Is Hillary Clinton getting Religion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:01:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Is Hillary Clinton getting Religion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Hillary Clinton getting Religion?  (Read 5103 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: March 02, 2005, 05:17:52 PM »

LIke him or not, Bush's conversion seems prety genuine.
Must have been pretty damn recent, since he used to make fun of the two retarded Christians he executed as Governor of Texas.  (Once, he imitated one of the people for an interview: he made a dumb-looking face and said, "Please don't kill me!")  There's also the video footage of him flipping the bird.

Bush also seems to have no problem invading countries that did nothing to us, as well as breaking the commandment, "Don't take the Lord's name in vein," by going around the country pandering to religious (and sadly gullible) voters.  That's what taking the Lord's name in vein is.  Claiming to do something for God when what he's doing is just the opposite.  Bush doesn't care about the poor, or the environment, or the death penalty, and if he cared about abortion he'd have done more about it than just sit there all day and proclaim he's pro-life.  Bush is about as Christian as Hillary Clinton is, if not less.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 07:08:54 PM »

Have you ever strayed form any of the tenets of your faith, and I mean even the smallest of them?
Of course I have.  One of the major beliefs of my faith is that all have sinned.  But you changed the subject.  Bush has been in powerful positions all his life, and all he does is sit around and execute people, destroy the environment, or invade countries.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I guess you'd feel that way if we were treated the way America has treated Iraq, right?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 10:37:14 PM »

I dunno.  How would I feel if another nation came in and toppled a murderous dictator who had killed hundreds of thousands of my fellow countrymen whenever the whim overcame him, and who had launched two disastrous wars against neighboring countries that killed many hundreds of thousands of my family, friends, neighbors and countrymen?  How would I feel about a nation that allowed me to vote in a FREE election for the first time ever, for representatives of my own choosing?  I may not be overly excited at the presence of foreign troops in my country, but considering that the foreign troops treated me with more dignity and respect than the army of my former dictator, I think I could put up with it until my nation was back on its feet again--especially since the occupying nation was bankrolling the economic reconstruction of my country.
At least you recognize some of the problems in Iraq (i.e. foreign troops all over the place).  But see where I'm coming from.  I don't see much difference between Saddam and George W. Bush, except that Bush is probably a little dumber, and Saddam is a little more sinister.  But they're pretty much the same.  Saddam kills people in his own country; so does Bush by sending people over there.  Bush screws around with our environment and doesn't seem to mind the fact that our economy is falling over thanks to outsourcing.  If a country much bigger than us (not that there is any at the moment) came and bombed us because we had weapons of mass destruction, would you be a little pissed off?  And then, let's say that they didn't find any weapons of mass destruction and said it was to remove our leader?  Would you get even more pissed off?  Would you be thinking, "Gee, these people don't know what they're doing?," or would you be thinking, "Thanks for liberating us with your bombs, bigger country!"

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You're right; I didn't go to Iraq so I've never served my nation in any way, shape or form.  How about yourself?  Why aren't you down in the trences in Iraq rather than sitting in Tennessee?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 10:40:28 PM »

Bush hates trees, and parks, and clean air.  That's why he lets evil big business cut all the trees and pollute the air and actually make our economy move. If Bush cared about the enviroment he would've signed Kyoto and sent our economy down the drain.  That bastard
yeah, our current economy matters much more than that stupid old environment... if we have to screw up the environment at least we have a good economy... right?

Oh wait, the economy sucks right now
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 11:12:50 PM »

He was just saying he was a pacifist.  Which many Christians today are not.

The economy is also doing poorly in terms of job growth considering that large companies all over the country are cutting American jobs for outsourced ones.  Call the number in your computer manual and ask the guy in India who just learned English to get paid the minimum wage if America's economy is doing well some time.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 11:26:34 PM »

Convince a fraction of the people in law school to go into computer engineering, and we might not be outsourcing CE jobs. 

That's not going to happen because the economy isn't good enough so corporations can't afford to pay people the American minimum wage.  So the CE jobs will stay in India.

And speaking of relying on other countries for our backbone economy while simultaneously invading other equally poor ones, I say we outsource the military.  That way nobody worries about a draft!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 11:45:47 PM »

Also, how did we get on the topic of healthcare and the economy on a thread about Hillary finding religion.
Because someone said (albeit through sarcasm) that Bush should be commended for destroying the environment, which supposedly strengthens our economy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies