HHH/RFK in 68 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:57:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  HHH/RFK in 68 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HHH/RFK in 68  (Read 5885 times)
PolitiJunkie

« on: September 13, 2013, 01:18:57 AM »

Assuming JFK is pretty popular at this point, I think HHH/RFK would win decisively in this scenario.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 02:42:06 AM »

I actually did this map without reading the part where Kennedy lives.

Meaning JFK dies, LBJ becomes President, and does a way worse job than JFK, thus advantage Republicans. Since your map didn't consider JFK living and thus subscribed to the scenario I laid out, your map leans way more Republican than the thread demands due to what you missed and is thus totally irrelevant. Right?
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »

I actually did this map without reading the part where Kennedy lives.

Meaning JFK dies, LBJ becomes President, and does a way worse job than JFK, thus advantage Republicans. Since your map didn't consider JFK living and thus subscribed to the scenario I laid out, your map leans way more Republican than the thread demands due to what you missed and is thus totally irrelevant. Right?

Geez why don't you like me?

Many reasons, but that has nothing to do with this post. All I meant was that HHH/RFK would have been a way less popular ticket in 68 with JFK dead and LBJ President than if JFK was a popular outgoing President. So if you missed the part that JFK is alive, your map is probably not what it would be had you read that JFK is alive, right?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies