Canada deports Holocaust denier to Germany to be arrested
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:10:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada deports Holocaust denier to Germany to be arrested
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Canada deports Holocaust denier to Germany to be arrested  (Read 5989 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2005, 10:09:48 AM »
« edited: March 06, 2005, 10:12:40 AM by Old Europe »

Making up fake quotes isn't a great way to show you should be jailing someone.

Thatīs of course a rather... eh, interesting statement for someone who is known for always telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, like your claim that "questioning the government on any policy can result in a life sentence" in Germany and Canada for which Iīm still waiting to see a single proof...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Z%FCndel#Quotes
David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2005, 11:36:23 AM »

Another line from that link says:

"A Canadian law, passed after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in the United States, allows the government to hold terrorism suspects without charge, based on secret evidence that does not have to be disclosed to a suspect or his defense."

That should be alarming to our Canadian friends.

Actually our own government did the same thing to Jose Padilla, held him without charges and without access to lawyer for about 2 years. Clearly that violates his 5th and 6th amendment rights. Now Padilla is definitely a bad actor, an ex-gang member with a long record. But he is an American citizen and the same constitution that protects his rights protects yours and mine. If government can do that to him what stops them from doing it to you or me?

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2005, 12:03:21 PM »

Glad to see European "tolerance" at work again! I'm glad I live in a truly FREE society.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2005, 02:01:15 PM »

Stop lying. Zundel was kicked out of the US because of his views-- he's not a US citizen, his visa was up, and they wouldn't renew it.

He didn't "incite" anything. Canadian communist judges declared that "denying" any part of the Holocaust automatically constitutes "inciting" hate against Jews, though of course that is pure nonsense since claiming they didn't die is merely challenging the historical record, and by extension actually is anti-violence.

Further, the crimes Germany will charge him with are the same-- "inciting" "hate" by questioning certain specifics of concentration camp design and size.

By claiming he has links to violent groups or has committed some kind of violence, you are blatantly lying in a silly, amateur attempt to make Canada look like something other than an anti-free speech country. Next time, research basic facts of the case so your lies will be a little more convincing.

I did do research in fact, and if I am incorrect, it is not because I am a liar, but that someone else did. You can see where I did my research at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Zundel

Plus, you forgot to address the 1991 Supreme Court Decision which made denying the holocaust constitutional.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2005, 07:48:08 PM »

So you're saying Canada can't follow its own Constitution?

And, no, I'm not impressed that you linked to a Wikipedia article written by some ADL clerk in 15 minutes.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2005, 07:57:42 PM »

Another line from that link says:

"A Canadian law, passed after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in the United States, allows the government to hold terrorism suspects without charge, based on secret evidence that does not have to be disclosed to a suspect or his defense."

That should be alarming to our Canadian friends.

Actually our own government did the same thing to Jose Padilla, held him without charges and without access to lawyer for about 2 years. Clearly that violates his 5th and 6th amendment rights. Now Padilla is definitely a bad actor, an ex-gang member with a long record. But he is an American citizen and the same constitution that protects his rights protects yours and mine. If government can do that to him what stops them from doing it to you or me?

The fact that they have absolutely NO reason to go after David S. Public in Michigan.  If you stay out of trouble, the government doesn't screw with your life.  If you join a gang, committ alot of crimes, an/or make them suspicious of you, they're going to take you into custody.  Paddila was a threat to America, and I hope more like him are taken into custody.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2005, 08:31:33 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2005, 01:24:40 AM by Peter Bell »

The fact that they have absolutely NO reason to go after David S. Public in Michigan.  If you stay out of trouble, the government doesn't screw with your life.  If you join a gang, committ alot of crimes, an/or make them suspicious of you, they're going to take you into custody.  Paddila was a threat to America, and I hope more like him are taken into custody.

You are way too trusting of the government (I can't believe I am saying this to a Republican). Although on a whole the police system may be well-intended, there is corruption, and genuine mistakes are made. The wrong people are imprisoned. Being suspicious is not a crime - but sometimes people are prosecuted just because they are suspicious.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2005, 08:45:35 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2005, 01:24:18 AM by Peter Bell »

You are way too trusting of the government (I can't believe I am saying this to a Republican). Although on a whole the police system may be well-intended, there is corruption, and genuine mistakes are made. The wrong people are imprisoned. Being suspicious is not a crime - but sometimes people are prosecuted just because they are suspicious.

I don't fear the government imprisoning me.  Why? Because I give them no reason to be suspicious of me.  The large majority of Americans don't either. They don't have anything to be wooried about.  I must say, you are to afraid of the government (I can't believe I'm saying that to a Democrat).
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2005, 09:13:39 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2005, 01:23:54 AM by Peter Bell »

I don't fear the government imprisoning me.  Why? Because I give them no reason to be suspicious of me.  The large majority of Americans don't either. They don't have anything to be wooried about.  I must say, you are to afraid of the government (I can't believe I'm saying that to a Democrat).

Just a note - if you lived in a communist or fascist country, they'd have no reason to come after you if you don't give them a reason to be suspicious.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2005, 09:21:15 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2005, 09:42:53 PM by Peter Bell »

Just a note - if you lived in a communist or fascist country, they'd have no reason to come after you if you don't give them a reason to be suspicious.

correct
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2005, 09:44:27 PM »

Quoting the previous 7 posts is unnecessary in each post and fills the database with unneeded data. You can just quote the last one or none at all as I am sure the majority of members are able to scroll up the page to read the posts
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2005, 10:56:15 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Jfraud and Karl Marx Jr. post here, so I wouldn't count on it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2005, 11:31:04 PM »

Glad to see European "tolerance" at work again! I'm glad I live in a truly FREE society.

Didn't you advocate internment camps for American muslims?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies