during the last budget and debt ceiling negotiations. These are all positive signs that further sequester amounts, no further unemployment monies needed and less security and military actions required, will help the claims of needs on the Dec.15 budget settlement easier to accomplish.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/administration-reports-25percent-error-rate-on-obamacare-forms-from-october/2013/12/06/695d508e-5ea8-11e3-be07-006c776266ed_story.html

"estimated one in four Americans who chose health plans through the online federal marketplace in October and November had computer-generated errors"

"Currently, the Web site, HealthCare.gov, is making mistakes in the records of an estimated one in 10 people signing up for a health plan"

"Once the online system is working more fully, it will include an automated way — called “reconciliation” — for the government and participating health plans to compare their lists of who has signed up. That process is supposed to start the middle of this month, but the required part of the system is not yet built. "

Error rate of 10% does not sound so great either.  And the system to reconcile this is not built yet.
t_host1

« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2013, 12:10:53 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2013, 12:16:18 PM by t_host1 »

...a Sunday troll in the park,
 With the imposition just ahead the democratic media spin not leaving an opportunity go to waste, have taken the Mandela non-retribution as an example for Americans not to hold Obama - the progressive destruction of life’s purpose, accountable.  Mandela, knowing that his past will not be accounted for, like the Clintons and eventually the Obama's, try to amend their final judgment of it's evil. Only a progressive leftist democrat will proclaim of its life accounted destructive nature, too its denounced creator, that they are still getting screwed.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies